Rachel Bolan Says SKID ROW Will Re-record Sebastian Bach Era Classic Album With Erik Gronwall

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

superglide88
Headlining Clubs

Rachel Bolan Says SKID ROW Will Re-record Sebastian Bach Era Classic Album With Erik Gronwall

Post by superglide88 »

BIG NEWS! Rachel Bolan Says SKID ROW Will Re-record Sebastian Bach Era Classic Album With Erik Gronwall 😲😲

READ HERE: http://tinyurl.com/4pspca3b

Skid Row’s Rachel Bolan recently discussed with Jeremy White Show, where he said that he would re-record some tracks from the band’s ”Subhuman Race” with the new singer Erik Gronwall.

Bolan first discussed what went wrong while recording 1995’s album ”Subhuman Race”, the last Skid Row album featuring former singer Sebastian Bach:

“It was the beginning of the end for the band, pretty much… Even more than the beginning of the end. The band was falling apart. It was evident that this (”Subhuman Race”) was, probably, gonna be the last record that we do, but the songs were rushed; I shouldn’t say rushed because we had some cool stuff but they were really torn apart.”

If he is willing to re-record some tracks from the 1995 album, Bolan said:
“Man, we were just following the process that made it successful. Let’s just do it the same way. It happens with every band, it is what it is.

”I still like some of the songs on that record. I would love to rerecord a few of those songs with Eric.”
Vandermint wrote:At best, KISS is Alice Cooper for dumb people
eddie lee roth wrote:myself and members of my family could use some help but I'm supposed to help some fucker in a banana suit first.
Get the fuck out of here with this bullshit :!:
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: Rachel Bolan Says SKID ROW Will Re-record Sebastian Bach Era Classic Album With Erik Gronwall

Post by LAglamrocker »

The Gangs All Here in 1995!
This is why people laugh at hair metal! Thanks Nu Row!
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
Hair I Go Again
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Re: Rachel Bolan Says SKID ROW Will Re-record Sebastian Bach Era Classic Album With Erik Gronwall

Post by Hair I Go Again »

Seems like quite a stretch to go from "would love to" to "will"/"would"
GreatWhiteSnake
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

Better don't...
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by pieceofme »

Yeah I will stick to listening to the bach versions
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

WE want WE need
Nitro to record Wicked Wonderland for the fans!
Give us what WE want
Last edited by LAglamrocker on Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:54 am, edited 3 times in total.
SexxAtraxxion
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by SexxAtraxxion »

Bolan Is OBSESSED with Sebastian

Now he will re-record all the Bach songs because no one cares about their new stuff with the new singer.

"Slave to the Grind", "Wasted Time", "In A Darkened Room", etc.. Bach songs are more memorable
My music library at last.fm:
https://www.last.fm/user/JonathanHalen
Psychobolia.com
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas
Location: Paris, France, land of sleaze and cheese, wine and whine

Post by Psychobolia.com »

Re-recording songs with a new vocalist doesn't usually work so well.

Exodus re-recorded Bonded by Blood to shite reviews, Anthrax re-recorded Belladonna songs with Bush, I'm pretty sure that bombed too...

You can't erase Bach! Facts is facts, I won't listen to this crap...

On a related note, Scab Row announced in February 2023 that they were going to release a live album in 2023, where is it?! If they do release it, I'm guessing it's going to be 75% songs from the debut and Slave!
https://blabbermouth.net/news/skid-row- ... -this-year
Black Stuff
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Black Stuff »

Bach implosion in 3-2-1..... :lol:
The power of Sludge compels you.
SterileEyes1
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by SterileEyes1 »

They could always just send me that cash so long as they’re considering more or less lighting it on fire for the fun of it.
My Video Covers: https://www.youtube.com/@therealjeffstein/

"Diary Of A Madman"
"Aja"
"Atlas, Rise!"
“Sludge Factory”
"Locomotive"

My Original Music: https://jeffstein.bandcamp.com
superglide88
Headlining Clubs

Post by superglide88 »

Psychobolia.com wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:58 am Re-recording songs with a new vocalist doesn't usually work so well.

Exodus re-recorded Bonded by Blood to shite reviews, Anthrax re-recorded Belladonna songs with Bush, I'm pretty sure that bombed too...

You can't erase Bach! Facts is facts, I won't listen to this crap...

On a related note, Scab Row announced in February 2023 that they were going to release a live album in 2023, where is it?! If they do release it, I'm guessing it's going to be 75% songs from the debut and Slave!
https://blabbermouth.net/news/skid-row- ... -this-year
They should release a double album.
Skid your Illusion I: a selection of 10 classics re-recorded with Erik
Skid you Illusion II: live show 10-12 tracks
Or make it a bonus disc thing.
Bach would implode
Vandermint wrote:At best, KISS is Alice Cooper for dumb people
eddie lee roth wrote:myself and members of my family could use some help but I'm supposed to help some fucker in a banana suit first.
Get the fuck out of here with this bullshit :!:
Fat_Elvis
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Fat_Elvis »

Garbage album no matter who sings on it. One good song is "Into Another."
sirthx2
Doing 10 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by sirthx2 »

Skid Row records like most records of the time from Motley, RATT, Human League, The Fixx, are a product of the time. We love them because we remember what it was like cranking them while driving down PCH in the 80s. You can't re-create that for a new generation. It's gone. I get Taylor Swift re-recording her albums, because she still gets played and wanted her publishing back. No radio or streaming svc is going to play re-recorded Skid Row, so as mentioned above, it's lighting $$ on fire unless the entire objective is to fuck w/ Baz, in which case I'm all for it and will contribute to a kickstarter campaign.
Last edited by sirthx2 on Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Most rock journalism is people who can't write, interviewing people who can't talk, for people who can't read." - Frank Zappa

"If you don't like The Darkness, you suck at music listening." - Michelish circa 2021
daveg
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by daveg »

Why??? They've being saying for years Bach didn't write anything. Isn't that why bands usually re record stuff..
Blumpkin King
Headlining Clubs

Post by Blumpkin King »

This will sell 10's of albums. Good move Rachel. Way to waste your money.
Velvis

Post by Velvis »

Nobody cared in 1995.

It didn't sell then it's certainly not going to sell 30+ years later.

Just light the money on fire.
Wild Obsession
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Wild Obsession »

SexxAtraxxion wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:50 am Bolan Is OBSESSED with Sebastian

Now he will re-record all the Bach songs because no one cares about their new stuff with the new singer.

"Slave to the Grind", "Wasted Time", "In A Darkened Room", etc.. Bach songs are more memorable
This ^ , yes Bach might be a pain in the ass, but It kills Bolan that nobody gives a shit about "his songs, his band".......... Skid Row is a faceless bar band without a commanding front-man, that's why Solinger and ZP didn't work. Bach was 99% of why they got signed, and also what separated Skid Row from Hericane Alice and Trouble Tribe. It only took them 20 years, but I think Bolan/Snake finally figured it out and got a front-man (Erik) who can sing the back catalog and has a personality.
With that being said, instead of re-recording songs nobody gave a shit about 30 years ago, they would be better off doing a live albums with maybe a few new studio songs added on. But this idea does sound like typical Bolan, one step forward, two steps back.........
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

EricRow SubHuman Race 2024 tour
Give US what WE want…all those songs start to finish!
Close with Youth Gone Wild!!!

Charge Amber Wild ..1.5 million to go on the tour as openers!!
DemonFilth2001
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

That album was fucking pure shit. Won't matter who the singer is. 100% filler.
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
Wednesday 13 Fan
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Wednesday 13 Fan »

I'd be fine with either of the first two albums, it wouldn't be a good look but nobody has to buy it if they don't want to. But why the fuck would it be Subhuman Race? What's the point, exactly?

More than likely they haven't been writing, and want to ride the momentum a bit longer. They should just put out a live album if they want to do something like this. Even the people who bought their latest album aren't going to buy this. I know I won't, and I loved the last one. Shit, do an EP of songs that weren't good enough the last time...anything is better than this.
PBFSUCKS

Post by PBFSUCKS »

I hope he’s just trolling Bach.
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

"Subhuman Race (Rachel's Version)"
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
DonJuanDeMarco
Headlining Clubs

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

DemonFilth2001 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:56 pm That album was fucking pure shit. Won't matter who the singer is. 100% filler.
I assumed it would be the debut album and I was immediately pissed! :)

It doesn't bother me as much if they wanted to re-record some Subhuman Race songs. Even the production on that album sucked. It was very UN-Bob Rock sounding. You never know. Erik might help with arrangements and find a couple good ones in there after all. I always thought Breakin Down had the most potential.
"You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"
BDG135
Platinum Artist

Post by BDG135 »

They just need to re-record the hits and they have enough room for Subhuman Race stuff.
Not everybody is on MetalShit.com and Blabberface fuckin’ dot net! Who cares? There’s such a small amount of people that do that. - Blotz
Anthrax442
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Anthrax442 »

Psychobolia.com wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:58 am Re-recording songs with a new vocalist doesn't usually work so well.

I wouldn't say bombed, because I don't think it had high expectations to begin with. It sold to the same people that bought We've Come For You All, which was...no one. They probably won't admin it, but It was a contractual obligation album, as the band was about to get Belladonna back, due to the fact that at that point, they down to playing clubs with Bush.

It's too bad, because it's a fantastic, raw recording of those tracks done live in the studio, and Bush did his absolute best with songs selected by the fans. It's just that it only had a very SELECT audience to begin with.

I think the Skid Row guys know better than to re-record an entire studio album with Erik. However, I could see them doing an album like Warrant's Greatest and Latest, with Erik singing a greatest hits lineup.
MurrayFiend wrote:Shit, deathcurse, you sure know how to make an exit.
Wednesday 13 Fan
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Wednesday 13 Fan »

sirthx2 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:00 pm Skid Row records like most records of the time from Motley, RATT, Human League, The Fixx, are a product of the time. We love them because we remember what it was like cranking them while driving down PCH in the 80s. You can't re-create that for a new generation. It's gone. I get Taylor Swift re-recording her albums, because she still gets played and wanted her publishing back. No radio or streaming svc is going to play re-recorded Skid Row, so as mentioned above, it's lighting $$ on fire unless the entire objective is to fuck w/ Baz, in which case I'm all for it and will contribute to a kickstarter campaign.
If they wanted to fuck with Baz, I figure they'd do one of the first two.

This is probably one of those "too cool to like your most popular albums" things.