WATCH ME ... Walk up on stage, and play a set with a young band in Pattaya Thailand, whom I never met until...

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

MetalSludgeCEO
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

WATCH ME ... Walk up on stage, and play a set with a young band in Pattaya Thailand, whom I never met until...

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

... after I played the first song (VH) with them...

-----------------------------------------------------------
Traveled to the other side of the Planet (Thailand) and met a group of kids who spent a few rehearsals working up some Tuff songs for me.

This is as real & raw as it gets folks… I never even met them until I introduced myself on-stage after that 1st (VH) song.

Their singer Jack Jitvenaz is a badass… and helped coordinate this for me along with Rock Factory owner Hansi Rothfuss!

I read Philip Lewis’ blog some years ago when he did something similar in South America.

If memory serves me Phil got on a plane, with a backpack and a guitar and each day, each city he played with a different band that he had met that day… no rehearsals, other than soundcheck.

It takes balls to do this, and I salute and respect Mr. Lewis and anyone else who would like to take a stab at this.

Phil’s posts (diary / blog) detailed his travels, the hotels, food, the gigs, the good, the bad & the other.

So you wanna be a Rock Star huh?

Well… buckle up… and be ready.

I’m not much of a jukebox when it comes to cover songs, but in these type of gigs it’s usually part of the set… so I rocked a few covers too.

VH - Ratt - Judas Priest… respect.

I played this venue last year as well, if anyone recalls me doing the Megadeth cover that I shared among others.

Back to these kids… they’re all half my age or less, and this was their first gig in Pattaya… and while the club Paid them each a fee, plus their travel expenses… I reached into my pocket and tipped them some Thai Bhat too.

They earned it, I guess you could call this “paying it forward”, literally.

I’ve done this in the past as well, including my guys in Brazil who have backed me a few times.

I truly appreciate their efforts and time.

So proud of all of them and their future, they are rock n’ roll’s future as us old guys won’t last forever… and Jitvenez rocks, search them on YT!

With that, I had a great night at Rock Factory, and met many fans from Thailand, but also fans from Finland, Germany and some Americans too! 🇹🇭🇫🇮🇩🇪🇺🇸 small world.

Thank you again to Hansi & all the staff at Rock Factory, and the patrons who came out. 😊

Next Saturday Jan. 27th I will return to The Rock Pub - Bangkok`s House Of Rock (Bangkok) for a show with SUPERBLOOD from Japan 🇯🇵 and my backup band BROWNSTONE!

In closing I would like to say just how grateful I am, for all of the opportunities music has afforded me in my life, it’s beyond words…

I am the luckiest guy in the world, for so many reasons, and this music thing is just one them!

Good night from Thailand!

Watch the first 15+ minutes of my set with the band JITVENEZ in Pattaya, includes 3 TUFF songs...

> https://www.facebook.com/stevierachelle ... fMsKaRKTql

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I played this place last year too, and jammed with the house band... if anyone recalls, I did Megadeth and some other tunes with them!

The show in Bangkok at The Rock Pub is more of a "concert" setting, and that show is this Sat. Jan. 27th, and I will play with BROWNSTONE... with Superblood from Japan on the bill!

Rock Factory is more of a bar setting with people chilling at tables, drinking, and looking for mostly cover tunes. The sound system at this place is actually killer sounding... and the over all venue, is top tier, top notch across the board in a place that is just littered with clubs, bars, brothels, go-go dancer bars, and more... just nuts!

These kids I played with were in their 20's, but all looked like they were 15-16 years old... I guess the Asian men, like the women too, look much younger than their age!

The BROWNSTONE guys are 30's and 40's, more mature and more seasoned... can't wait for Saturday.

Thanks for reading!

$tEvil
😊💪❤️🔥🎤☀️🌴🇹🇭🙏😴