Stevie Rachelle live in Thailand livestream

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

BernieTaupson
Headlining Clubs

Stevie Rachelle live in Thailand livestream

Post by BernieTaupson »

schlonginski
Opening for Slaughter

Re: Stevie Rachelle live in Thailand livestream

Post by schlonginski »

The CEO is in da house!
BernieTaupson
Headlining Clubs

Post by BernieTaupson »

BernieTaupson
Headlining Clubs

Post by BernieTaupson »

Long way to go to do a 25 min set bro.
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

Very cool.
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
MattleyCrue
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by MattleyCrue »

Impressive as fuck! Those kids in the band sound great! Good Guys Wear Black was fantastic!
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
schlonginski
Opening for Slaughter

Post by schlonginski »

MetalSludgeCEO
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

I missed this post... oh well, all good!

As for traveling this far for a 25 minute set... this "nite" was not my only reason for coming here.

And for the most part, it never is just about the gig, or the music, or any one thing... it's about Life.

Experiencing it, seeing the world, learning about different cultures, meeting people, food, the way the world works and so much more.

However, I am very fortunate that with the music path I have traveled, and the success that it has had... whether you find that worthy or not is irrelevant, but that success has helped pave some of the future paths I have traveled. And for that I am forever grateful and appreciate it all, the small things more than ever, especially at my age.

In truth, it has opened many doors for me, and allowed me to see some things, do some things and go some places that I may not have, had the band not had some success.

With that... coming to Thailand again, and orchestrating a few shows, is a Win-Win for me... all day, every day.

Thanks for reading....

$tEvil :D
BernieTaupson
Headlining Clubs

Post by BernieTaupson »

Enjoy. Hope you got to see some of the local area. More to Thailand than the cliche of bars and bargirls and LBs like one of the posts above.

^ Ten minute car ride from Rock Factory.

^ Twenty minute drive from Rock Factory

^ 45 min boat trip to Koh Larn island
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:38 pm In truth, it has opened many doors for me, and allowed me to see some things, do some things and go some places that I may not have, had the band not had some success.
With that... coming to Thailand again, and orchestrating a few shows, is a Win-Win for me... all day, every day.
Just think. You did something Ace can't do because he doesn't pay his taxes.

"I'm just here for the irony and the dancing."
dubler
Wannabe Rocker

Post by dubler »

Sounded great. Looks like you’re having a great time as well.
El Vampiro Blanco
Headlining Clubs

Post by El Vampiro Blanco »

I went to that wooden temple thing.
Incredible sight to see just standing there on the beach and all built by hand, all wood, no nails and screws.
Also went to that big buddha, pretty cool as well.
The hyper commercialized sex industry I was less enthusiastic about, not because I am a saint, but because I found it difficult to find the thai girls attractive.
Did save me a lot of money though :D
BernieTaupson
Headlining Clubs

Post by BernieTaupson »

Thai girls can be attractive. Hookers are not.
Playboyliquor59
Recording Debut Album

Post by Playboyliquor59 »

On a tour we played Taiwan,Malaysia,Vietnam, Thailand, Philippines, Singapore and 5 shows in china. Thailand was definitely my favorite. I went out with some of the guys because we played this place “de commune” in Bangkok which was cool, maybe 300 cap. The working girls made me sad…it was a bunch of Australian drunk dudes and other weirdos acting up. The people I met aside from those bars were wonderful. I want to go back to actually get to enjoy myself.
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

Playboyliquor59 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:26 am On a tour we played Taiwan,Malaysia,Vietnam, Thailand, Philippines, Singapore and 5 shows in china. Thailand was definitely my favorite. I went out with some of the guys because we played this place “de commune” in Bangkok which was cool, maybe 300 cap. The working girls made me sad…it was a bunch of Australian drunk dudes and other weirdos acting up. The people I met aside from those bars were wonderful. I want to go back to actually get to enjoy myself.

""""""""""""""""a bunch of Australian drunk dudes and other weirdos acting up""""""""""""""""""

This is my 2nd trip here, and all in I have spent about 16-17 days on the ground between the 2 trips, it will be closer to a month by the time I go home after this visit.

The ONLY drama, loud-mouths, or possible hostility I have seen the entire time, was either A. a White American, B. a White Aussie male or C. a White Englishman!

Typical drunk, bravado jackasses... Mad Dogging people, and acting belligerent. F#@king pathetic.

The last trip, I only saw the Police intervene one time, and it was exactly that, a loud-mouth drunk White guy, acting completely out of line and he was getting hand-cuffed.

This place is probably one of the nicest, calmest, most easy-going environments I have ever visited, and people in general are just nice. kind, polite and friendly.

This applies to all of the Indian people living or visiting, and various other races, or cultures who reside here, or are vacationing.

Even the overly somewhat aggressive, "Please come into my store", or "Hey Buddy, we have all kinds of dishes" trying to get you to buy or eat at their place, if you keep walking, or simply say "No thank you", they will 99% of the time, just stop, and leave you alone.

On Hollywood Blvd., or Venice Beach, or God forbid Mexico (Cozumel, Cancun, etc..) they will follow you for 100 meters imploring they have the best deal on the planet.

There is no anger here, no hostile looks, no "get out of my way" behavior, not even remotely a hint of it, and if there is, it's ALWAYS the White guy from the U.S., England or Australia.

Even the homeless people, begging, or looking like they've been through WWIII, they put their hands out, or give you a sad look, but they seem to handle or accept the rejection, or the "not today", 100x better than most other places I have visited.

Not tooting any horn here, just being honest... I have given away more money here, both times, than anywhere else I've ever visited. Similarly, I have done this in South America and parts of Europe as well... to give a lady with a baby on the street 300 Baht, will change her day for sure... and that is about $10.00 (U.S.) out of my pocket.

I equate it to sales at the shows... I sell CDs for 500 Baht ($15), T-shirts for 700 Baht ($20) and Vinyls for 1,200 Baht ($35).

So at the end of the day, if I give away 2,000 Baht, that's like 50 bucks, and that is me selling 1 Vinyl Record and 1 CD. And last time at Rock Pub alone, I did like 40,000 Baht in sales... so giving away a few hundred bucks over the week... is easy to do, and I have, and will continue to, as long as I am in a place to be able to help, I do it.

In the last 4-5 years, I have given away more money than I have in the previous 50+ years... and call me corny, but I feel good helping where I can.

I have also mentioned this before... the random guy begging off the Freeway exit in the U.S., is a able bodied, 25-45 year old man, with a scruffy face, some dirty jeans, and he's holding a pathetic sign that says "Have family, will work for food" or "Anything helps" and "Veteran", which 8/10 of those guys, are 100% liars! F' all of those phonies.

A lady on the sidewalk, with 2 little kids laying on a blanket, all dirty, and an old tin cup on the sidewalk with a few coins in it, that is truly a person who could use the money, and I am grateful I can make their day a little easier.

This place is amazing for sure... but it will REALLY make you stop and think... if you don't, you are soulless!

$tEvil
BernieTaupson
Headlining Clubs

Post by BernieTaupson »

Fully agree with your sentiment but the ladies sitting on the footpath holding babies and a cup are fake beggars. They’re scammers. They’re not even from Thailand they’re mostly from Laos or Cambodia. Don’t give them anything. They prey on tourists who don’t know better.

Actual Thai people missing limbs or whatever, sure.

Donate to the Father Ray foundation if you want to help disadvantaged children.
Last edited by BernieTaupson on Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

BernieTaupson wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:38 pm Bro - the ladies sitting on the footpath holding babies and a cup are fake beggars. They’re scammers. They’re not even from Thailand they’re mostly from Laos. Don’t give them anything. They prey on tourists who don’t know better.

I will be happy to give to the poor from Laos, Cambodia or Vietnam the same...

And yes... the people with missing or deformed limbs, they get my attention the same.

$tEvil
BernieTaupson
Headlining Clubs

Post by BernieTaupson »

You seem to have missed my point. They’re not actual beggars. They’re scammers. And it’s usually not even their own kids they’re pimping out for money. It’s considered trafficking. They scam way more a day than honest Thai people working a full day in a normal job. You’re not helping the poor you’re helping scammers who make more money than a lot of honest people.
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

BernieTaupson wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:47 pm You seem to have missed my point. They’re not actual beggars. They’re scammers. And it’s usually not even their own kids they’re pimping out for money. It’s considered trafficking. They scam way more a day than honest Thai people working a full day in a normal job. You’re not helping the poor you’re helping scammers who make more money than a lot of honest people.
"""""""""""""""You seem to have missed my point."""""""""""

Or, maybe you've missed mine!

$tEvil
BernieTaupson
Headlining Clubs

Post by BernieTaupson »

You go girl.
REO Cokewagon
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by REO Cokewagon »

What are all these american and british dudes doin' there?

There's hardly any Asian pussy at this show. That's terrible.
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

REO Cokewagon wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:05 pm What are all these american and british dudes doin' there?

There's hardly any Asian pussy at this show. That's terrible.
There are tons of Westerners here...

From the U.S., Canada, from Europe and Australia as well... not too mention, a ton of Arabs and Indians too!

I can't say enough, how much I appreciate this place, their culture and all that goes with it.

As for "pussy"... or... what you might be referencing in the way of groupies, or girls at the shows... I don't care who is in the crowd, as long as they are there.

$tEvil
BernieTaupson
Headlining Clubs

Post by BernieTaupson »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:44 pm
BernieTaupson wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:38 pm Bro - the ladies sitting on the footpath holding babies and a cup are fake beggars. They’re scammers. They’re not even from Thailand they’re mostly from Laos. Don’t give them anything. They prey on tourists who don’t know better.

I will be happy to give to the poor from Laos, Cambodia or Vietnam the same...
Cops went around today rounding a bunch of fake migrant beggars up.

aznsquirt
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by aznsquirt »

Yo, everyone needs to open up the recording of that live stream and check out Stevie's high note at the beginning of Highway Star around the 7 minute mark. That was no joke.

Is it just me
BernieTaupson
Headlining Clubs

Post by BernieTaupson »

aznsquirt wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 1:23 am Yo, everyone needs to open up the recording of that live stream and check out Stevie's high note at the beginning of Highway Star around the 7 minute mark. That was no joke.

Is it just me
Yeah that’s fucking awesome. He sang so hard he turned into a young Thai guy!