Summer stadium tour thoughts

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

thunderdan
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Summer stadium tour thoughts

Post by thunderdan »

little underwhelming but for me no Crue or Poison are 2 of all time favorites easy. Not into Journey but big draw. Be better just have cheap trick or heart open the whole tour. like steve miller but doesn't fit in a little too light but i guess journey fans may like.
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Re: Summer stadium tour thoughts

Post by cowpins »

My thoughts are that by adding Journey there's a totally different audience who will go to this that would call Crue or Poison, "gross". What would your ideal "Stadium Tour" be?
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
thunderdan

Post by thunderdan »

i'm more of a motley guy. assuming it's def leppard and poison is out of contention, maybe alice cooper and heart
thunderdan

Post by thunderdan »

add in cheap trick as always on these tours to open it lol
Velvis
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Velvis »

I'd like to see a Poison headline shed tour with LA Guns, and Cinderella opening.

Stadiums suck and I was never a big DL or Journey fan and certainly not big enough to see either of them live.
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

I think it's a relatively smart move. Instead of trying to repeat the Stadium Tour with whoever's left in hair metal, Def Leppard are shifting direction and doing something for a similar, but different classic rock audience.

And you can really only do three acts (and maybe a no-name opener while people file in) for this kind of thing. Old people don't want to spend all day at a stadium.

I agree the time is right for Poison to resurrect the hair metal mega-bill for the sheds next summer, but Bret is gonna Bret.
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

Courtney Love announcing the real stadium tour Dec 31
Alice In Chains-Soundgarden-Linkin Park- Marvelous 3

😭 Def Leppard doing Hysteria tour again in stadiums 😭 2024 😭
Not every show needs to be Bulletboys acoustic show fun
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
Darkmist
Headlining Clubs

Post by Darkmist »

Treat and 220 Volt could do atleast 50000 seaters summer 2024
pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by pieceofme »

I've seen 4 out of the 5 bands before. No need to see them again.

I can understand the package though. Mister Freeze summed it up well.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
Venus Flytrap

Post by Venus Flytrap »

Would be better in an arena. Stadiums suck. I love Lep but passed on last year's stadium tour and will pass again. I'm not shelling out $$ for the sametired setlist over and over. Also, Ithink they should have got someone else who fits better than Steve Miller. Like Bryan adams.
DonJuanDeMarco
Headlining Clubs

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

cowpins wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:35 am My thoughts are that by adding Journey there's a totally different audience who will go to this that would call Crue or Poison, "gross".
Agreed. Def Leppard have the most cross over success of the 3 bands so this was probably a smart move on their part choosing to tour with Journey.

I'm surprised the are doing stadiums to be honest. They have toured together before and it was always arena shows.

Personally, I hope this stadium trend ends though. The shows are super expensive and a pain to get in and out of plus even if you have "floor seats" you're in a 100 yard football stadium so you could me a mile away from the stage.
"You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

I'm one of the biggest and staunchest JRNY fans on here but this tour has very little appeal. 3rd time together in 18 years. 3rd time DL have been in the same stadiums in 3 summers. 4th time in 5 years if you want to go back to the last DL/JRNY tour. Decent slate of openers but the reality is they are going to be playing at around 4 or 5 in the blazing hot summer sun and heat as the earliest folks arrive. 90% of the crowd will be either getting their tickets scanned at the gates or somewhere getting their buzz on before moving on to $20 MLB beers. You know damn well the two headliners are going to play the exact same sets they did last time. Hard pass. Surely this can't be an annual thing forever going forward? It was a neat novelty once. It was stretching it doing it again. Now it's just tired and lazy and may as well just be in sheds or arenas.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Def Leppard-Journey soldout Petco Park 40000
Crue Leppard Poison soldout Petco
3rd time will be the “failure” :lol:

2024 “only” 50000 or more at Sofi Stadium :lol:
Def Hairmetal Leppard can’t play stadiums in 2024 :lol:
Def Leppard is now the go to band for stadium tours for next couple decades…they have taken Rolling Stones torch
Hysteria won!!!! Ha ha ha
We just need John Corabi wife to get Joe hair salon appointment before the tour
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

DonJuanDeMarco wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:46 am
cowpins wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:35 am My thoughts are that by adding Journey there's a totally different audience who will go to this that would call Crue or Poison, "gross".
Agreed. Def Leppard have the most cross over success of the 3 bands so this was probably a smart move on their part choosing to tour with Journey.

I'm surprised the are doing stadiums to be honest. They have toured together before and it was always arena shows.

Personally, I hope this stadium trend ends though. The shows are super expensive and a pain to get in and out of plus even if you have "floor seats" you're in a 100 yard football stadium so you could me a mile away from the stage.
Conversely, you pay an arm and a leg for a seat above homeplate or one of the dugouts and you've got what seems like an empty sea in front of before there even any seats. Terrible set ups in those MLB stadiums. Football only is a tad more conducive in terms of unobstructed views and whatnot but generally adds greater distance between the stage and the fan. Just a pain in the ass all around.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

cowpins wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:35 am What would your ideal "Stadium Tour" be?
D:A:D
Monster Magnet
Backyard Babies
KKs Priest
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?