How have I missed The Dogs D’Amour all these years??

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Spongie
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

How have I missed The Dogs D’Amour all these years??

Post by Spongie »

They popped up on Spotify while listening to Zodiac Mindwarp. Any fan? Discuss.

I just started listening to their catalog, but here are a couple songs that stood out.

Pretty, Pretty Once
https://youtu.be/vRyuopZtQjg?si=vduXygssBKSreEx9

Princess Valium
https://youtu.be/hNCiXld8PXg?si=ao9DNDotGkr--vy-

From Wikipedia:
The Dogs D'Amour are an English bluesey hard rock band formed in London in 1983. Over the years the band has had various line-ups, the only constant being vocalist Tyla. Their music has been described as a mixture of the Rolling Stones, the Faces and glam punk.
DemonFilth2001
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: How have I missed The Dogs D’Amour all these years??

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

Think their basically the same as the London Quireboys. Could be wrong. Pretty sure they are more or less interchangeable. At least I've always heard that.
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

Whatever Gerri Miller loved I loved
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
LeeRatbag
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by LeeRatbag »

Massive fan, first saw them in '88. Not quite as party-oriented as the Quireboys, they're a lot darker in subject matter and tone. In their day they were one of the greatest live acts around, and the run of albums from In The Dynamite Jet Saloon to More Unchartered Heights Of Disgrace is incredible.
THE KINGCROWS - Bad Time For The GoodTime Generation
New album coming soon!
www.thekingcrows.com
BulletProofPoet
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by BulletProofPoet »

Most all Dogs albums are great, esp the early stuff. Dynamite is a classic start to finish. Tyla’s early solo stuff is also great. Some point he started making too many albums and the quality suffered.

Highly recommend checking out Tyla and Spikes album Flagrantly Yours, amazing album.

Was lucky enough to see them in San Antonio back when Dynamite came out. Pariah opened and they got us into the show because it was 21+ and we were only 18 or 19. Bam was an absolute maniac and had kind of scars/scratches all over his chest.
Tommy2Tone84
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Tommy2Tone84 »

I hated them at first but love them now.
GoodJudge

Post by GoodJudge »

LeeRatbag wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:50 pm Massive fan, first saw them in '88. Not quite as party-oriented as the Quireboys, they're a lot darker in subject matter and tone. In their day they were one of the greatest live acts around, and the run of albums from In The Dynamite Jet Saloon to More Unchartered Heights Of Disgrace is incredible.
I love, love, love the Dogs, I was playing some last weekend. Alas I never got to see them live though I did see Tyla solo in the early 00s and Bam was superb in the early Wildhearts.

I'd include The (Un)Authorised Bootleg album - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkLx888 ... g8&index=2 - the sound quality ain't the best (hence the title) but the songs are definitely there.
And - in my opinion - their creative masterpiece was the acoustic Graveyard of Empty Bottles mini-album - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KoRYdkMt18. Tyla re-recorded it in 2019 but it's a pale imitation.
Ozzy Stradlin

Post by Ozzy Stradlin »

I’m a huge fan.

Tyla from the Dogs actually made a record with Spike from the Quireboys (and - BTW - no, they aren’t “interchangeable”).

Here’s a track:
https://youtu.be/UWPjobJHW88?si=Wp4o2T8nl-VS_16T
Whatever Happened To…
Headlining Clubs

Post by Whatever Happened To… »

Also check out albums by Dave Kusworth and the Bounty Hunters/Jacobites, original Dogs member who left to do his own thing.

Gunfire Dance are worth your time as well, same part of the world, Birmingham UK.

BulletProofPoet

Post by BulletProofPoet »

Whatever Happened To… wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:16 am Also check out albums by Dave Kusworth and the Bounty Hunters/Jacobites, original Dogs member who left to do his own thing.

Gunfire Dance are worth your time as well, same part of the world, Birmingham UK.

I have that Bounty Hunters on vinyl. Guessing that is pretty rare, wonder if it is worth anything.
Ozzy Stradlin

Post by Ozzy Stradlin »

Whatever Happened To… wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:16 am Also check out albums by Dave Kusworth and the Bounty Hunters/Jacobites, original Dogs member who left to do his own thing.

Nikki Sudden and Epic Soundtracks from The Jacobites also put out some great albums.

Wild Obsession
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Wild Obsession »

I had never heard of The Bounty Hunters/Jacobites, but they remind me of Gene Loves Jezebel (Jay fronted, more rock version) albums 1993 Heavenly Bodies, and 1999 VII.
daveg
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by daveg »

Heard of them, but don't think I have listened to anything.

Checked out the songs OP linked....and they are actually really good.

I'm not the biggest Quierboys fan, so was skeptical at first, but I really enjoyed the tunes. I hear a lot of Electric Angels in there.

Gonna check out more for sure
Ralph2
Learning KISS Riffs

Post by Ralph2 »

Quireboys LIVE are awesome, records don't capture "it".

Dogs are incredible and the songwriting is next level. The songs are bit more timeless in that sense.

Spike is killer live.