WHO ARE YOU? ... Get a Text, inbox, email or call and reply ASAP? Or wait til the next day, or 3 days later?

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

MetalSludgeCEO
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

WHO ARE YOU? ... Get a Text, inbox, email or call and reply ASAP? Or wait til the next day, or 3 days later?

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

Which person are you?

And does this differ in business, or personal?

I am in awe when someone messages me in Messenger for instance, asks a question, and I answer in 30 seconds... then they're next reply is a day later. #WTF

Example: "Hey, big fan, will you combine shipping on multiple items?"

Me less than 1 minute later: "Sure... but I guess it depends, what items do you want and where is it going to?"

Them 2 days later: "Hey bro... I am not sure yet."

Me less than 1 minute after their reply: "Okay, here is my store, all items, etc... let me know."

Them a day later: "Any tour plans for Washington?"

Me: :shock: "

$tEvil
VinnieVincentsVag
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Re: WHO ARE YOU? ... Get a Text, inbox, email or call and reply ASAP? Or wait til the next day, or 3 days later?

Post by VinnieVincentsVag »

I try to answer all texts immediately and expect the same.
BDG135
Platinum Artist

Re: WHO ARE YOU? ... Get a Text, inbox, email or call and reply ASAP? Or wait til the next day, or 3 days later?

Post by BDG135 »

I usually reply as soon as I see the message. If I see the message after about 9 pm (and it was sent much earlier), I'll usually wait until the next day, after 9-10 am, to reply.
Not everybody is on MetalShit.com and Blabberface fuckin’ dot net! Who cares? There’s such a small amount of people that do that. - Blotz
Ozzy Stradlin
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Ozzy Stradlin »

VinnieVincentsVag wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:10 pm I try to answer all texts immediately and expect the same.
This.
Fat_Elvis
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Fat_Elvis »

1) Not everyone is on their social media every single minute of every day
2) Some people probably just want to feel special for having gotten a reply from someone they perceive to be a rock star
3) People, in general, suck
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

Fat_Elvis wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:24 pm 1) Not everyone is on their social media every single minute of every day
2) Some people probably just want to feel special for having gotten a reply from someone they perceive to be a rock star
3) People, in general, suck
"""""""""""""""1) Not everyone is on their social media every single minute of every day""""""""""""""

1. Getting a Text, is not social media.
2. Getting a call, is not social media.
3. Getting an email, is not social media.
4. Agree, a percentage of people do suck.

$tEvil
TeslaFan
Recording Debut Album

Post by TeslaFan »

Immediately. I can’t stand seeing red on my phone apps. Only scenario I don’t is if I’m pissed or it’s someone I don’t like. They can wait.
Just a regular guy who likes Metal
diablomozart
Headlining Clubs

Post by diablomozart »

i answer it when i see it...between taking care of my disabled mother and 2 pups i don't have as much time as i would like and those who know me are aware of the situation...d.m.
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

diablomozart wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:35 pm i answer it when i see it...between taking care of my disabled mother and 2 pups i don't have as much time as i would like and those who know me are aware of the situation...d.m.
So, no time to hit the CAP lock for the use of the letter 'I' in your reply?

$tEvil
diablomozart
Headlining Clubs

Post by diablomozart »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:46 pm
diablomozart wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:35 pm i answer it when i see it...between taking care of my disabled mother and 2 pups i don't have as much time as i would like and those who know me are aware of the situation...d.m.
So, no time to hit the CAP lock for the use of the letter 'I' in your reply?

$tEvil
nope lol...d.m.
Black Stuff
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Black Stuff »

I usually respond right away.
The power of Sludge compels you.
Psychobolia.com
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas
Location: Paris, France, land of sleaze and cheese, wine and whine

Post by Psychobolia.com »

I hate texting, takes me forever to type out a message and is a major hassle compared to a computer keyboard.

Text messages: I'll reply when I'm in public transport or sitting in a café. Sometimes I'll reply by email; drives people nuts but I give zero fucks.
Email: I only read them at home on my computer, so I usually reply as soon as I see it.
Whatsapp: I'll reply when I get home since I have it in a browser tab and can type replies on a keyboard.
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

I’ve been told I type and text like SIXTEEN year old cheerleader
That’s because of 5000 teenage girls or more at Flesh N Blood tour I saw

Most of my texts include the same number of words and emojis :lol:

When ya hang with strippers and country girls nobody wants a Rush type text

I’m pretty sure I text like Val Venus

I answer when I want..nobody is that important ever
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Just texted

🍒 Warrant 🥧 and Lita 🎸 Vegas in June 🥵 with Vegas VIP 💧 pools
Let’s go?? 😀😀
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
BulletProofPoet
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by BulletProofPoet »

Right away so I don’t forget about it.
ParaDime77
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by ParaDime77 »

ASAP or within the hour. I find people that reply days later or never are inconsiderate pricks. Most everyone has their phone on at all times.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
DonJuanDeMarco
Headlining Clubs

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

When I was a junior in high school I took a typing class. It was old school typing on an actual typewriter every day. Me, my stoner friend and about 25 of the prettiest girls in the school. It was a great way to kill an hour.

Little did I know how important that was. At work I get tons of emails. Literally a few hundred every day. So I reply within the day for sure. I tend to keep it short and sweet. Professional and polite.

Like the person CEO was complaining about....some people reply too fast or make it TOO brief. I hate when you have to correspond back and forth like 20 times because they didn't give you all the information needed.
"You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"