BACK IN THE GROOVE … Ace Frehley drops new single/video for “10,000 Volts” to rave reviews

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

MetalSludgeCEO
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

BACK IN THE GROOVE … Ace Frehley drops new single/video for “10,000 Volts” to rave reviews

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

BACK IN THE GROOVE …
Ace Frehley drops new single/video for “10,000 Volts” to rave reviews
#acefrehley #10000volts #kiss #exkiss #frehleyscomet #nygroove #stevebrown #trixter #brunoravel #dangerdanger #newyorkgroove #sludge #metalsludge
https://metalsludge.tv/back-in-the-groo ... e-reviews/

$ludge
MetalSludgeCEO

Re: BACK IN THE GROOVE … Ace Frehley drops new single/video for “10,000 Volts” to rave reviews

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

This song RULES!

Love it...

Who is with me?

$tEvil
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Re: BACK IN THE GROOVE … Ace Frehley drops new single/video for “10,000 Volts” to rave reviews

Post by Mister Freeze »

The song is really growing on me.

Something like this would've been a great single for Psycho Circus. I could see it being a legit hit on rock radio in that era.
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
Anthrax442
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Anthrax442 »

Just imagine how good it could have been had Ace not tried to croak his way through it, and he had an actual singer.
MurrayFiend wrote:Shit, deathcurse, you sure know how to make an exit.
gtshark1
Headlining Clubs

Post by gtshark1 »

I'm with you CEO.
Wild Obsession
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Wild Obsession »

Best song/single he has released since "Into The Void".
DemonFilth2001
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

Actually…damn good!
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
roxxxtar
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by roxxxtar »

Song is good, but vocals suck ass, but its Ace, so nothing new.
Zinny
Headlining Clubs

Post by Zinny »

It makes Paul look like an imbecile!
LSD69
Headlining Clubs

Post by LSD69 »

Good song.....bad wig.
nuno_cherone
Playing Frat Parties

Post by nuno_cherone »

Wild Obsession wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:31 pm Best song/single he has released since "Into The Void".
This.
"Nothing's perfect except God and a California sunset."
DonJuanDeMarco
Headlining Clubs

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

Every Ace song sounds the same to me! It's mostly his voice I think.

The song is nothing special to me. Bruno Ravel from Danger Danger and Steve Brown from Trixter are behind this. The later D2 and Trixter stuff as well as the Defiants are all pretty damn good song and production wise. I like all of that stuff more than this Ace song .
"You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"
TravisBicklesMohawk
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by TravisBicklesMohawk »

DonJuanDeMarco wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:49 am Every Ace song sounds the same to me! It's mostly his voice I think.

The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

It's just a generic rock song. Just because the dude usually sucks and suddenly releases something barely passable doesn't mean you should all fall all over yourselves over it. Jesus.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

Don't listen to Mojo. He's dancing in the yacht club with Muff and Uncle Biff.
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
DangerZone
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by DangerZone »

Mister Freeze wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:13 pm Don't listen to Mojo. He's dancing in the yacht club with Muff and Uncle Biff.
no shit. From the guy who likes new Aerosmith
DangerZone
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by DangerZone »

main thing I noticed about the new song is the solo is way more focused
DemonFilth2001

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

DangerZone wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:38 pm main thing I noticed about the new song is the solo is way more focused
Yeah. His rhythm player is pretty good on lead too…apparently.
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
BernieTaupson
Headlining Clubs

Post by BernieTaupson »

Mojo wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:42 am It's just a generic rock song. Just because the dude usually sucks and suddenly releases something barely passable doesn't mean you should all fall all over yourselves over it. Jesus.
That.
JinglesTheChristmasMouse
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by JinglesTheChristmasMouse »

Average.
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

Mister Freeze wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:13 pm Don't listen to Mojo. He's dancing in the yacht club with Muff and Uncle Biff.
:D
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
Dyslexicheart
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Dyslexicheart »

It's alright, about as good as Ace gets these days. I've always cheered Ace on as he was my fave back in the day and they never sounded as good once he left IMO. I'll give the album a listen mainly out of curiousity
maninblack
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by maninblack »

Thats a great song.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

It's okay. Probably the best you can expect from Ace these days.

I preferred the title track from Space Invader and most of Anomoly more than this track.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
Domino
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by Domino »

spot on Ace. Best single from the spaceman since long time!
that bitch bends over and i forget my name
parasite74
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by parasite74 »

Excellent song and video!!!
TooOldToCare
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by TooOldToCare »

I dig the slo-mo windmill move. And the slo-mo is in actual speed; not a video effect.
JackieDaytona
Buying Cool Stage Clothes

Post by JackieDaytona »

It seems the bar for rave reviews has been set pretty low.

Unless you mean "rave reviews" from a few people on an 80s message board and some YouTube comments from 60 year old men.
Lover, fighter, songbird, regular human bartender, friend.
GreatWhiteSnake
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

Finally heard the entire track. Guitar solo is exactly what you'd get if you asked AI to compose an AF solo. Maybe they did??
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
BernieTaupson
Headlining Clubs

Post by BernieTaupson »

GreatWhiteSnake wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:16 pm Finally heard the entire track. Guitar solo is exactly what you'd get if you asked AI to compose an AF solo. Maybe they did??
Ace’s brain has been artificial intelligence since about 1999.