SERIOUS QUESTION ... Do you like Licorice? If so, Black, Red, other... I have some thoughts.

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

MetalSludgeCEO
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

SERIOUS QUESTION ... Do you like Licorice? If so, Black, Red, other... I have some thoughts.

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

Licorice might be the greatest candy every invented.

Seriously... I am in awe when someone doesn't like licorice, and if you don't like Black Licorice, you are clearly racist.

My favorite, is Black of course... and I also recently saw an amazing commercial advertising licorice.

No, not Twizzlers, not Red Vines, just licorice in general, and they have a gang of flavors.

They even have a website, which might be the greatest site since Metal Sludge launched 25 years ago.

The 12 pak for $89.00 seems high, but each container is 1/2 pound, that is 6 pounds of licorice. Damn... I think I am gonna order anyway!

Do yourself a favor, and go visit > https://licorice.com/

$tEvil
TooOldToCare
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Re: SERIOUS QUESTION ... Do you like Licorice? If so, Black, Red, other... I have some thoughts.

Post by TooOldToCare »

Red Twizzlers. That’s it.
Nate S Axel
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Re: SERIOUS QUESTION ... Do you like Licorice? If so, Black, Red, other... I have some thoughts.

Post by Nate S Axel »

Red Vines are awesome, especially the Grape Licorice. I'm racist though because #BlackLicoriceDoesntMatter. Yuck.
https://www.last.fm/user/SundownDevil
LAglamrocker wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:45 am I can’t believe people actually don’t live in So Cal/ San Diego/Vegas circle ..waste of life
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

I love all licorice because I am a good person
You should never use a straw for anything. Just bite off both ends

Would rather have licorice over something stupid like Snickers
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
skinni
Having Slaughter Open for You

Post by skinni »

never had it
daveg
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by daveg »

I remember as a kid getting those black licorice pipes with the red specs of candy at the end to make it look like the smoke. I always thought I was the coolest MFer walking around with that :D .

As for today, I can't buy it. If I do, I will get too much, and eat it all until I'm sick. Probably the only food I have no filter on.
VinnieVincentsVag
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by VinnieVincentsVag »

Can’t stand black licorice
I like Jäegermeister tho…
🤔
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

VinnieVincentsVag wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 6:43 pm Can’t stand black licorice
🤔
Lol same. Guess it's different to eat it than to drink it.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
Nate S Axel

Post by Nate S Axel »

Bono Nettencourt wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 6:54 pm
🤔
Same². Love it.
https://www.last.fm/user/SundownDevil
LAglamrocker wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:45 am I can’t believe people actually don’t live in So Cal/ San Diego/Vegas circle ..waste of life
Grendel
Headlining Clubs

Post by Grendel »

Black licorice is disgusting. Major FAIL of a candy.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Learn the concept of keep your mouth shut or you will remained foed.
SterileEyes1
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by SterileEyes1 »

I never thought I’d hear a human go out of their way to say “Licorice is good” but here we are.

It’s neither for me, nor am I anti, but if someone’s going out of their way to sing its praises I guess I have to respect that.
My Video Covers: https://www.youtube.com/@therealjeffstein/

"Diary Of A Madman"
"Aja"
"Atlas, Rise!"
“Sludge Factory”
"Locomotive"

My Original Music: https://jeffstein.bandcamp.com
GoodJudge

Post by GoodJudge »

Bono Nettencourt wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 6:54 pm
🤔
There's liquorice in Jaeger? I can't taste it, which is a good thing. I can eat or drink pretty much anything, except aniseed and liquorice. They are vile. That includes drinks like Pernod.
LSD69
Headlining Clubs

Post by LSD69 »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 4:21 pm Licorice might be the greatest candy every invented.

Seriously... I am in awe when someone doesn't like licorice, and if you don't like Black Licorice, you are clearly racist.

My favorite, is Black of course... and I also recently saw an amazing commercial advertising licorice.

No, not Twizzlers, not Red Vines, just licorice in general, and they have a gang of flavors.

They even have a website, which might be the greatest site since Metal Sludge launched 25 years ago.

The 12 pak for $89.00 seems high, but each container is 1/2 pound, that is 6 pounds of licorice. Damn... I think I am gonna order anyway!

$tEvil
In recent years, several studies have found that licorice may influence hormone levels, potentially leading to a decline in testosterone over time.
TeslaFan
Recording Debut Album

Post by TeslaFan »

Love Red Twizlers. Not a real big fan of black. One thing I don’t see these days is the thin stringy red licorice I used to consume as a kid. I ate miles of that stuff but I just don’t see it in stores.
Just a regular guy who likes Metal
whiteowl yesterday

Post by whiteowl yesterday »

haven't had it in a long time.
can't stand the black.
i like the red.
"artist formerly known as midnighttoker"
MattleyCrue

Post by MattleyCrue »

How that you take licorice over Reese’s 🤔
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
Hootchietoad
Headlining Clubs

Post by Hootchietoad »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 4:21 pm Licorice might be the greatest candy every invented.

$tEvil
So you sell licorice now?
Image Image
AlexVonHaig

Post by AlexVonHaig »

Of the top 100 candies, based on dollar sales, licorice is # 1028. I don't mind it but to say that its good, begs popular opinion.
FreddyFender
Headlining Clubs

Post by FreddyFender »

Black Licorice Is my favorite and the only kind I’d buy… it amazes me that most people I’ve talked to about it absolutely hate black but like the red. The red is fine, black is the best by miles!
GreatWhiteSnake
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

If you enjoy flavored wax it's awesome...
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
tooth
Recording Debut Album

Post by tooth »

No, I won't even chow Good n Plenty's.
daveg
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by daveg »

AlexVonHaig wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:01 am Of the top 100 candies, based on dollar sales, licorice is # 1028. I don't mind it but to say that its good, begs popular opinion.
No chance this is true...at least for North America where It would be in top 10 for sure

I'm guessing India...china....Russia etc have their own candy that no one in NA has heard of...and they probably use black licorice to torture their prisoners. :D :D :D
Whatever Happened To…
Headlining Clubs

Post by Whatever Happened To… »

It's Liquorice.
GoodJudge

Post by GoodJudge »

Whatever Happened To… wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:37 am It's Liquorice.
No point trying to teach Yanks how to spell properly on an American message board for a style of music where many of the original fans wouldn't be able to read if you taped their lips shut.
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

GoodJudge wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:06 am
Whatever Happened To… wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:37 am It's Liquorice.
No point trying to teach Yanks how to spell properly on an American message board for a style of music where many of the original fans wouldn't be able to read if you taped their lips shut.
Actually, I spelled it the way it is spelled on the product/website.

Buy some at https://licorice.com/

$tEvil :D
Grendel
Headlining Clubs

Post by Grendel »

PWNED.

Yeah, that British spelling is ridiculous.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Learn the concept of keep your mouth shut or you will remained foed.
TravisBicklesMohawk
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by TravisBicklesMohawk »

Yes. Love it, love it! In all flavors and colors.
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
VincesGarterbelt
Recording Debut Album

Post by VincesGarterbelt »

Good and Plenty is my all time favorite candy. Well those and the licorice snaps.
People think I am lying when I say that I love most black licorice. I like Twizzler and Red vines as well
"If you ever speak to me like that again,you'd better be wearing a cup" Eddie Van Halen
DonJuanDeMarco
Headlining Clubs

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

Believe it or not there is a tea that I like called Throat Coat. One of the ingredients is licorice root. If you like tea and licorice I would imagine you would like this.
https://www.traditionalmedicinals.com/p ... t-coat-tea

And of course FANUK (the vegetable) that looks like celery but tastes like black licorice. It has become slang for homosexual over the years so be careful how and who you ask if you're looking for some!
"You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"
Deputy Hedge

Post by Deputy Hedge »

Sponsored ad