Roth accepts Sam’s invite

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

AnthonyFocxsFogMachine
Opening Act in Local Bars

Re: Roth accepts Sam’s invite

Post by AnthonyFocxsFogMachine »

Ummm, did I miss the part where Dave somehow got his voice back?

Hype, bluff calling, whatever. Dave can't sing anymore.

Good for Sammy for drumming up interest/intrigue for an otherwise meh event.
Tommy2Tone84
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Tommy2Tone84 »

Anthrax442 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:03 pm
VinceVanLane wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:19 am How hard would it have been for Sammy to respond, "great, looking forward to it. Let me know what show you're coming out to." Simple. Puts the ball back in Dave's court. Instead Sammy looks like a total asshole.
The best possible scenario here is this prompts Roth to put the EEAS band back together, and run a competing tour.

Would be funny to see Satriani on one tour and Vai on the other, right after they both toured together.

Dave tried that already by dropping it in an interview before the ink was dry. This was years ago. A few years after the Sam Made Dave Eat Shit and Smile Tour. Billy shot back at Dave in a separate interview with a Double FU, Steve Austin style. But in the nicest, most professional way possible.
Anthrax442
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Anthrax442 »

Tommy2Tone84 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 3:04 am
The best possible scenario here is this prompts Roth to put the EEAS band back together, and run a competing tour.

Would be funny to see Satriani on one tour and Vai on the other, right after they both toured together.

Dave tried that already by dropping it in an interview before the ink was dry. This was years ago. A few years after the Sam Made Dave Eat Shit and Smile Tour. Billy shot back at Dave in a separate interview with a Double FU, Steve Austin style. But in the nicest, most professional way possible.
All the EEAS guys are open to touring with Dave, and want to, including Billy. And Billy is about to have a bunch of time on his hands, with Mr. Big doing their retirement tour.
MurrayFiend wrote:Shit, deathcurse, you sure know how to make an exit.
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

I don't see the EEAS tour and coming close to what Sammy is doing. Van Hagar has a decade of hits on MTV, while EEAS had, what, 2-3 gear years? Yes, there's the hard core DLR VH era fans, however, Van Hagar has the MTV soccer moms and memorable hooks that many people grew up on. Sammy > Dave in the $$$'s. Heck, Dace couldn't even complete his Vegas thing a few years ago.
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

BernieTaupson wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:35 pm They only did the 2004 Sam thing because Dave refused to do it since Ed was fried. They went to Sammy in desperation despite still hating the guy. Al needed money quick for his divorce and they also thought a tour would stop Ed killing himself on drugs.
Yeah pretty twisted logic that the road will lead to sobriety... they got MethEd dried out for the 07 tour and he was off the wagon in a month.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
Love_Industry

Post by Love_Industry »

Bono Nettencourt wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:29 am
BernieTaupson wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:35 pm They only did the 2004 Sam thing because Dave refused to do it since Ed was fried. They went to Sammy in desperation despite still hating the guy. Al needed money quick for his divorce and they also thought a tour would stop Ed killing himself on drugs.
Yeah pretty twisted logic that the road will lead to sobriety... they got MethEd dried out for the 07 tour and he was off the wagon in a month.
Well, staying off the road and at home / in 5150 for a decade or more didn't do Ed any favors when it comes to sobriety.
DangerZone
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by DangerZone »

cowpins wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:20 am I don't see the EEAS tour and coming close to what Sammy is doing. Van Hagar has a decade of hits on MTV, while EEAS had, what, 2-3 gear years? Yes, there's the hard core DLR VH era fans, however, Van Hagar has the MTV soccer moms and memorable hooks that many people grew up on. Sammy > Dave in the $$$'s. Heck, Dace couldn't even complete his Vegas thing a few years ago.
Van Hagar has nothing that comes close to ‘jump’
El Vampiro Blanco
Headlining Clubs

Post by El Vampiro Blanco »

DangerZone wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 4:39 am
cowpins wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:20 am I don't see the EEAS tour and coming close to what Sammy is doing. Van Hagar has a decade of hits on MTV, while EEAS had, what, 2-3 gear years? Yes, there's the hard core DLR VH era fans, however, Van Hagar has the MTV soccer moms and memorable hooks that many people grew up on. Sammy > Dave in the $$$'s. Heck, Dace couldn't even complete his Vegas thing a few years ago.
Van Hagar has nothing that comes close to ‘jump’
Or Panama or Hot for Teacher or Running with the Devil or You really got me.....
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

100% agreed, nothing tops those songs. However, in my opinion, we're the smaller majority to the next generation of soccer moms and NASCAR dads of the 90's/00's who then had the Van Hagar videos and top 40 radio at the time, as well as the peeps who fall into both DLR and Hagar camps. The same NASCAR peeps of the 90's/00's who would go to a Kid Rock or Creed concert just from songs on MTV and the Top 40 at the time would go to a Sammy concert and would say, "Dave who?"
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
Anthrax442
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Anthrax442 »

cowpins wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 5:33 am 100% agreed, nothing tops those songs. However, in my opinion, we're the smaller majority to the next generation of soccer moms and NASCAR dads of the 90's/00's who then had the Van Hagar videos and top 40 radio at the time, as well as the peeps who fall into both DLR and Hagar camps. The same NASCAR peeps of the 90's/00's who would go to a Kid Rock or Creed concert just from songs on MTV and the Top 40 at the time would go to a Sammy concert and would say, "Dave who?"
Sammy is still a draw, but it's not like he's filling sheds either, let's be real. There's a reason why they're pulling this stunt in the first place.

Bigger than Roth at this point? Sure, but if they put together a decent package tour around them, they'd probably be playing the same places.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

Saying that Van Hagar has eclipsed the Roth era due to the passage of time isn't even a trolljob, it's a complete reversal of what actually happened. I could say more, but it'd be mean.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

I just saying that Sammy is doing what others have done (Kid Rock, Burt, Chesney, etc..). Created a party scene where peeps who grew up on the sing along melodies can go let their hair down for the night and enjoy a white claw or two. Has nothing to do with the actual of quality of music. That's not my point.
Wednesday 13 Fan
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Wednesday 13 Fan »

Bono Nettencourt wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 6:54 am Saying that Van Hagar has eclipsed the Roth era due to the passage of time isn't even a trolljob, it's a complete reversal of what actually happened. I could say more, but it'd be mean.
If you look at the average amount of sales for each album, the Sammy stuff isn't behind the Roth stuff by very much.
Anthrax442
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Anthrax442 »

Wednesday 13 Fan wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:38 am
Bono Nettencourt wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 6:54 am Saying that Van Hagar has eclipsed the Roth era due to the passage of time isn't even a trolljob, it's a complete reversal of what actually happened. I could say more, but it'd be mean.
If you look at the average amount of sales for each album, the Sammy stuff isn't behind the Roth stuff by very much.
It's not in any way a good metric, but I'd be curious to see what the sales are for the DLR VH Vinyl box set versus the Sammy one. I'll probably buy the Sammy one just for Balance, but I don't need the Dave one because I already have all those records.
Wednesday 13 Fan

Post by Wednesday 13 Fan »

Anthrax442 wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 9:12 am
Wednesday 13 Fan wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:38 am
It's not in any way a good metric, but I'd be curious to see what the sales are for the DLR VH Vinyl box set versus the Sammy one. I'll probably buy the Sammy one just for Balance, but I don't need the Dave one because I already have all those records.
The Roth years are looked at more favorably, so it'd probably be that one.
maninblack
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by maninblack »

What drugs was he using?
tym
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by tym »

Its odd, and yet funny how people still think or believe Hagar tours to make money, or needs the money. Hagar has really never needed the money he makes from music. He uses the music money to invest in other stuff outside of music. He even takes a chunk of what he makes and donates it to the local food banks.
I'm finding it difficult to masturbate to this. I'm trying, I just have so little to work with...
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

tym wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 10:26 am Its odd, and yet funny how people still think or believe Hagar tours to make money, or needs the money. Hagar has really never needed the money he makes from music. He uses the music money to invest in other stuff outside of music. He even takes a chunk of what he makes and donates it to the local food banks.
Literally no one said that.

Literally no one thinks that.
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

Wednesday 13 Fan wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:38 am If you look at the average amount of sales for each album, the Sammy stuff isn't behind the Roth stuff by very much.
Danzig in the Dark

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

cowpins wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:28 am I just saying that Sammy is doing what others have done (Kid Rock, Burt, Chesney, etc..). Created a party scene where peeps who grew up on the sing along melodies can go let their hair down for the night and enjoy a white claw or two. Has nothing to do with the actual of quality of music. That's not my point.
Don't tease the Rothtards.
ImageImage
Nibbler
Forming a Band

Post by Nibbler »

cowpins wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:28 am I just saying that Sammy is doing what others have done (Kid Rock, Burt, Chesney, etc..). Created a party scene where peeps who grew up on the sing along melodies can go let their hair down for the night and enjoy a white claw or two. Has nothing to do with the actual of quality of music. That's not my point.

Come on, that’s not true. Everyone goes to see Sam to hear such classics as Three Lock Box, VOA, Marching To Mars and Serious Juju!

Oh wait, he hasn’t even barely played any of his own solo stuff for fifteen years except the same half dozen stale ones.

He does actually have a handful of good songs hidden under all the cheese. He just found it easier to play to the white trash audience and wear board shorts and bring out the tequila waitress on stage and do all the lame shit. It’s just as much as act as Alice Cooper or Gene Simmons or Ozzy at this point. Or Roth, whatever weird fucking act he’s trying to do these days … act like a totally deranged gay uncle or something, I don’t get it.
AliceManson
Headlining Clubs

Post by AliceManson »

BernieTaupson wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 3:00 pm
Wednesday 13 Fan wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:38 am If you look at the average amount of sales for each album, the Sammy stuff isn't behind the Roth stuff by very much.
He looks like a villain on the 60s Batman series.
EatTheGlass wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:26 am I'd bet my house that Grohl shuts the Foos down now
Nibbler wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:33 pm Looks like Alex has shitcanned the Van Hagar remasters.
JamesHetfieldsAcneScars
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by JamesHetfieldsAcneScars »

AliceManson wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 6:39 pm
He looks like a villain on the 60s Batman series.
Yeah when I first saw that pic I was like damn he's an ugly sumbich.
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

“Showdown of the Red Rocker"

In Gotham City, anticipation builds as rock icon Sammy Hagar announces a surprise concert. However, Hagar's sloppy live collaboration with famed guitarist Joe Satriani turns disastrous as their attempt at Van Halen covers leads to a mass exodus of disappointed fans.

Frustrated and humiliated, Sammy Hagar activates a special red guitar, unleashing mind-controlling frequencies to seize the minds of the remaining audience. Batman and Robin, attending undercover as Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson, witness the chaos and retreat to the Batcave to develop a counter-frequency.

The Bat-Computer detects that only original Roth-era Van Halen music at high volume can break the Red Rocker’s mind control waves.

Armed with a Bat-sonic disruptor and a copy of Women & Children First, the Dynamic Duo crashes Hagar's next concert, engaging in a musical showdown. Batman deploys the disruptor, freeing the audience from Hagar's control.

With Gotham's youth safe, the city rediscovers its love for music. Batman and Robin attend a charity concert featuring David Lee Roth and Gary Cherone, supporting the vibrant music community and celebrating a victorious battle against the forces of musical mayhem and binge drinking of shitty tequila.

The Dynamic Duo leave the scene in the Batmobile playing “Panama”, leaving behind a Gotham City redeemed from the clutches of The Red Rocker. Batman describes him as “a mediocre talent, at best”.

NEXT WEEK : The caped crusaders battle Rudy Sarzo.
Tommy2Tone84

Post by Tommy2Tone84 »

Anthrax442 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 5:42 am
Tommy2Tone84 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 3:04 am

All the EEAS guys are open to touring with Dave, and want to, including Billy. And Billy is about to have a bunch of time on his hands, with Mr. Big doing their retirement tour.
I’ll believe when I see it. It’s not like Billy was all that busy in the late 90s. At one point he was playing clubs in Niacin.
JackieDaytona
Buying Cool Stage Clothes

Post by JackieDaytona »

He looks like fucking PC Principal from South Park.

Lover, fighter, songbird, regular human bartender, friend.
Tommy2Tone84

Post by Tommy2Tone84 »

Love_Industry wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 1:39 am
Bono Nettencourt wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:29 am
Well, staying off the road and at home / in 5150 for a decade or more didn't do Ed any favors when it comes to sobriety.

No it didn’t. Nor did getting oral cancer ever stop Ed from smoking cancer sticks and starting to take better care of himself. Ed was a very dysfunctional and self-destructive guy. Ed laughably blamed his mouth cancer on using metal guitar picks.

As sad as 04 and 07 was, atleast Ed was off his ass and out doing what he was obviously put on this earth to do.