My Half Assed Stephen Pearcy and Faster Pussycat Review

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Blumpkin King
Headlining Clubs

My Half Assed Stephen Pearcy and Faster Pussycat Review

Post by Blumpkin King »

Friday and Saturday night at the Whiskey. Pearcy on Friday was packed and stayed that way throughout the show. A few left early, but not too many. Only 7 shitty opening bands for Pearcy. Faster Pussycat on Saturday was about 80% full, but as the show went on it really emptied out. A overload of 8 opening bands for Faster. Luckily I walked in around 11 each night and was spared having to sit though any of the opening bands. Both bands started at 11:30. Percy played about 1 hour and 20 minutes. Faster did about 1 hour and 25 minutes. On a side note, I am dealing with a broken shoulder and Elbow and 95% of the people in the audience were super respectful of not bumping into me (they could tell with my cast and arm sling) and actually giving me a small buffer area (I was on the floor but as far back as I could go).

Pearcy seemed like he was in the best mood I have seen in a decade. He sounded pretty good. Band played really well. Drummer does a lot of singing. Great show, but could have done without Bulletboys deadbeat dad at the end. Good to see Cavazo out there, but felt bad for mohawked guitarist from the band as he just kinda of stood there and clapped awkwardly during the last song while Cavazo played his guitar.

Faster Pussycat were great. Taime sounded excellent and the band played great. Greg Steele came out about 2/3 of the way through the show and then played the rest of the set. At the end they brought out Ronnie Simmons and Ace Von Johnson. 5 guitarists playing last 3 songs, but worked out pretty good. Stage was really crowded. Guitarist from Geoff Tate is now in Faster, but Sam Bam is really the focal point guitarist.

Pearcy -
Sweet Cheater
You Think You're Tough
Nobody Rides For Free
Wanted Man
You're In Trouble
Round And Round
In Your Direction
She Wants Money
Lack Of Communication
Back For More
The Morning After
I'm Insane
Scene of The Crime
Lay It Down
You're In Love
Walking The Dog

Faster Pussycat -
Jack The Bastard
Cathouse
Slip Of The Tongue
Don't Change That Song
Like A Ghost
Nola
#1 With A Bullet
Six Feet Deep
Nonstop To Nowhere
Poison Ivy
Where There's A WhipThere's A Way
You're So Vain
House Of Pain
Bathroom Wall
Shut Up And Fuck
Babylon

The go go dancers on Saturday night were better than Friday (although 1 dancer did both nights).
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: My Half Assed Stephen Pearcy and Faster Pussycat Review

Post by LAglamrocker »

Truly half assed review
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"