Whatever happened to Michael Grant?

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

ParaDime77
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Whatever happened to Michael Grant?

Post by ParaDime77 »

Personally I thought he was unjustly let go from LAG.. However, I understand that Tracii was going to be the pointman upon his return. Didnt he have his own band that he was out on tour with? Seems like a really talented dude.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
GreatWhiteSnake
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Re: Whatever happened to Michael Grant?

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

Yes he did. A quick google search would reveal that Michael Grant and the Assassins had a release in 2020 that was pretty alright. (ok that 4 years FLEW by)...
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
HottKarl777
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by HottKarl777 »

He's probably making $15 the hard way.
Ralph2
Learning KISS Riffs

Post by Ralph2 »

The single was awesome. The record was really good.

Single hit, then Covid.

Then....................

Talented dude.
jhenders
Blowing Advance from Record Label

Post by jhenders »

That album is really good! I remember he snuck the Purple Rain riff into one of the songs.
greengoblinrulz
Headlining Clubs

Post by greengoblinrulz »

He put out his album, then has rarely played any live shows since.
gtrjay
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by gtrjay »

Enjoyed his album.
I’m completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. These two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death.
George Carlin - Modern Philosopher
HottKarl777

Post by HottKarl777 »

Also, is he still wearing that stupid hat?
MetalSludgeCEO
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

Having a kid about 4-5 years ago... will kick your ass into a new gear and quick!

And while it's the hardest job in the world, it's the BEST one to have! Many would agree...

Also... realizing you're in your 40's... and dealing with all of those battles, etc... makes being on tour, or in a band become way less interesting.

Especially when being in a situation like LAG, that had its fair share of battles and drama.... who is in, who is out, who was fired and who quit.

Then being part of it at some point with the bands merging, and heads rolling, lawsuits, and the rest... even to the "hired guys" it is/was likely trying at times.

The end game for any of us... is simply put into one word, survival.

Will you come back, emerge again, different band, another year, some other tour, project, the press and all that goes with it. Not an easy task.

All of this applies to the other question someone just asked, "Whatever happened to Stacey Blades?"

While Metal Sludge made him a bit of a poster child for a few years, meaning Grant and at time Blades too, that is part of the territory... whether you're Bach, Bret, BulletBoys or Britny Fox!

And the L.A. Guns history is a book or two and then-some, all the different layers, lineups and related comings and goings.

It happens in other styles of music too... Megadeth comes to mind, Journey, and Van Halen.

Then you have Skid Row, Warrant, Quiet Riot and Great White all right in the Sludge category.

I had a few short exchanges online, and in person with Michael Grant, and he was a sweetheart of a guy... but I don't think he always handled himself the best when the lights were on.

It's a challenge to navigate these roads, I know first hand... you can be the Hero to some, and the hated Villain to others all inside the same building.

Kudos to him for whatever it is he's doing now... and hopefully he's happy doing it.

$tEvil
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

"Survival" was the word that I was looking for in the Jizzy Pearl thread. Dude just stays under the radar and survives. Kudos to anyone for that.
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
GreatWhiteSnake
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

I still love the Endeverafter disc. Perfect blend of Motley and Maiden...
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
TorienRoxxGang

Post by TorienRoxxGang »

Solo cd Grant put out was killer. Dude was super heavy into his weed etc…. Phil was jealous as Michael was flashy and getting the ladies.

Michael is way better then AVJ, but cant keep his mouth shut. The stars in LA Guns are Phil & Tracii. Sorry Duncan, Martin, and AVJ do nothing for the draw as they serve a purpose. They are reliable, low key, and are forced to the merch table after the show. They play kissy for the photos with fans and leave Tracii’s weed alone. Scabs 101
Chip Z'Hoy

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

TorienRoxxGang wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 5:44 pm Solo cd Grant put out was killer. Dude was super heavy into his weed etc…. Phil was jealous as Michael was flashy and getting the ladies.

Michael is way better then AVJ, but cant keep his mouth shut. The stars in LA Guns are Phil & Tracii. Sorry Duncan, Martin, and AVJ do nothing for the draw as they serve a purpose. They are reliable, low key, and are forced to the merch table after the show. They play kissy for the photos with fans and leave Tracii’s weed alone. Scabs 101
:lol:
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

TorienRoxxGang wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 5:44 pm Solo cd Grant put out was killer. Dude was super heavy into his weed etc…. Phil was jealous as Michael was flashy and getting the ladies.

Weed = Dumb

$tEvil