FIGHTING WORDS … Did Poison drummer Rikki Rockett just Challenge Nitro’s Jim Gillette to an MMA Fight?

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

MetalSludgeCEO
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

FIGHTING WORDS … Did Poison drummer Rikki Rockett just Challenge Nitro’s Jim Gillette to an MMA Fight?

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

FIGHTING WORDS …
Did Poison drummer Rikki Rockett just Challenge Nitro’s Jim Gillette to an MMA Fight?
#rikkirockett #poison #jimgillette #nitro #mma #ufc #bellator #pride #pfl #wwe #wwf #jiujitsu #unskinnybop #freighttrain #rockettdrumworks #howiehubberman #sludge #metalsludge
https://metalsludge.tv/fighting-words-d ... mma-fight/

$ludge
MetalSludgeCEO

Re: FIGHTING WORDS … Did Poison drummer Rikki Rockett just Challenge Nitro’s Jim Gillette to an MMA Fight?

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

Gillette just shot Rikki an official challenge....

----------------------

Rikki Rockett

Apparently you don’t know the first thing about Jiu Jitsu. You were nothing more than a bully when you challenged Joe Elliot to fight. Joe was untrained and it’s embarrassing that a Jiu-Jitsu practitioner would bully someone that isn’t capable of defending himself. I wonder if you will be able to find your balls when the other guy IS trained….

Find your balls Rikki. Let’s give some $ to charity. Or did your mouth write a check that your ass can’t cash?

Jim Gillette

----------------------

$ludge
Mato
Playing at a Friend's Party

Re: FIGHTING WORDS … Did Poison drummer Rikki Rockett just Challenge Nitro’s Jim Gillette to an MMA Fight?

Post by Mato »

muscles mean absolutely NOTHING!!! MY money is on Rikki!!!
To those in the back…remember this guy? The son of a field worker took down the Viking with relative ease. The fight lasted…4 minutes and 1 second….

MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

Mato wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:14 pm muscles mean absolutely NOTHING!!! MY money is on Rikki!!!
To those in the back…remember this guy? The son of a field worker took down the Viking with relative ease. The fight lasted…4 minutes and 1 second….

Muscles mean nothing?

How about Gillette's training? His 20+ years of MMA, Jiu-Jitsu, and the rest... that doesn't count?

And if you think Rikki Rockett could beat Jim Gillette in ANY discipline, you are 1000% delusional.

$tEvil
DrumminAway
Jamming in Parent's Basement

Post by DrumminAway »

I’m with Stevie on this one. I think Rikki would get his ass handed to him in about 60 seconds flat, though I’m sure he won’t take Jim up on his offer.
rockker
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by rockker »

Gillette has 100k to just give away????!!
Kiss fans are like old men at the strip club. We know we're getting bilked but give 'em our money anyway. - Danko Jones
Wednesday 13 Fan
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Wednesday 13 Fan »

What was the issue with Joe Elliot?
VinceVanLane
Playing Frat Parties

Post by VinceVanLane »

Looks like it's all been deleted, or at least I can't find it anymore. I see some mentions of it in the thread but I don't see Rikki's initial comment anymore.
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

Wednesday 13 Fan wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:08 am What was the issue with Joe Elliot?
There were several back and forth from both Rikki and Joe back in 2008.

In short, Joe made fun of Poison, said something like they were more about Fashion than Music, and Rikki lost his mind.

Then Rockett threatened to beat up Joe, challenged him to a fight, asked him how he wanted to go out, blah, blah, blah, as he threw a bunch of MMA and Jiu-Jitsu lingp at him.

Bret at some point was asked about it, and like the Pro he is, ignored the low-end stuff and simply said "I don't wanna fight Joe Elliott, I love Def Leppard."

Gillette has a good point here... as Joe isn't some bad-ass, doesn't claim to be, etc... Rockett essentially acting like a bully with his skills.

And even in his responses... that Rikki deleted... he called the others "morons" and told them to go back in their hole, etc...

He replied to me too, but wasn't as harsh, and simply said "I know Lita, not Jim, I am biased."

He ignored Gilllette altogether...

Gillette said the following...

------------------------------
Rikki Rocket,
When you publicly bullied Def Leppard's, Joe Elliot, you went against everything Brazilian Jiu Jitsu stands for. Did you not realize that as a representative of this beautiful martial art, you were giving Jiu Jitsu a bad name?
Bullying goes against everything Jiu Jitsu stands for. As a legitimate black belt, I'm disgusted that you would blacken the eye of such an amazing martial art.
Here's your chance to represent your lineage and prove to the world that you're the real deal and not just a Keyboard Warrior, pretending to be something he's not.
I'm challenging you, to an old school, no time limit (won't take more than a minute) MMA fight, bare knuckle fight, JiuJitsu match - Gi or NoGi = your choice. Winning is by knockout or submission only.
All proceeds donated to charity of winner's choice.
I'm hoping you go the MMA or bare knuckle route, since one of your cowardly and bullying threats to Joe Elliot, was to knock him out. How could you possibly think bullying Joe was the correct way for a Jiu Jitsu practitioner to behave, publicly or privately?
If you refuse to accept my challenge, everyone will know why.
The world has known you are a bully, since you publicly challenged Joe. And if you run from me, the world will also know, you are a coward.
Represent the great art of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Rikki.
Show the world that you are a legitimate black belt, and not the #FakeHollywoodBlackBelt, most believe you to be.
You will get much more respect losing to me, than running from me.
Jim Gillette
-----------------------------

Rikki deleted all of his comments and hasn't said a word since.

$tEvil
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

VinceVanLane wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:27 am Looks like it's all been deleted, or at least I can't find it anymore. I see some mentions of it in the thread but I don't see Rikki's initial comment anymore.
That's because he was getting destroyed and went back to delete it all.

It was there for 2-3 days, and not 1 person liked his comments or took his side.

Everyone said the same thing... in short..."None of your business to talk about", "Don't talk about someone else's kids" and the rest.

Rockett is being a tool here... should have never said anything and when he did, and got called on it, then turned around and tried to play victim.

$tEvil
p86

Post by p86 »

I read the original comment as Rikki saying something dumb...I didn't read it like he was challenging Gillette. The idea of Gillette challenging Rikki to an MMA fight is ridiculous. Two 60 year old guys fighting? Total nonsense. Rikki should just privately reach out to Gillette and apologize and move on. I've never thought of Rikki Rockett as a bully...
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

p86 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:21 pm I read the original comment as Rikki saying something dumb...I didn't read it like he was challenging Gillette. The idea of Gillette challenging Rikki to an MMA fight is ridiculous. Two 60 year old guys fighting? Total nonsense. Rikki should just privately reach out to Gillette and apologize and move on. I've never thought of Rikki Rockett as a bully...
Correct, Rikki did not challenge Jim.

However, he insulted him, by saying "Isn't that the guy who took Lita Ford's kids away?"

Jim replied, and informed him that he had full and sole legal custody, etc...

This whole story, about those 2 has been going on for years, with Lita spreading a lot of misinformation, accusations and more... most of it ugly towards Jim.

Also, Rikki was quick to reply to almost everyone on the thread, including me, but failed to acknowledge or reply to Jim.

That was pretty chicken shit and cowardly of him, especially since he was insulting Jim to start with, and that's the reason the whole thing escalated.

Now he's deleted and ran way. Also chicken shit and cowardly.

Rikki was in the wrong for sticking his nose in someone else's business, and even more wrong for bringing up someone's kids.

As for him being a Bully... him threatening to beat up and choke out the singer of Def Leppard, well... that isn't exactly friendly.

$tEvil
Tommy
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Tommy »

Rikki is the dipshit here, hands down.
Fat_Elvis
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Fat_Elvis »

So Jim is bullying Rikki into a fight because Rikki tried to bully Joe into a fight. Goddamn morons.
SammyLeeCherone
Recording Debut Album

Post by SammyLeeCherone »

Fat_Elvis wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:42 pm So Jim is bullying Rikki into a fight because Rikki tried to bully Joe into a fight. Goddamn morons.

...in '08.
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

There's not a single fight discipline that I know of that doesn't preach abstaining from a fight if you can help it. Rikki was being a total cunt and deserves to have his ass handed to him.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

I hate to be a tease... but... someone who is very close to the Poison camp, and still is to this day told me a little tidbit today.

So, since this thing started... I had someone message me and they said Rikki threatened to beat him up too.

And everyone on here knows who this person is... but I have agreed to keep it private, unless he decides to come out with it.

Seems Rikki has flexed his ability and skill to put others on blast, with threatening language, etc...

How lame.

$tEvil
Michael Hotts Ghost
Doing 10 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by Michael Hotts Ghost »

Shit, I bet Jim Gillette could whip Rikkis ass in a drum off...
Ozzy Stradlin

Post by Ozzy Stradlin »

Maybe Rikki should take out some of that aggression on his drums. :mrgreen:
BulletProofPoet

Post by BulletProofPoet »

rockker wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:02 am Gillette has 100k to just give away????!!
This was my first thought as well.
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:47 pm So, since this thing started... I had someone message me and they said Rikki threatened to beat him up too.

How lame.
Watch out everybody!

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
sunshinehead
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by sunshinehead »

Old Skool Sludge.