Phil Collen Is Shiite

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Tommy2Tone84
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Phil Collen Is Shiite

Post by Tommy2Tone84 »

Name an 80s guitarist you find to be superior to Phil Collen.

I’ll start with the obvious

Pete fooken Willis
zz666
Headlining Clubs

Re: Phil Collen Is Shiite

Post by zz666 »

This could be the first time I agree with this stupid cunt!
Whatever Happened To…
Headlining Clubs

Post by Whatever Happened To… »

You're just jealous of his wife.
Psychobolia.com
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas
Location: Paris, France, land of sleaze and cheese, wine and whine

Post by Psychobolia.com »

Chris fooken Holmes
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
Tommy2Tone84

Post by Tommy2Tone84 »

zz666 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:23 am This could be the first time I agree with this stupid cunt!

I got a compliment out of z. See folks, his heart isn’t completely black and dead inside.
BDG135
Platinum Artist

Post by BDG135 »

Does he still play with his shirt off?
Not everybody is on MetalShit.com and Blabberface fuckin’ dot net! Who cares? There’s such a small amount of people that do that. - Blotz
Tommy2Tone84

Post by Tommy2Tone84 »

Psychobolia.com wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 4:50 am Chris fooken Holmes
I was never a big fan of his band but I do agree. Chris had some shit. He was way cooler than Phil too
Engine13
Headlining Clubs

Post by Engine13 »

I'd take Pete Willis over Phil in a minute. That drunk midget had some chops.
.....Unless I was in a scuffle and needed back up, then it's shirtless Phill all the way.
Tommy2Tone84

Post by Tommy2Tone84 »

Engine13 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:34 am I'd take Pete Willis over Phil in a minute. That drunk midget had some chops.
.....Unless I was in a scuffle and needed back up, then it's shirtless Phill all the way.

I think that drunk midget beat up Joe Elliott while in a blackout bender and that is why he
got kicked out.

Given Steve’s fall into the disgraced abyss I never bought the band’s or Joe rather excuse as to why he
was kicked out. From my understanding Pete is on the majority of Pyromania. The band
bragged about their alcohol consumption in their BTM but claim Pete was too much?

He wasn’t the prissy pretty boy Phil was either. I think that was 75% of the issue more than the
alcohol
Venus Flytrap
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Venus Flytrap »

Tommy2Tone84 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:35 am
Engine13 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:34 am I'd take Pete Willis over Phil in a minute. That drunk midget had some chops.

I think that drunk midget beat up Joe Elliott while in a blackout bender and that is why he
got kicked out.

Given Steve’s fall into the disgraced abyss I never bought the band’s or Joe rather excuse as to why he
was kicked out. From my understanding Pete is on the majority of Pyromania. The band
bragged about their alcohol consumption in their BTM but claim Pete was too much?

He wasn’t the prissy pretty boy Phil was either. I think that was 75% of the issue more than the
alcohol
There's a couple things here. Pete apparently was volatile when he was drunk so he got a shorter leash than Steve. Steve was a shy guy. Pete played most of the rhythm tracks but was too wasted come time to do the solos and the last little rhythm bits. While the rest of the guys drank a lot too, they still showed for work ready to go. Not even Steve was at Pete's level of drunkenness in '82.
Steve's issues didn't stand out from the other members' until the Hysteria sessions. Even then it still wasn't Pete level. Then it snowballed during the tour until he finally reached Pete level during the Adrenalize sessions. He'd actally have to have a drink just to steady his hands to play. If he was sober his hands would shake. Steve got the leave of absence option that Pete didn't get IMO because they just cared about him more. They would have reached the end of their patience with Steve too. Joe had said that if Steve didn't die when he did he probably wouldn't still be in the band. Comment was from around the 2000's. I don't remember if he meant if Steve would continue drinking and they'd say enough or if Stevev would have quit from all the pressure they were under.
Tommy2Tone84

Post by Tommy2Tone84 »

Venus Flytrap wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:09 pm

got kicked out.

alcohol
There's a couple things here. Pete apparently was volatile when he was drunk so he got a shorter leash than Steve. Steve was a shy guy. Pete played most of the rhythm tracks but was too wasted come time to do the solos and the last little rhythm bits. While the rest of the guys drank a lot too, they still showed for work ready to go. Not even Steve was at Pete's level of drunkenness in '82.
Steve's issues didn't stand out from the other members' until the Hysteria sessions. Even then it still wasn't Pete level. Then it snowballed during the tour until he finally reached Pete level during the Adrenalize sessions. He'd actally have to have a drink just to steady his hands to play. If he was sober his hands would shake. Steve got the leave of absence option that Pete didn't get IMO because they just cared about him more. They would have reached the end of their patience with Steve too. Joe had said that if Steve didn't die when he did he probably wouldn't still be in the band. Comment was from around the 2000's. I don't remember if he meant if Steve would continue drinking and they'd say enough or if Stevev would have quit from all the pressure they were under.

Steve’s descent into heroin started during the Pyromania sessions. He was shooting up between takes.

For whatever reasons, they were looking to get rid of Pete and they hypocritically used his drinking as the excuse.
Love_Industry

Post by Love_Industry »

Could the image have played a part also? Leppard changed into MTV idols during Pyromania and if you look at some of the HND era pics including in the booklet in the remaster, Pete sometimes looks like a teenage fan hanging out with the band. Not saying they fired him because he didn't fit into the image, but it may have made the decision easier than if it was the cool rockstar looking Steve with the same problem at the same time.
Tommy2Tone84

Post by Tommy2Tone84 »

Love_Industry wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:19 am
Could the image have played a part also? Leppard changed into MTV idols during Pyromania and if you look at some of the HND era pics including in the booklet in the remaster, Pete sometimes looks like a teenage fan hanging out with the band. Not saying they fired him because he didn't fit into the image, but it may have made the decision easier than if it was the cool rockstar looking Steve with the same problem at the same time.

I feel Pete’s physical features had much more to do with his sacking than Joe will ever admit.

I personally feel Pete looked cool onstage and he was a way better player than either Steve or Phil. But he wasn’t blessed with height or “rock star good looks”.

Pete was a rock star to me but he looked more like Angus Young than pretty boys like Steve and Phil
Indy_Rob
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by Indy_Rob »

got kicked out.

alcohol
I think your Return key is malfunctioning. :mrgreen:
Love_Industry

Post by Love_Industry »

Tommy2Tone84 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:27 am
I was never a big fan of his band but I do agree. Chris had some shit. He was way cooler than Phil too
Wait, what? Homeless always (well, at least in early WASP) felt like someone trying too hard to show everyone how he is a dangerous metal madman. Seriously, what 30 year old rockstar brags in interviews about beating up some kids in fifth grade? :) :)
Tommy2Tone84

Post by Tommy2Tone84 »

Love_Industry wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:54 am
Tommy2Tone84 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:27 am
Wait, what? Homeless always (well, at least in early WASP) felt like someone trying too hard to show everyone how he is a dangerous metal madman. Seriously, what 30 year old rockstar brags in interviews about beating up some kids in fifth grade? :) :)

Phil Collen is shiite

Phil Campbell is the shit