Roth keeps trolling WOLF !!!

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

MetalSludgeCEO
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: Roth keeps trolling WOLF !!!

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

maninblack wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:01 pm Eddie Van Halen's son Wolfgang and wife Andraia Allsop attend 2024 MusiCares gala in first sighting since David Lee Roth's expletive-filled rant against him

Link

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/a ... Cares.html
The opening line says it ALL!

"""""Eddie Van Halen's son Wolfgang""""""

The guy is virtually an unknown morbidly obese bearded man.... without his Father's name attached to him and everything he does.

$tEvil
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

Zinny wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:22 am Strange how Wolfie manages to get under DLR’s skin!
They both have enough money to last a couple of lifetimes and they can live the rest of their lives without ever cross paths, despite their mutual Van Halen history, so why even talk about each other? If a journalist asks, why not just jump to the next question?
Nobody wants to hear ADKOT on streaming services anyways.

""""""""""""""despite their mutual Van Halen history, """""""""""""""""

This is a bit of a stretch, isn't it?

Wolfgang's "Van Halen history" is non-existent, outside a few recent tours before Pops bought the farm! Using his name in Van Halen's history next to Dave is laughable.

Other than him playing with toys and shitting his pants on the living room floor while Mom over ate reading the tabloids, and the adult Men wrote and recorded music out in the garage (studio), what part of "history" did Wolfgang contribute?

That's like saying Nick and Sophie Simmons had mutual history in KISS with Paul.... or even Ace and Peter. They didn't. Nor did Evan, or the others' kids.

This Fat Slob's history with the brand, is about 1%... if that... he had Zero to do with the entire Roth era, and Sammy era combined.

What part of Van Halen history should Wolfgang be attached to, outside of a tour or two?

That's like adding Blues Sarceno to the Poison history line... it's a blip on the radar.

$tEvil
BernieTaupson
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by BernieTaupson »

Bono Nettencourt wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:34 pm Why do so many ppl here believe that ADKOT was a good record... they had to go back to the 77 demos because Eddie couldn't write anymore, and the one new song that they did put out sucked donkey balls.
Where are you getting “the one new song” from?

Songs that weren’t based on 70s or 80s demos :

You And Your Blues
As Is
Chinatown
Honeybabysweetiedoll
The Trouble With Never
Stay Frosty
chungasrevenge
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by chungasrevenge »

Dyslexicheart wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:36 am
chungasrevenge wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:29 pm Dave at the end of the road with nothing left to lose. Kind of sad, but keep it coming. The main beef is probably that Wolf has more control over VH catalog than he does and will control it when the living members croak soon. He signed away his rights to the classic catalog for the reunion. So he sees Wolf releasing albums, playing with Dave Grohl and Metallica. Meanwhile Dave releases his acoustic stuff and DLR show that basically nobody cares about and gets like 20K views on average. Sam and Mike are going out this summer. You can only do so much kung fu and painting. So much misery with this outfit. It couldn't end any other way.
You're aware Roth is a multi, multi millionaire and doesn't give a fuck, right?
Nothing to do with money. Not saying that what he posted isn't 100% true and more entertaining than anything released from VH camp in 30 years, but it also has the feel of the classic Hollywood cliche of the old starlet realizing the curtain is closed for good and spiraling. He's looking back in anger at this point with a lot of projection as well. His unlistenable performances basically sabotaged 2012 and 2015 and he was the one who picked Tokyo Dome show for release. He talks about Wolf's albums being DOA and no need discuss the last 20 years of Dave's projects that should also be erased from existence.

I'm all for Dave's Howard Hughes phase. Please release recordings of every manic episode and then hit the dance floor to pose with your mannequins.
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

chungasrevenge wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:34 am
chungasrevenge wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:29 pm Dave at the end of the road with nothing left to lose. Kind of sad, but keep it coming. The main beef is probably that Wolf has more control over VH catalog than he does and will control it when the living members croak soon. He signed away his rights to the classic catalog for the reunion. So he sees Wolf releasing albums, playing with Dave Grohl and Metallica. Meanwhile Dave releases his acoustic stuff and DLR show that basically nobody cares about and gets like 20K views on average. Sam and Mike are going out this summer. You can only do so much kung fu and painting. So much misery with this outfit. It couldn't end any other way.
Nothing to do with money. Not saying that what he posted isn't 100% true and more entertaining than anything released from VH camp in 30 years, but it also has the feel of the classic Hollywood cliche of the old starlet realizing the curtain is closed for good and spiraling. He's looking back in anger at this point with a lot of projection as well. His unlistenable performances basically sabotaged 2012 and 2015 and he was the one who picked Tokyo Dome show for release. He talks about Wolf's albums being DOA and no need discuss the last 20 years of Dave's projects that should also be erased from existence.

I'm all for Dave's Howard Hughes phase. Please release recordings of every manic episode and then hit the dance floor to pose with your mannequins.

""""""""""""""""He talks about Wolf's albums being DOA and no need discuss the last 20 years of Dave's projects that should also be erased from existence.""""""""""""""""

That's irrelevant... Dave sh!ts all over Wolfgang on his worst day!

Dave is 1/4 of that band Van Halen, who released 6 albums, after they played backyard parties and worked their way UP TO, getting a gig at Gazzarri's for $120 a nite.

Rich Doctor Father or not... Dave and Van Halen paid their dues... all day... for years.

And, those VH records, that Dave helped make history with, paved the way for 98% of what you heard in the 80's and most of the 90's too!

Two of those 6 records, went Diamond... that is 10,000,000 copies or more, EACH. Dwarfing the others, that only went triple platinum!

He also had 2-3 or was it 4 solo releases, that all went, Gold, Platinum, or multi platinum,..

Wolfie hasn't sold sh!t (just like Dave said)... and the only reason anyone is listening, is simply because of his Father... there is no denying.

His music is forgettable at best... and the fan base is blind, deaf and stupid... and still there because of Ed.

Read the comments, anywhere, 98% are "Your Dad would be proud" and stupid shit like "The apple doesn't fall far from the tree", bitch pleez, what an insult.

Dave is Gene Simmons, Wolfie is Nick without the good looks.

Dave is Paul Stanley, Wolfie is Evan... only Evan plays way more tasteful.

Can you imagine either Nick or Evan acting like a Dick to Ace, under any circumstance? I doubt they would... even if they think he's a tool.

Wolfie talking out of turn, mentioning shit like "Someone who I will not name, but is often referred to by his 3 initials" is some punk ass sh!t.

But what should we expect from the spoiled fat brat who was never told no, and never had to share (obviously) at the table or in the toy room.

I know several people who are/were the only child... half turn out great, and half turn out like Wolfie. F#@k him... Dave all dave, all night!

$tEvil
Last edited by MetalSludgeCEO on Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
chungasrevenge
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by chungasrevenge »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:49 am

""""""""""""""""He talks about Wolf's albums being DOA and no need discuss the last 20 years of Dave's projects that should also be erased from existence.""""""""""""""""

Dave is 1/4 of that band Van Halen, who released 6 albums, after they played backyard parties and worked their way UP TO, getting a gig at Gazzarri's for $120 a nite.

Rich Doctor Father or not... Van Halen, and Dave paid their dues... all day... for years.

And, those VH records, that Dave helped make history with, paved the way for 98% of what you heard in the 80's and most of the 90's too!

Two of those 6 records, went Diamond... that is 10,000,000 copies or more, EACH. Dwarfing the others, that only went triple platinum!

He also had 2-3 or was it 4 solo releases, that all went, Gold, Platinum, or multi platinum,..

Wolfie hasn't sold sh!t (just like Dave said)... and the only reason anyone is listening, is simply because of his Father... there is no denying.

His music is forgettable at best... and the fan base is blind, deaf and stupid... and still there because of Ed.

Read the comments, anywhere, 98% are "Your Dad would be proud" and stupid shit like "The apple doesn't fall far from the tree", bitch pleez, what an insult.

Can you imagine either Nick or Evan acting like a Dick to Ace, under any circumstance? I doubt they would... even if they think he's a tool.

Wolfie talking out of turn, mentioning shit like "Someone who I will not name, but is often referred to by his 3 initials" is some punk ass sh!t.

But what should we expect from the spoiled fat brat who was never told no, and never had to share (obviously) at the table or in the toy room.

I know several people who are/were the only child... half turn out great, and half turn out like Wolfie. F#@k him... Dave all dave, all night!

$tEvil
100% true, but it's still a sad look for Dave. It's not like he didn't benefit from the three tours that put him back into arenas instead of opening car delearships in Florida. I don't even think what Wolf said was that offensive to even set Roth off. The Sam vs Dave debate, if there is even was one, has long been settled by streaming numbers. I think Alex had the right idea by just disappearing with his cash and let the classic catalog speak for itself.

Whatever Happened to Baby Dave?
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

He was talking about Wolf’s albums being DOA right? VHND said he was talking about the Van Wolfgang albums.

https://www.vhnd.com/2024/02/03/david-l ... -services/
El Vampiro Blanco
Headlining Clubs

Post by El Vampiro Blanco »

Anthrax442 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:05 pm
ParaDime77 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:01 pm
It’s the ultimate cut and paste album. Has small sections of songs that can be good, but is truly a disjointed effort.
Counterpoint: Even a shitty Van Halen album with Roth is MILES better than anything in a lot bands entire discographies.
Absolutely this.
Even if 60% of it was old 70's demos, these were still great songs and even for those old songs Dave wrote new lyrics and they were for the most part great lyrics as well.
The only bad thing I can say about ADKOT is I think the production sucks and I'm not crazy about Stay Frosty (and yes, I know that was a Dave song).
daveg
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by daveg »

BernieTaupson wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:17 am He was talking about Wolf’s albums being DOA right? VHND said he was talking about the Van Wolfgang albums.

I've only been half paying attention to this, but that's the impression I got. It is hard to decipher all of DLR's ramblings though

I think Dave would have left all of this alone, but Van Karen saying he was making it on his own is what set him off.
jens

Post by jens »

MisterSinister wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:11 am Also, Alex is still alive and has athlete sons, right? They might choose to handle things the old fashioned way if Dave keeps flapping his fucking gums.
You're suggesting these "athletes" go beat up a 70-year-old because he insulted their nephew? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by jens on Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

>> I think Dave would have left all of this alone, but Van Karen saying he was making it on his own is what set him off.

Yeah I think you’re right. Glad everyone is realizing what a little bitch Wolfgunt is. Of course we here at Sludge have known it for years. He got such a massive free pass after Ed died, it was unreal.
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

The cat’s face says it all.
Dyslexicheart
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Dyslexicheart »

chungasrevenge wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:03 am

Rich Doctor Father or not... Van Halen, and Dave paid their dues... all day... for years.

$tEvil
100% true, but it's still a sad look for Dave. It's not like he didn't benefit from the three tours that put him back into arenas instead of opening car delearships in Florida. I don't even think what Wolf said was that offensive to even set Roth off. The Sam vs Dave debate, if there is even was one, has long been settled by streaming numbers. I think Alex had the right idea by just disappearing with his cash and let the classic catalog speak for itself.

Whatever Happened to Baby Dave?
Seems to me you're the only one with this take on Dave, and in my opinion it's completely misguided. There's nothing sad about David Lee Roth in 2024. He's funny and eccentric and having a great life, even if he can't really sing anymore.
Playboyliquor59
Recording Debut Album

Post by Playboyliquor59 »

My girlfriend lives down the street from Dave and we went to an estate sale at a neighbors house last Sunday and he was browsing around for records in the garage/guest house situation….lady was 95 and moving into an assisted living and had tons of books and and everything else you could imagine. I’m sure he knew the family. I’ve met him him before but wasn’t going to be that guy..but I wanted to mention wolf to see what he’d say.
MisterSinister
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by MisterSinister »

Bono Nettencourt wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:34 pm
Fletch wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:44 pm
I agree. Weird (really weird) that he supposedly doesn’t like ADKOT. That’s the best thing he’s done or been involved with since 1986. He’ll never come close to being involved again in that type of rock stuff ever again (based on what he’s been putting out lately one song at at time).
Why do so many ppl here believe that ADKOT was a good record... they had to go back to the 77 demos because Eddie couldn't write anymore, and the one new song that they did put out sucked donkey balls. Dave and Al are absolutely right to bury it, and it speaks well of them for realizing that the bands' legacy is more important than squeezing a few more pennies from the worst non-Hagar/Cherone record that they made.
It’s the ultimate cut and paste album. Has small sections of songs that can be good, but is truly a disjointed effort.
What? It’s mostly old 70’s VH tunes they never put on albums with new lyrics!
veritas
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by veritas »

Metal Judge wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:48 pm Someone cliff note me here please…

Did Roth and Al both say somewhere that they do not like the album, ADKOT?
To be honest, I’ve never heard it before and when it came out I refused to listen to any song from it.
No Mike, NO Van Halen!
NO. DLR has never said he didn't like ADKOT.
He's simply stating, in response to Fatboy's whining, that there is no BUSINESS rationale for re-negotiating streaming rights for ADKOT because it was a flop.
And that Uncle Al agrees with him not to pay attorneys to draw up a deal where there is no revenue to be had from ADKOT.

That's all.
veritas
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by veritas »

daveg wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:40 am
BernieTaupson wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:17 am He was talking about Wolf’s albums being DOA right? VHND said he was talking about the Van Wolfgang albums.

I've only been half paying attention to this, but that's the impression I got. It is hard to decipher all of DLR's ramblings though

I think Dave would have left all of this alone, but Van Karen saying he was making it on his own is what set him off.
No, I'm pretty sure Dave was saying ADKOT was dead on arrival and a flop, and that's the reason he (and Al, apparently) don't want to pay the attorneys' fees to set up a new streaming deal that will bring zero revenue.
He's bitchslapping the Fatboy on the business economics 101, because Fatboy was implying Dave is quashing the new streaming deal because he doesn't like the album or is otherwise out to get the Fat One.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

Nobody wanted Spazzys opinion, but ofc he gave it:

https://people.com/sammy-hagar-reacts-d ... sy-8558901
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

Playboyliquor59 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:47 pm My girlfriend lives down the street from Dave and we went to an estate sale at a neighbors house last Sunday and he was browsing around for records in the garage/guest house situation….lady was 95 and moving into an assisted living and had tons of books and and everything else you could imagine. I’m sure he knew the family. I’ve met him him before but wasn’t going to be that guy..but I wanted to mention wolf to see what he’d say.
Weak man, you should have told him to start referring to him as Wolfgünt! That could have been your contribution to rock!
Love_Industry
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Love_Industry »

MisterSinister wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:53 pm
Bono Nettencourt wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:34 pm

Why do so many ppl here believe that ADKOT was a good record... they had to go back to the 77 demos because Eddie couldn't write anymore, and the one new song that they did put out sucked donkey balls. Dave and Al are absolutely right to bury it, and it speaks well of them for realizing that the bands' legacy is more important than squeezing a few more pennies from the worst non-Hagar/Cherone record that they made.
What? It’s mostly old 70’s VH tunes they never put on albums with new lyrics!
The biggest problem with ADKOT is the mix. There's too much of everything and nothing stands out.
The album needs a remix to make it sound more like 70s VH or at least 1984.
LitaStrauss
Learning KISS Riffs

Post by LitaStrauss »

I know several people who are/were the only child... half turn out great, and half turn out like Wolfie.

$tEvil
So 50% were cool and 50% weren't. That's a really convincing stat you have there! You really proved your point. :lol:

I happen to know people who had brothers and sisters and oddly enough, have of them were cool and half of them were idiots. I think we're onto something!
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

Prediction:

At some point, with prodding from his wife (and maybe his mom), Wolfie will have a "come to Jesus " moment.
He will lose the black clothing, and will wear a white robe. Whenever he writes or performs a song about his "father," it won't be about EVH anymore.

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
veritas
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by veritas »

It's absolutely shocking to me that The Fat One hasn't yet responded on X or twitter or whatever with some meltdown....

It suggests that he may be a little nervous of DLR and can't really match wits to wits?
kanister
Headlining Clubs

Post by kanister »

BernieTaupson wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:59 pm
Bono Nettencourt wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:34 pm Why do so many ppl here believe that ADKOT was a good record... they had to go back to the 77 demos because Eddie couldn't write anymore, and the one new song that they did put out sucked donkey balls.
Where are you getting “the one new song” from?

Songs that weren’t based on 70s or 80s demos :

You And Your Blues
As Is
Chinatown
Honeybabysweetiedoll
The Trouble With Never
Stay Frosty
This pretty much means all THE BEST songs were newly written. Trouble With Never is the only dud here.

Maybe Bernie was referring to Tattoo? That one had ok verses, excellent bridge (or pre-chorus if you wish) and a let down chorus. Maybe they had this one classic one word VH choruses (Jump, Panama) in mind but failed. The keyboard sound was awful on Tattoo.
Z28
Headlining Clubs

Post by Z28 »

Dave is 95% VH
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

veritas wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:24 am It's absolutely shocking to me that The Fat One hasn't yet responded on X or twitter or whatever with some meltdown....

It suggests that he may be a little nervous of DLR and can't really match wits to wits?
Not only that, Dave seems to have a bitch list a mile long.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.