Why you are 100% wrong about THE KISS DIGITAL ERA

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Roland Rockover
Wannabe Rocker

Why you are 100% wrong about THE KISS DIGITAL ERA

Post by Roland Rockover »

In the vast and ever-evolving symphony of musical exploration, a truly revolutionary and captivating notion beckons – the enigmatic rock legends, KISS, poised at the threshold of a paradigm shift, contemplating a transcendent leap into the realm of digital avatars for their live performances. Imagine, if you will, the metamorphosis of their iconic makeup, the theatrical stage presence, and the explosive pyrotechnics into ethereal digital entities, where pixels and bytes become the medium for an electrifying and visually stunning sonic spectacle. The contemporary zeitgeist, marked by the confluence of technological prowess and artistic innovation, presents an unparalleled moment for KISS to transcend the confines of their mortal forms and embark on a pioneering odyssey within the uncharted territories of the virtual performance landscape.

As we embark on this whimsical odyssey of imagination, envisage Gene Simmons' mythical tongue as a virtual marvel, a dynamic presence that defies the laws of physics, thriving in the boundless expanse of the digital domain. Picture Paul Stanley's Star Child persona pulsating with luminescent energy, intricately synchronized with the rhythmic beats of a myriad of virtual drums. The digital avatars, unshackled from the relentless march of time, would revel in the liberty to traverse the limitless realms of imagination with an unparalleled agility, transcending the physical constraints of the mortal stage.

Now, why entertain such an ostensibly illogical venture, one might ponder? Allow me to unfurl the myriad possibilities that unfold in the wake of this fantastical transition. Freed from the limitations of physical reality, the digital incarnation of KISS could transcend geographical boundaries, performing in otherworldly landscapes that seamlessly shift from pixelated mountains to neon-lit cyberpunk cityscapes. The concert experience, therefore, transforms into a multisensory symphony, an intricate interplay of the analog and the digital, the tangible and the intangible, creating an immersive audio-visual odyssey that transcends the conventional concert paradigm.

Moreover, the advent of technology beckons forth the democratization of access. Envision fans from every corner of the globe, irrespective of geographical location or financial constraints, virtually attending these ethereal performances. The virtual arenas would swell with avatars representing diverse cultures, united by the universal language of rock. In essence, a global KISS army, liberated from the constraints of physical attendance, could collectively revel in the transcendent sonic majesty of the digital age, forging a connection that spans continents and resonates across the cultural tapestry of humanity.

While skeptics may scoff at this proposition as a mere flight of fancy, let us delve into the trajectory of technology – the ascent of virtual reality, the convergence of artificial intelligence with entertainment. The digital avatars of KISS could become trailblazers, pioneers navigating through uncharted territory where the boundaries between reality and fiction blur into a seamless fusion, akin to the wisps of a spectral fog.

In this digital dreamscape, KISS would not fade into obscurity in the way that long forgotten bands like Tuff and indeed Metal Sludge itself as an entity has. Rather, like phoenixes rising from the ashes, they would embrace the zeitgeist of the 21st century. The allure of nostalgia would intertwine harmoniously with the novelty of the digital frontier, creating a symbiotic fusion that transcends generations and resonates with both the seasoned aficionados and the emerging enthusiasts of rock music.

So, as we stand at the crossroads of reality and imagination, let us wholeheartedly entertain the notion that the time is ripe for KISS to cast off the shackles of the mortal coil and embrace their digital avatars. In doing so, they would not merely adapt to the times; they would redefine them, etching an indelible mark on the annals of musical history. The future is digital, and the moment for KISS to embark on this surreal journey, challenging the boundaries of art and technology, is now, beckoning them to be the avant-garde trailblazers of a new era in music.

My KISS Odyssey: A Tale of Italian Fandom
COMING 2024
schlonginski
Opening for Slaughter

Re: Why you are 100% wrong about THE KISS DIGITAL ERA

Post by schlonginski »

Hi Gene, welcome to the board!
Dyslexicheart
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Dyslexicheart »

Epic fail.
GoodJudge
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by GoodJudge »

Dyslexicheart wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:35 am Epic fail.
Epically high, more like.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

Epically long, too. Did not read.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
LeeRatbag
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by LeeRatbag »

That's more waffle than I can be bothered with on a Sunday. Could you try and express yourself without all the layers of bullshit? Is this just a desperate attempt to justify paying these fucknuckles stupid amounts of money to watch a projection and listen to a recording? They can fuck right off with that shit.
THE KINGCROWS - Bad Time For The GoodTime Generation
New album coming soon!
www.thekingcrows.com
Spongie
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Spongie »

Too many adjectives.
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by HueyRamone »

I assumed that this was chat GPT script posted for the lulz, but this doofus wrote a similar diatribe on how KISSFAQ members are not intelligent enough to discuss the socio-cultural aspects of kiss In similar faux-intellectual language on a competing website
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
Danzig in the Dark
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

HueyRamone wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 7:05 am I assumed that this was chat GPT script posted for the lulz, but this doofus wrote a similar diatribe on how KISSFAQ members are not intelligent enough to discuss the socio-cultural aspects of kiss In similar faux-intellectual language on a competing website
It's possible to use ChatGTP more than once.
ImageImage
maninblack
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by maninblack »

Theres only so much slimming an all black costume can do. Portly bassists need to know that there is a limit to the slimming capabilities of an all-black stage wardrobe.
Wednesday 13 Fan

Post by Wednesday 13 Fan »

There's no way a Kiss-tard wrote that.
Tommy2Tone84

Post by Tommy2Tone84 »

Sigh…I should’ve been a Rush dork growing up.
VinnieVincentsVag
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by VinnieVincentsVag »

Kiss should’ve called it quits in the early 80s
Black Stuff
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Black Stuff »

Bono Nettencourt wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:30 am Epically long, too. Did not read.
same
The power of Sludge compels you.
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

Danzig in the Dark wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 7:18 am
HueyRamone wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 7:05 am I assumed that this was chat GPT script posted for the lulz, but this doofus wrote a similar diatribe on how KISSFAQ members are not intelligent enough to discuss the socio-cultural aspects of kiss In similar faux-intellectual language on a competing website
I think he meant it.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

VinnieVincentsVag wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:08 am Kiss should’ve called it quits in the early 80s
Yes. Once Gene went off to try his hand at acting they shouldve folded up the tent. They needed to reintroduce the makeup just to dig out of the financial hole they were in from all the failed albums and tours.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
maninblack
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by maninblack »

Bassists should realise that black glittery leotards and black waistcoats can only do so much when it comes to masking the fat belly of a body whose only physical exercise is carrying an axe shaped bass and boots with a skull on on them.
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

They have no special abilities and aren't up to any challenges.
They're mediocre musicians at best.
They farmed fields that were already plowed.
Face it, kids.....it's all over except for reruns and cartoons.

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
Danzig in the Dark

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

HueyRamone wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:13 am
I think he meant it.
I'm sure he did, but that doesn't mean he wrote it himself.
ImageImage
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

Danzig in the Dark wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 5:13 pm
HueyRamone wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:13 am

I think he meant it.
I'm sure he did, but that doesn't mean he wrote it himself.
You're prolly right.

Here's my GPT essay about it.

The KISS digital era is a bold and innovative move by the legendary rock band to extend their legacy and reach new audiences in the 21st century. Contrary to what some critics may claim, this is not a betrayal of their fans or a sign of their decline, but rather a creative and visionary way of adapting to the changing times and technologies. In this essay, I will argue that the KISS digital era is a positive and exciting development that will benefit both the band and their loyal followers.

First of all, the KISS digital era is a logical and natural progression of the band's history and identity. KISS has always been known for their theatrical and spectacular live shows, featuring elaborate costumes, makeup, pyrotechnics, and stage props. They have also experimented with different genres and styles throughout their career, from disco to metal to grunge. The band has never been afraid to reinvent themselves and try new things, and the digital era is just another example of that. By creating digital avatars of themselves, KISS is not abandoning their original personas, but rather enhancing and immortalizing them. They are also staying true to their motto of "the hottest band in the world", as they will be able to perform in any venue, any time, and any place, without any physical limitations or constraints.

Secondly, the KISS digital era is a smart and strategic move by the band to expand their fanbase and generate more revenue. KISS is already one of the most successful and influential bands of all time, with over 100 million albums sold worldwide and countless awards and honors. However, they are also aware of the challenges and opportunities that the digital age presents. By creating digital avatars of themselves, KISS is tapping into the huge and growing market of virtual entertainment, which includes video games, streaming platforms, social media, and augmented reality. They are also appealing to younger and more diverse audiences, who may not be familiar with their music or legacy, but who are interested in the novelty and interactivity of the digital era. KISS is also creating new sources of income, as they will be able to license their digital avatars to various partners and platforms, and sell exclusive merchandise and content to their fans.

Thirdly, the KISS digital era is a generous and respectful gesture by the band to their loyal and devoted fans, who have supported them for over five decades. KISS has always had a special relationship with their fans, whom they call the KISS Army, and who are known for their passion and dedication. KISS has always appreciated and rewarded their fans, by giving them memorable and interactive live shows, by involving them in their creative decisions, and by creating a sense of community and belonging among them. By creating digital avatars of themselves, KISS is not abandoning or replacing their fans, but rather giving them a gift and a tribute. They are giving them the opportunity to enjoy their music and performances in new and exciting ways, and to be part of their digital legacy and future. They are also honoring their fans' wishes and expectations, as they have repeatedly expressed their desire to see KISS continue on as a band, even after their retirement from touring.

In conclusion, the KISS digital era is a brilliant and admirable initiative by the legendary rock band to extend their legacy and reach new audiences in the 21st century. It is not a betrayal of their fans or a sign of their decline, but rather a creative and visionary way of adapting to the changing times and technologies. The KISS digital era is a positive and exciting development that will benefit both the band and their loyal followers, as it will enhance and immortalize their personas, expand their fanbase and generate more revenue, and give them a gift and a tribute. Therefore, you are 100% wrong about the KISS digital era, and you should embrace and celebrate it, as it is the ultimate expression of the band's motto: "You wanted the best, you got the best!"
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

https://blabbermouth.net/news/tommy-tha ... stic-night

Thayer went on to say that he got "emotional" at the end of the night. "I saw a lot of people out there with tears in their eyes," he said. "Gosh, Sebastian Bach [former SKID ROW singer], I saw him about ten rows out [in the audience]. He was bawling his eyes out.

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

Turner Coates wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:15 pm https://blabbermouth.net/news/tommy-tha ... stic-night

Thayer went on to say that he got "emotional" at the end of the night. "I saw a lot of people out there with tears in their eyes," he said. "Gosh, Sebastian Bach [former SKID ROW singer], I saw him about ten rows out [in the audience]. He was bawling his eyes out.
Special needs people can get very emotional over silly things.
AJL
Signed One Album Deal on Indy Label

Post by AJL »

Roland Rockover wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:45 am The future is digital, and the moment for KISS to embark on this surreal journey, challenging the boundaries of art and technology, is now, beckoning them to be the avant-garde trailblazers of a new era in music.
The future is digital?! Wow thats a ballsy prediction!
And do you really believe that "avant-garde trailblazers of a new era in music" is to use avatars like ABBA has already done, to play Deuce for the 100.000.000th time?
AJL
Signed One Album Deal on Indy Label

Post by AJL »

Roland Rockover wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:45 am The future is digital, and the moment for KISS to embark on this surreal journey, challenging the boundaries of art and technology, is now, beckoning them to be the avant-garde trailblazers of a new era in music.
The future is digital?! Wow thats a ballsy prediction!
And do you really believe that "avant-garde trailblazers of a new era in music" is to use avatars like ABBA has already done, to play Deuce for the 100.000.000th time?
Grand Classic
Wannabe Rocker

Post by Grand Classic »

As long as there are fans like this guy around PISS will continue to get away with SHIT!
Grendel
Headlining Clubs

Post by Grendel »

Grand Classic wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:44 am As long as there are fans like this guy around PISS will continue to get away with SHIT!
you are an imposter!
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Learn the concept of keep your mouth shut or you will remained foed.
GreatWhiteSnake
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

AI = word salad...
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

You wanted the PISS you got the SHIT, that’s a good one. They should use that.
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

BernieTaupson wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:54 pm You wanted the PISS you got the SHIT, that’s a good one. They should use that.
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Someone needs to ChatGPT a song combining the worst of KISS' 80's lyrics about street hustlers, logs in fireplaces, putting the X in sex, etc. into one song. And then have the new avatars sing it.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for