Are there any rockers left that are still considered to be A-list celebrities?

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

maninblack
MSX Tour Support Act

Are there any rockers left that are still considered to be A-list celebrities?

Post by maninblack »

Other than Peter Criss I cant think of any.
pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: Are there any rockers left that are still considered to be A-list celebrities?

Post by pieceofme »

You would think showbiz Jovi turning into a lesbian women would help his stock in today's climate. But I don't think he would be considered 'a' list these days amongst the younger generation.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
maninblack
MSX Tour Support Act

Re: Are there any rockers left that are still considered to be A-list celebrities?

Post by maninblack »

pieceofme wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:32 pm You would think showbiz Jovi turning into a lesbian women would help his stock in today's climate. But I don't think he would be considered 'a' list these days amongst the younger generation.
I thought he used gender-neutral toilets.
TooOldToCare
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by TooOldToCare »

I assume you're talking about the 70s and 80s era. I typically draw blanks going through my mental Rolodex. None that come to mind. Even guys like Plant, the two living Beatles who continued through those years, and other once legendary guys, I can't consider them A-list any longer. I'm sure someone will come up with a name.
Turner Coates
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Turner Coates »

Ringo
Jagger

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
BDG135
Platinum Artist

Post by BDG135 »

I think the last time they were considered B-list celebrities was about 20 years ago on VH1 with Bret.
Not everybody is on MetalShit.com and Blabberface fuckin’ dot net! Who cares? There’s such a small amount of people that do that. - Blotz
Brainy Lane
Recording Debut Album

Post by Brainy Lane »

Dave Grohl maybe?
TooOldToCare

Post by TooOldToCare »

Turner Coates wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:57 pm Ringo
Jagger
They may be A when it comes to getting a table at a restaurant, but to the general public, they may only appeal to Beatles and Stones fans. I'm not a Swiftie, but she is A right now. I would have said Bieber 5 years ago, but he's dropped lately as far as today's "pop stars."

I wonder if the question is even valid in music. Music seems more like a niche entertainment field. If you're a fan, they're A. If not, they're less than.

In film, even old dusty actors can still be A list: DeNiro, Pacino, then you've got your Pitts and Decaprios, etc.
maninblack
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by maninblack »

Yep jagger is A-list. Also Mcartney. What about King Diamond or that guy out of Anvil?
maninblack
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by maninblack »

Eddie Van Halen possibly would have been.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Brainy Lane wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 2:05 pm Dave Grohl maybe?
Not the worst answer for a rock star.

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Singer of Spread Eagle tonight
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

I tried to see who’s hosting SNL tonight. I couldn’t even begin to pronounce their name right much less even know who the fuck they are. How the fuck would I know? I would like to know if you’re going to keep this dumbshit going much longer or are you about pooped out?
Dyslexicheart
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Dyslexicheart »

Keith Fucking Richards.
MattleyCrue
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by MattleyCrue »

Axl Rose
Lars
Lenny Kravitz
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
JourneyRules
Passing Out Band Flyers

Post by JourneyRules »

MattleyCrue wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:05 pm Axl Rose
Lars
Lenny Kravitz
Slash is much more of a celebrity than Axl.
skinni
Having Slaughter Open for You

Post by skinni »

Steven Tyler
Joe Perry
Ozzy
Gilmore
GreatWhiteSnake
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

skinni wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:45 pm Gilmore
Happy?
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

GreatWhiteSnake wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:21 pm
skinni wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:45 pm Gilmore
Happy?
That is a better answer tbh

dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Do Elton, Rod, and McCartney count?
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
maninblack
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by maninblack »

dmbrocker wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:03 pm Do Elton, Rod, and McCartney count?
For me, I have never liked Elton John and certainly not Rod Stewart. I wouldnt go watching them if they were across the road and it was free.
SexxAtraxxion
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by SexxAtraxxion »

Paul McCartney
Mick Jagger
Roger Waters
Elton John
Bruce Springsteen
Bono
Bon Jovi
My music library at last.fm:
https://www.last.fm/user/JonathanHalen
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

MattleyCrue wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:05 pm Axl Rose
Lars
Lenny Kravitz
Who are three people who have never been in your kitchen?
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

Are there A list celebrity's anymore? PR machines & publicist make A list celebrity's. Paul, Ringo, Keith, etc...are icons.
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
TooOldToCare

Post by TooOldToCare »

If you Google the definition of an A-Lister, it is essentially about "bankability" and "notoriety." If you stick to '80s rockers, I say there are none. If you open the field to any musician whose name is recognized worldwide, you can come up with names. Even then, Jagger, McCartney, Starr, and Elton probably fit that definition, but as noted above, they are legends with a historical legacy. That is slightly different than A-List but in the same ballpark. Michael Jackson and Prince might fall into the legend category, but you can't be A-List if you aren't breathing.

Taylor Swift is absolutely/currently A-List. Will she become a legend? Probably not as ADHD as we are these days. She'll fade one day.
Tommy2Tone84

Post by Tommy2Tone84 »

I would say Metallica are A List.

Axl and Slash are A list. Duff is B List with the Miracle Man

Def Leppard might be A list

Elton, Stones, McCartney are A list

Dave Grohl is A list, so are Green Day love them or hate them

Taylor Swift isn’t rock neither was Bieber
TooOldToCare

Post by TooOldToCare »

Tommy2Tone84 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:45 am Taylor Swift isn’t rock neither was Bieber
Agreed. Just spit-balling names since we seemed to be stuck on only a small number of other musicians. This is just an example of what an A-list is.

I think the changes in the music industry have changed what is A-List overall these days. Bands that can fill a stadium may still not be A in the eyes of the world.

So, does A-List apply to specific geographies, or is it only worldwide?
DemonFilth2001

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

Billy Joel
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

DemonFilth2001 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:39 am Billy Joel
Nah. He's more like an old friend....or an old mailman.

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
TravisBicklesMohawk
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by TravisBicklesMohawk »

Ozzy.
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image