+LIVE+ | THE REUNION CONCERT

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

ParaDime77
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

+LIVE+ | THE REUNION CONCERT

Post by ParaDime77 »

https://youtu.be/9gIBXq93hjA?si=iM5NUdfZbK0crBWJ

Such a great band from the mid 90s genre. Killer drummer and the songwriting was always next level. A shame the band reunited and then fell apart after Ed Kowlczyk came back into the fold. The dude has such a huge voice and a polarizing presents. Life is a band that could be ready to get in completely on the mid-level tour circuit, however the financial issues within the group have caused another fracture.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Re: +LIVE+ | THE REUNION CONCERT

Post by Mister Freeze »

1. Why two drummers? Weird.

2. Why is Live now +Live+? Feels like a legal thing.

3. Who don't these guys sort out their issues and just cash in on the touring circuit. Seams easy enough.

4. I can't stand concert videos that insist on showing the audience singing along.
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
MotleyKaos
Headlining Clubs

Post by MotleyKaos »

It doesn't seem like that long ago when someone on here was posting about Live and referred to an article about their issues. IIRC, one or two members in the band, not Ed (or maybe also Ed), were involved in some questionable investments. The article also talked about how toxic their relationships had become.

...and now we see yet another reunion show.

For as faceless as this band is, I don't see how having most or all of the members, including the classic lead singer, makes any significant difference in any profit they could be making from performing shows or even making a new album. One of these guys could go out with a group of nobodies as LIVE and pretty much make the same amount of money.

Of course, lawsuits from other classic members of the band would swiftly follow the first announcement of such a tour, and I believe I recall reading that has happened at least once before in recent years when Ed tried to do this. Well...I guess that's the problem then. If any of them are going to do it and not have to go to court, it has to be all of them.

It's like the 90s version of Ratt, in that regard.
NeonKnite
Your Cock, My Mouth

Post by NeonKnite »

daveg
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by daveg »

Don't know about any of the legal issues...or much about the band in general...but Throwing Copper is basically a greatest hits album. Better than anything from any of those 90's alt rock/grunge bands.. Matchbox 20, Bush, Gin Blossoms, Fuel, Silverchair etc
Deege
Headlining Clubs

Post by Deege »

Is this video from 2017 ? I don't know what any of the other band members look like but the singer, but I know the singer is the only member left still in the band. So is this from 2017 when the original band reunited? They are doing "I Am The Highway" as a tribute to Cornell so I assume it's from then. I saw them headline Rock On The Range the night that Soundgarden was supposed to play (it would have been the next show, with Soundgarden headlining, had Cornell not died).
http://www.FuzzRecordingStudio.com
Affordable Multitrack Recording (Ohio)
http://www.SDMFworldwide.com
The Official Black Label Society Fan-Site
DangerZone
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by DangerZone »

daveg wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:44 am Don't know about any of the legal issues...or much about the band in general...but Throwing Copper is basically a greatest hits album. Better than anything from any of those 90's alt rock/grunge bands.. Matchbox 20, Bush, Gin Blossoms, Fuel, Silverchair etc
this is false
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

Deege wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:08 pm Is this video from 2017 ? I don't know what any of the other band members look like but the singer, but I know the singer is the only member left still in the band. So is this from 2017 when the original band reunited? They are doing "I Am The Highway" as a tribute to Cornell so I assume it's from then. I saw them headline Rock On The Range the night that Soundgarden was supposed to play (it would have been the next show, with Soundgarden headlining, had Cornell not died).
It is from ‘17.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
DemonFilth2001

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

daveg wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:44 am Don't know about any of the legal issues...or much about the band in general...but Throwing Copper is basically a greatest hits album. Better than anything from any of those 90's alt rock/grunge bands.. Matchbox 20, Bush, Gin Blossoms, Fuel, Silverchair etc
This is correct. Outside of stuff released by Collective Soul, it’s one of the best of the genre.
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
VinnieVincentsVag
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by VinnieVincentsVag »

Love that album.
A few notes….
Why does this come across as Ed, singer dude, throwing the original band guys a bone?
2 drummers, 3 guitar players?
This screams weirdness
FreddyFender
Headlining Clubs

Post by FreddyFender »

VinnieVincentsVag wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:41 pm Love that album.
A few notes….
Why does this come across as Ed, singer dude, throwing the original band guys a bone?
2 drummers, 3 guitar players?
This screams weirdness
It's all part of the process, baby.

-Band fires replacement singer and brings back original lead singer in the name of a cash-grab
-Lead singer starts diluting the lineup with new/additional musicians
-Lead singer makes a power grab, gets the band to fire the original guitarist
-Lead singer gains control of brand, fires rest of original members, promotes scabs.

I remember reading about how badly the other 3 treated the replacement guy, so I was glad to see them all get fucked over by the lead singer. It's an awesome tale.