Geddy Lee new autobiography

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Geddy Lee new autobiography

Post by eddie lee roth »

It’s called My Effin’ Life and what I’ve read so far I would recommend it. Up to them finishing the recording of Hemispheres right now.

Even the obligatory how I grew up is not a bore. And the chapter where he describes his older relatives and the Holocaust will make you go DAMN.

And there’s some KISS stories too so someone can have another reason for even more KISS threads.
MetalSludgeCEO
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: Geddy Lee new autobiography

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

I can't wait to NOT read a single word of this...

Can you imagine the boring pages of "And then we wrote Xanadu" :roll:

$tEvil
HottKarl777
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by HottKarl777 »

Geddy Lee is not only my all time favorite bass player but my all time favorite Jew.
HottKarl777
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by HottKarl777 »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 3:54 pm I can't wait to NOT read a single word of this...

Can you imagine the boring pages of "And then we wrote Xanadu" :roll:

$tEvil

I guess somebody doesn't want to dine on honey dew and drink the milk of paradise.
ijwthstd
Platinum Artist

Post by ijwthstd »

I have been telling myself I am going to sit down and read it for the last week now.
"I went and saw Chickenfoot twice. I've suffered for being Sammy's friend" - Bob Forrest
Traxan
Headlining Clubs

Post by Traxan »

The revelation that he had a raging coke habit in the 70s was pretty surprising.

I was also surprised to see how mad he was and Neil for not wanting to continue the final tour. But eventually he understood. He dispenses with Neil's death pretty quickly though. I think he dedicated maybe three pages to it..
sirthx2
Doing 10 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by sirthx2 »

Traxan wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:51 pm The revelation that he had a raging coke habit in the 70s was pretty surprising.

I was also surprised to see how mad he was and Neil for not wanting to continue the final tour. But eventually he understood. He dispenses with Neil's death pretty quickly though. I think he dedicated maybe three pages to it..
And then what happens????
"Most rock journalism is people who can't write, interviewing people who can't talk, for people who can't read." - Frank Zappa

"If you don't like The Darkness, you suck at music listening." - Michelish circa 2021
exitflagger
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by exitflagger »

Traxan wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:51 pm He dispenses with Neil's death pretty quickly though. I think he dedicated maybe three pages to it..
He will address it further in his next book to be titled "Neil's Effin' Life".
ImageImage
Drunk Mazeraturd wrote: ...but hes going to run and hes going to win.
maninblack
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by maninblack »

I have listened to Rush since the late seventies, Seen them live etc. One of my favourite bands. I have a few of Neils booksd. I used to avidly follow neils blog. When saw Geddys book was titled my effin life. with the swear word in it, I was shocked. That seems in contrast to Rush`s usual high standards. I am in two minds whether to buy it because I dont like the title of it. It seems like he is moaning.
Neil Diamond Dave
Blowing Advance from Record Label

Post by Neil Diamond Dave »

I kinda like Geddy's new show on Hulu, Are Bass Players Human Too? It's sort of like an Anthony Bordain show where instead of visiting chefs, he's visiting bass players. Not sure why he would want to visit Hole's bass player, especially after she says she hasn't picked up a bass in 'decades'. Maybe they had to fill the gender quota on the show.
Traxan
Headlining Clubs

Post by Traxan »

Neil Diamond Dave wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:36 am Not sure why he would want to visit Hole's bass player, especially after she says she hasn't picked up a bass in 'decades'. Maybe they had to fill the gender quota on the show.
Especially given how many female bassists there are.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

Traxan wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:03 pm
Neil Diamond Dave wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:36 am Not sure why he would want to visit Hole's bass player, especially after she says she hasn't picked up a bass in 'decades'. Maybe they had to fill the gender quota on the show.
She's Canadian. They've probably got a low budget.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
Gibsonite
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Gibsonite »

Bono Nettencourt wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 1:25 am
Traxan wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:03 pm
She's Canadian. They've probably got a low budget.
She was the guest interviewer at one of his book tour dates recently, so she's probably a friend of his
Demon Kogure
Passing Out Band Flyers

Post by Demon Kogure »

Book is great. TV show is not so great.
tym
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by tym »

20 bucks for a fucking ebook? The audio book is 17.00. Who in the fuck came up with that pricing. And authors wonder why people steal there work and share it.

Amazon is stupid about how they handle ebook stuff. You can only read Amazon ebooks, on Amazon software. Yea, they swore that they changed things and removing drm from there ebooks was no longer possible.

Fun Fact, My Fing life was out in the wild 2 or 3 days after its release. Most people will pay a fair price for an ebook. 15 bucks tops, and it better be from someone who has the track record of releasing great stuff.

People remove the DRM so you can read the ebook with what ever software you want. I use software that will read it out loud, has auto scrolling and you can set the Fonts and Back ground to what ever color you want. Makes it easier to read. So in short Fuck you publishers. Fuck you who set a stupid price.
I'm finding it difficult to masturbate to this. I'm trying, I just have so little to work with...
Ryan81
Headlining Clubs

Post by Ryan81 »

I'd love to know how they wrote Xanadu. That is one of the greatest songs EVER.

Also, I have watched a lot of Geddy's interviews from the last 20 years and was surprised how much he said the word "fuck." It kind of caught me off-guard.

"We'd like to do some music from our newest album Presto for you fuckers. This is the SuperConductor! Let's see some tits Toronto. Fuck Yeah!"
Dyslexicheart
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Dyslexicheart »

maninblack wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:04 am I have listened to Rush since the late seventies, Seen them live etc. One of my favourite bands. I have a few of Neils booksd. I used to avidly follow neils blog. When saw Geddys book was titled my effin life. with the swear word in it, I was shocked. That seems in contrast to Rush`s usual high standards. I am in two minds whether to buy it because I dont like the title of it. It seems like he is moaning.
You're offended by "effin'"? Hahaha, are you kidding me? Maybe this dangerous rock and roll thing isn't for you.
Ziggy Sawdust
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Ziggy Sawdust »

I thought about going to to his show but it just seems boring, if he’s actually singing and performing with Alex I’d be there for sure. Enough of these book signings and messing around, play some music, last album was 2012. He’s getting no younger, we’re getting no younger.
Hell'sHungryChild wrote:
I have no desire to pay $150 to see an ant sized Ac/Dc and drink $12 beer cups.
maninblack
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by maninblack »

Dyslexicheart wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 4:46 pm
maninblack wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:04 am I have listened to Rush since the late seventies, Seen them live etc. One of my favourite bands. I have a few of Neils booksd. I used to avidly follow neils blog. When saw Geddys book was titled my effin life. with the swear word in it, I was shocked. That seems in contrast to Rush`s usual high standards. I am in two minds whether to buy it because I dont like the title of it. It seems like he is moaning.
You're offended by "effin'"? Hahaha, are you kidding me? Maybe this dangerous rock and roll thing isn't for you.
Not offended by the swearing, I think that the swearing is below Rush usual standards, this isnt Ozzy Osbourne. I was very surprised that he put swearing in the title.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

Ziggy Sawdust wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:35 pm I thought about going to to his show but it just seems boring, if he’s actually singing and performing with Alex I’d be there for sure. Enough of these book signings and messing around, play some music, last album was 2012. He’s getting no younger, we’re getting no younger.
His voice is gonzo. Anyone who'd pay $100+ to hear him croak some more is an idiot. I think he's aware, hence the pivot to non-performing endeavors.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
richard cranium
Passing Out Band Flyers

Post by richard cranium »

Ryan81 wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 4:32 pm I'd love to know how they wrote Xanadu. That is one of the greatest songs EVER.

Also, I have watched a lot of Geddy's interviews from the last 20 years and was surprised how much he said the word "fuck." It kind of caught me off-guard.

"We'd like to do some music from our newest album Presto for you fuckers. This is the SuperConductor! Let's see some tits Toronto. Fuck Yeah!"
They were high as fuck and wrote songs like By-Tor and the Snowdog. Nobody remotely sober wrote about honeydews in a 10 minute song.