POISON Vs: NITRO / ROUND 1 ... Rikki Rockett throws shade at Jim Gillette with Lita Ford comment.

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

MetalSludgeCEO
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

POISON Vs: NITRO / ROUND 1 ... Rikki Rockett throws shade at Jim Gillette with Lita Ford comment.

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

FIGHTING WORDS …
Did Poison drummer Rikki Rockett just Challenge Nitro’s Jim Gillette to an MMA Fight?
#rikkirockett #poison #jimgillette #nitro #mma #ufc #bellator #pride #pfl #wwe #wwf #jiujitsu #unskinnybop #freighttrain #rockettdrumworks #howiehubberman #sludge #metalsludge
https://metalsludge.tv/fighting-words-d ... mma-fight/

$tEvil
Last edited by MetalSludgeCEO on Sun Nov 12, 2023 1:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Nate S Axel
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Re: FIGHTING WORDS ... Rikki Rockett throws shade at Jim Gillette with Lita Ford comment.

Post by Nate S Axel »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:41 am I couldn't help but comment... Rockett is in the wrong here for the way he spoke out.

> https://www.facebook.com/howie.hubberma ... qDiYXhq1nl

$tEvil
Great comment. Nice to see Gillette respond to Richard Ream as well.
https://www.last.fm/user/SundownDevil
LAglamrocker wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:45 am I can’t believe people actually don’t live in So Cal/ San Diego/Vegas circle ..waste of life
Wednesday 13 Fan

Re: FIGHTING WORDS ... Rikki Rockett throws shade at Jim Gillette with Lita Ford comment.

Post by Wednesday 13 Fan »

Yeah....he should have stayed out of that one.

The first, and only clue should have been that he got full custody of the kids. In the U.S., that doesn't happen unless the mother is crazy and/or abusive.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

Wednesday 13 Fan wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:59 am Yeah....he should have stayed out of that one.

The first, and only clue should have been that he got full custody of the kids. In the U.S., that doesn't happen unless the mother is crazy and/or abusive.
And the father has a damned good lawyer.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
daveg
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by daveg »

Did I log on to 5 years ago???
Charles Bukaki

Post by Charles Bukaki »

Wow, that was a really low blow. What a fucking asshole.

If Poison were a halfway decent band, I'd be saying "YOU JUST LOST YOURSELF A CUSTOMER, PAL"

I guess when you're in Poison you don't get the opportunity to punch down very often, so enjoy it I guess.
DonJuanDeMarco
Headlining Clubs

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

daveg wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 11:38 am Did I log on to 5 years ago???
Come back in 5 years. We'll probably still be talking about it.
"You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"
VinnieVincentsVag
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by VinnieVincentsVag »

Wednesday 13 Fan wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:59 am Yeah....he should have stayed out of that one.

I got full custody of my son in 2006. He was 6 yrs old.
He called me one night crying and said he was hiding in a closet because his mom and stepdad were fighting (again) and the police were on their way.
The next day I went to the local police dept and got 12 domestic violence calls from their address.
A month later I got custody.
My ex played victim , as usual.
You should’ve seen her face (and her mothers) when my lawyer brought out the 12 documented domestic calls.
On top of that, his teacher was getting married and took individual pics of her students. They then individually put a quote on their pictures.
My sons said “don’t let your husband hit you”.
That was a shocker when he brought that out too.
So glad, I got custody at a pretty early age and he didn’t have to live with that shit any longer.
He is now 23 and lives in Salem, Oregon and is in a healthy relationship.
He has thanked myself and his stepmother many times throughout the years for us getting him away from that.
His stepmother and I have had maybe 5 arguments in 20+ yrs.
GreatWhiteSnake
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

VinnieVincentsVag wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:11 pm

You must be a wayyy better listener than I am...
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
VinnieVincentsVag

GreatWhiteSnake wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 1:47 pm
VinnieVincentsVag wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:11 pm

You must be a wayyy better listener than I am...
I think it’s more the fact that both our 1st marriages were very bad and full of arguments and in her case, physical abuse.
She’s 5’3” and her 6’2” husband used to beat the shit out of her.
My ex wife was constantly arguing with me and actually punched me square in the mouth.
Life’s too short to live like that.
Ozzy Stradlin

Post by Ozzy Stradlin »

Rik should have kept his mouth shut.
MattleyCrue

Post by MattleyCrue »

Howie Hubberman is from Rochester, NY where I live
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
VinnieVincentsVag

Ozzy Stradlin wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 3:53 pm Rik should have kept his mouth shut.
Agreed.
None of his business
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

FIGHTING WORDS …
Did Poison drummer Rikki Rockett just Challenge Nitro’s Jim Gillette to an MMA Fight?
#rikkirockett #poison #jimgillette #nitro #mma #ufc #bellator #pride #pfl #wwe #wwf #jiujitsu #unskinnybop #freighttrain #rockettdrumworks #howiehubberman #sludge #metalsludge
https://metalsludge.tv/fighting-words-d ... mma-fight/

$ludge
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

Rockett is now replying to everyone on the FB thread... including me.

But... oddly, has avoided answering or replying to Gillette. :roll:

Interesting...

$tEvil
MetalSludgeCEO

Re: POISON Vs: NITRO / ROUND 1 ... Rikki Rockett throws shade at Jim Gillette with Lita Ford comment.

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

Gillette just shot Rikki an official challenge....

----------------------

Rikki Rockett

Apparently you don’t know the first thing about Jiu Jitsu. You were nothing more than a bully when you challenged Joe Elliot to fight. Joe was untrained and it’s embarrassing that a Jiu-Jitsu practitioner would bully someone that isn’t capable of defending himself. I wonder if you will be able to find your balls when the other guy IS trained….

Find your balls Rikki. Let’s give some $ to charity. Or did your mouth write a check that your ass can’t cash?

Jim Gillette

----------------------

$ludge
Mato
Playing at a Friend's Party

Re: POISON Vs: NITRO / ROUND 1 ... Rikki Rockett throws shade at Jim Gillette with Lita Ford comment.

Post by Mato »

Let's say, Rockette accepts the challenge and gets the "never was" to tap out. Can this Nitro guy even foot the 100K?? I would say No! But ask yourself this...why is a guy in his late 50's or early 60's even issuing a challenge? Did Rockette hit a nerve of truth? If you are confident in your skills...most would just walk away. I hope Rockette does not answer this clown.
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

Mato wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:43 pm Let's say, Rockette accepts the challenge and gets the "never was" to tap out. Can this Nitro guy even foot the 100K?? I would say No! But ask yourself this...why is a guy in his late 50's or early 60's even issuing a challenge? Did Rockette hit a nerve of truth? If you are confident in your skills...most would just walk away. I hope Rockette does not answer this clown.
I will go out on a limb and confidently state, Gillette has more money, property and wealth than Rockett.

And he (Jim) is issuing the challenge, after Rockett took an unprovoked swipe at Gillette, about his kids and family.

Which is always a no-no.

$tEvil
Velvis
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Velvis »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:39 pm
Mato wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:43 pm Let's say, Rockette accepts the challenge and gets the "never was" to tap out. Can this Nitro guy even foot the 100K?? I would say No! But ask yourself this...why is a guy in his late 50's or early 60's even issuing a challenge? Did Rockette hit a nerve of truth? If you are confident in your skills...most would just walk away. I hope Rockette does not answer this clown.
I will go out on a limb and confidently state, Gillette has more money, property and wealth than Rockett.

And he (Jim) is issuing the challenge, after Rockett took an unprovoked swipe at Gillette, about his kids and family.

Which is always a no-no.

$tEvil
Why do you think he has more $ than Rikki?
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

Velvis wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:56 pm

Which is always a no-no.

$tEvil
Why do you think Rikki has more $ than Jim?

$tEvil
BDG135
Platinum Artist

Post by BDG135 »

They could always do a submission grappling match. An MMA fight would be illegal without them being licensed first.
Not everybody is on MetalShit.com and Blabberface fuckin’ dot net! Who cares? There’s such a small amount of people that do that. - Blotz
Velvis

Post by Velvis »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:08 pm

Which is always a no-no.

$tEvil

$tEvil
I don't know that he does. At face value Rikki has had a much more successful music career, so I was asking you why you think he would have less money than the Jim. I am not trying to be argumentative, just genuinely curious.
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

Velvis wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:07 pm

$tEvil
I don't know that he does. At face value Rikki has had a much more successful music career, so I was asking you why you think he would have less money than the Jim. I am not trying to be argumentative, just genuinely curious.
""""""""""""""""Rikki has had a much more successful music career,""""""""""""""""

Just for the record, having a successful music career, doesn't automatically mean anything... or does it?

Rikki Rockett has sold a LOT more records, and had a much bigger music career than Lebron James... and Tom Brady too... so, then there's that.

And just for the record, Gillette has been deeply entrenched in real estate, and land development for most of the last 25+ years.

Like our Tuff drummer, Michael Lean, who also stepped away from music in 1993, he has been very successful in other business in life, that have zero to do with music.

Just sayin'

$tEvil
Sleek
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Sleek »

I meannnnn, Poison was a 4-way split on their best selling records. That puts millions in Rikki's pocket.

I guess Gillette could have made a bundle in real estate, but what was his seed money? He was pretty much a complete fail as a musician.

Are we just assuming that Rikki never invested? He did not have a lot of the usual stuff that saps wealth like drugs, children (while young) or ex-wives.

What is the actual wealth of the bargain-basement Stevie Rachelle knock-off anyway? How much did he make per broken wine glass?
ROADHEAD wrote:I've never tasted coffee
HueyRamone wrote:I like Radio Gaga
HueyRamone wrote:QUIT FUCKING WITH MY SETLIST, ASSWIPE!

Wild Obsession
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Wild Obsession »

Rikki seems like the one guy is Poison who is the most resentful that Bert has held his career "over a barrel" for the last 20 years.........maybe he's just lashing out at Jim out of frustration?
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

We're all just going to presume that the guy who released those Vocal Power instructional tapes back in the day isn't a multi-millionaire on those alone? Okay.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
Tommy
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Tommy »

BDG135 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:39 pm They could always do a submission grappling match. An MMA fight would be illegal without them being licensed first.
Lol, holy fuck
alleyrulez
Platinum Artist

Post by alleyrulez »

Rockett asked a (misinformed) question, so what? Jim could have simply schooled Rikki and moved on, but what does he do?

challenges him to a "duel"? :lol:

unless I missed it, he (Rockett) doesn't have a reputation of being a dick, or does he? he seems like a decent enough guy. always cool to people on Facebook. appears to be doing a great job raising his kids, as I'm sure Jim did with his two grown sons.

c'mon, $tEvil, it's silly for two older guys to duke it out over something so ridiculous.

right?
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

alleyrulez wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:13 pm Rockett asked a (misinformed) question, so what? Jim could have simply schooled Rikki and moved on, but what does he do?

challenges him to a "duel"? :lol:

unless I missed it, he (Rockett) doesn't have a reputation of being a dick, or does he? he seems like a decent enough guy. always cool to people on Facebook. appears to be doing a great job raising his kids, as I'm sure Jim did with his two grown sons.

c'mon, $tEvil, it's silly for two older guys to duke it out over something so ridiculous.

right?

""""""""""""""""Rockett asked a (misinformed) question, so what?"""""""""""""""""""""""

Do you have kids? I am misinformed on them, but think I will ask and suggest negative rumors about your kids on a public forum, cool?

""""""""""""""""Jim could have simply schooled Rikki and moved on, but what does he do?""""""""""""""""""""

He did... simply replying he was the parent with sole legal custody.

Rikki then read everyone's comments, and replied to multiple people, but opted to ignore and go silent on Jim's reply and comment, defending his position as the other parent.

"""""""""""""challenges him to a "duel"? :lol:""""""""""""""""""

That came after a few days, after Rockett took shots at the other comments from others, yet continued to ignore Jim.

""""""""""""""""""""""unless I missed it, he (Rockett) doesn't have a reputation of being a dick, or does he?"""""""""""""""""""""""""""

You missed it? Meaning, when Rockett threatened to beat up Joe Elliott from Def Leppard, because he made fun of Poison.

""""""""""""""""""""he seems like a decent enough guy. always cool to people on Facebook. appears to be doing a great job raising his kids""""""""""""""""""""""""""""'

I would agree with this...

But... Rikki too, has an ex, it was an ugly split with her, and my guess is... if anyone went on Facebook questioning Rikki's position as a parent, he too, just might speak out and defend himself, especially if it came from another musician or known person in the industry.

""""""""""""""""""""""""as I'm sure Jim did with his two grown sons."""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Correct. He is just that!

"""""""""""""""""""""""""c'mon, $tEvil,""""""""""""""""""""""

What do I have to do with this? "C'mon, $tEvil", what does that mean?

What's that old saying, don't shoot the messenger.

"""""""""""""""""""""""""it's silly for two older guys to duke it out over something so ridiculous. right?"""""""""""""""""

Agree... I also think it's silly, and wrong, and stupid, for any other man to go talking about someone else's kids... especially if it puts that person in bad light.

Which is exactly what Rikki did. #facts

$tEvil
Velvis

Post by Velvis »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:14 pm
Velvis wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:07 pm

$tEvil
""""""""""""""""Rikki has had a much more successful music career,""""""""""""""""

Just for the record, having a successful music career, doesn't automatically mean anything... or does it?

Rikki Rockett has sold a LOT more records, and had a much bigger music career than Lebron James... and Tom Brady too... so, then there's that.

And just for the record, Gillette has been deeply entrenched in real estate, and land development for most of the last 25+ years.

Like our Tuff drummer, Michael Lean, who also stepped away from music in 1993, he has been very successful in other business in life, that have zero to do with music.

Just sayin'

$tEvil
That's all I was askin'