Motley Crue Cancels New Year's Eve Show

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

AnthonyFocxsFogMachine
Opening Act in Local Bars

Motley Crue Cancels New Year's Eve Show

Post by AnthonyFocxsFogMachine »

I wouldn't worry about it...It's not a big college town...

https://blabbermouth.net/news/motley-cr ... lm-springs
OnWithTheShow
Playing at a Friend's Party

Re: Motley Crue Cancels New Year's Eve Show

Post by OnWithTheShow »

I was looking at tickets this morning as they started to reduce the prices and were giving a bunch away for free on radio and the venue still showed about 50% available in all sections
Zabooka
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Zabooka »

Gives Vince a day early start for his weight loss resolution.
risingfarce
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by risingfarce »

thunderdan

Post by thunderdan »

i'm sure i'll get funny answers but what do you think caused the cancellation?
Zinny
Headlining Clubs

Post by Zinny »

No way they’d cancel if it was close to sold out.
Black Stuff
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Black Stuff »

thunderdan wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:44 am i'm sure i'll get funny answers but what do you think caused the cancellation?
Dead laptop
The power of Sludge compels you.
Anthrax442
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Anthrax442 »

thunderdan wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:44 am i'm sure i'll get funny answers but what do you think caused the cancellation?
They blamed it on an unnamed production/logistical issue.

“It is with deep regret we must inform you the Crüe Year’s Eve show in Palm Springs is being canceled,” reads a message on the band’s social media accounts. “The very short timeframe to produce the event resulted in issues beyond our control. We look forward to seeing you all in 2024!”
MurrayFiend wrote:Shit, deathcurse, you sure know how to make an exit.
Jason Jennifer Leigh
Headlining Clubs

Post by Jason Jennifer Leigh »

That pic is hilarious.
parasite74
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by parasite74 »

They suck so bad now.
keyofgee
Headlining Clubs

Post by keyofgee »

We need to thank them for saving that carbon foot print lol
Last edited by keyofgee on Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Turner Coates
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Turner Coates »

Anthrax442 wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 4:46 am
Maybe Nikki insisted on playing instead of faking.

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

“It is with deep regret we must inform you the Crüe Year’s Eve show in Palm Springs is being canceled,” reads a message on the band’s social media accounts. “The very short timeframe to produce the event resulted in issues beyond our control. We look forward to seeing you all in 2024!”
He didnt ask "What was Motley's face-saving PR answer to why they cancelled the show"?
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
El Vampiro Blanco
Headlining Clubs

Post by El Vampiro Blanco »

I guess there was too much snow in the roof?
ijwthstd
Platinum Artist

Post by ijwthstd »

"I went and saw Chickenfoot twice. I've suffered for being Sammy's friend" - Bob Forrest
pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by pieceofme »

ijwthstd wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:50 am Image
I assume you already got a ticket! Sorry it was cancelled.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
VinceVanLane
Playing Frat Parties

Post by VinceVanLane »

This show was 100% canceled due to ticket sales. I predict Motley is gonna run into that more (not selling tickets) because of how bad they were on the Stadium Tour. I know plenty of casual fans who went to relive their youth and thought Motley absolutely sucked. They weren't aware of how out of shape Vince is and how bad they sound. So those casuals are out. And rock fans already know how much they suck now. So all they are left with is the hardcores. Nobody needs to start a Go Fund Me for them or anything but unless they're with a solid package tour, going out on their own in arenas might be a bit rougher than they are anticipating. Motley had to play theaters before so they might be headed back there unless those new songs they have in the can set the world on fire (spoiler: they won't).
Anthrax442
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Anthrax442 »

VinceVanLane wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:48 am This show was 100% canceled due to ticket sales. I predict Motley is gonna run into that more (not selling tickets) because of how bad they were on the Stadium Tour. I know plenty of casual fans who went to relive their youth and thought Motley absolutely sucked. They weren't aware of how out of shape Vince is and how bad they sound. So those casuals are out. And rock fans already know how much they suck now. So all they are left with is the hardcores. Nobody needs to start a Go Fund Me for them or anything but unless they're with a solid package tour, going out on their own in arenas might be a bit rougher than they are anticipating. Motley had to play theaters before so they might be headed back there unless those new songs they have in the can set the world on fire (spoiler: they won't).
I wonder if that means we're getting Motley and Poison again in 2025? I don't know who else they'd tour with.

25th Anniversary of Maximum Rock (kidding)? John 5 leverages his Rob Zombie connection for a Zombie/MC Tour?
MurrayFiend wrote:Shit, deathcurse, you sure know how to make an exit.
Fat_Elvis
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Fat_Elvis »

VinceVanLane wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:48 am I predict Motley is gonna run into that more (not selling tickets) because of how bad they were on the Stadium Tour.
You can put me in this category. Seeing them on the Stadium Tour, twice, confirmed that I never need to see that shit show again.
LitaStrauss
Learning KISS Riffs

Post by LitaStrauss »

VinceVanLane wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:48 am This show was 100% canceled due to ticket sales. I predict Motley is gonna run into that more (not selling tickets) because of how bad they were on the Stadium Tour. I know plenty of casual fans who went to relive their youth and thought Motley absolutely sucked. They weren't aware of how out of shape Vince is and how bad they sound. So those casuals are out. And rock fans already know how much they suck now. So all they are left with is the hardcores. Nobody needs to start a Go Fund Me for them or anything but unless they're with a solid package tour, going out on their own in arenas might be a bit rougher than they are anticipating. Motley had to play theaters before so they might be headed back there unless those new songs they have in the can set the world on fire (spoiler: they won't).
I agree. I saw them in 2014 and 2015 for the retirement tour and I couldn't believe how bad they were. The only reason I went again in 2015 was I got a Groupon ticket for like $20 and it was the 3rd to last show at Staples Center. But after those shows, I never need to see them again, which is why I passed on the Stadium Tour. I can't imagine how many more fans they ran off during the that.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

LitaStrauss wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 12:24 pm
I agree. I saw them in 2014 and 2015 for the retirement tour and I couldn't believe how bad they were. The only reason I went again in 2015 was I got a Groupon ticket for like $20 and it was the 3rd to last show at Staples Center. But after those shows, I never need to see them again, which is why I passed on the Stadium Tour. I can't imagine how many more fans they ran off during the that.
cowpins son was one of them.

I saw them on their 2013 tour with Alice Cooper supporting and they were fine. Alice Cooper was better though. Had no reason to see them in a stadium at an inflated cost with a worse performance. Especially with Def Leppard who I am bored with as well. Such a stale setlist.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
Indy_Rob
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by Indy_Rob »

Same here. I saw them on both legs of the farewell tour and they were shot by the end. I knew they'd be even worse (if that's possible) when they came back a few years later.
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

pieceofme wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 12:49 pm
cowpins son was one of them.

I saw them on their 2013 tour with Alice Cooper supporting and they were fine. Alice Cooper was better though. Had no reason to see them in a stadium at an inflated cost with a worse performance. Especially with Def Leppard who I am bored with as well. Such a stale setlist.
Thrice confirmed. The kid went from being ALL pumped up from Poison to sitting down by the 4th Crue song. Prior to that he had the shirts, dug deep with the early stuff, etc...
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
ijwthstd
Platinum Artist

Post by ijwthstd »

There are a few other factors at play though

This is a new arena in a spot that hasn't had one before. I think Harry Styles is the only act to sell it out so far and even that you could get someone decent priced on the secondary by showtime. Might not be ready for prime time. It's a massive metro area in it's own right but Glen Helen also never really took off either.

Also New Year's Eve is a hard sell. I know it's the #1 party night but as crazy as it sounds it's also a reason a LOT of people don't go out and there are just too many options to choose from. Even if my ticket flipping days I was real careful with NYE shows because even stuff that would be in demand 360 days out of the year might stiff hard. I remember my first ever NYE show was Ozzy, Anthrax and Lita Ford to about 8000 people at Long Beach Arena. Or seeing Best Coast at their LA hottest 12/31/11 opening for Wanda Jackson at Club Nokia with about 200 people in the crowd and who knows how many of those got in for free like me.

And they are simply outliving their fan base. 100k plus fentanyl overdoses is a lot of Motley Crue fans.

But I agree they sucked on the stadium tour.

And no, I didn't have tickets! I might have gone for $20 or so if I had a ride but probably not. I don't like going out on NYE. My girlfriend wants to go see The Coverups (at $200 a ticket!) but I don't really like being out when the bullets are flying and it's one night out of the year I actually would rather be on the bus than riding in a car.
"I went and saw Chickenfoot twice. I've suffered for being Sammy's friend" - Bob Forrest
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

You think these cashed up assholes would get themselves ready for a New Year’s Eve show to play to a bunch of tapes? Do you know Vince has zero interest in doing this.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
Vince Neil Eats
Lugging equipment around in parent's car

Post by Vince Neil Eats »

I’m one of those hardcore fans and I stopped seeing them before the last two legs of the farewell tour. It wasn’t even Vince, who is terrible, who discouraged me. It was the stale setlist. The going through the motions.
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Good thing John 5 Crue didn’t sell 10,000
Safety first! How big is John 5 ego ramp
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
Ryan81
Headlining Clubs

Post by Ryan81 »

It seems like they've kind of become the band that it's popular to hate on again. The situation with Mick pissed a lot of people off because it one) made them look like real assholes in a lot of peoples' eyes for treating a lifelong member that way. Almost every fan comment about the situation I read sided with Mick. They basically forced him out and then lied about it. However, I think Mick expecting to get paid for when they tour without him is asking a bit much. Number two) and more importantly the Mick situation really brought the backing tapes issue up in a big way that it never had been before. Now there is an actual member confirming it and saying it was much more widespread than most thought. For example: none of Nikki's parts being live. They've got to be furious with Mick. Even though he isn't wrong he did a lot of damage to them.

Besides that, they once again kind of wore out their welcome. The whole reason the stadium tour happened was because of the movie. It was kind of like a one last hurrah thing and then they'd ride off into the sunset...again. it would give the people who discovered them through the movie a chance to see them as well as one last time for the older fans. Then next thing you know they're planning another tour after that. They kind of did the same thing in 2005 with the Carnival of Sins tour. Due to the popularity of the book they got the originals together one more time for a tour. Then it does well and next thing you know they do about 4 more tours. I'll tell you, they've gotten more fucking milage out of The Dirt book and movie than any album ever got them.
Wednesday 13 Fan

Post by Wednesday 13 Fan »

Vince Neil Eats wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:39 pm
I’m one of those hardcore fans and I stopped seeing them before the last two legs of the farewell tour. It wasn’t even Vince, who is terrible, who discouraged me. It was the stale setlist. The going through the motions.
Same here. The last time I saw them was the SOLA tour in 2009, and several shows during their comeback. Most were great but those days are long over. I wouldn't see them for free now.
risingfarce
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by risingfarce »

Def Leppard weren't available to headline.