Ace Frehley Says He Might Have Inspired Eddie Van Halen to Start Tapping: 'He Probably Got Some Ideas From Me'

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

maninblack
MSX Tour Support Act

Ace Frehley Says He Might Have Inspired Eddie Van Halen to Start Tapping: 'He Probably Got Some Ideas From Me'

Post by maninblack »

"Before Van Halen became famous, Gene [Simmons] discovered them. But all I can tell you is when I was doing my guitar solo at Madison Square Garden before they became famous, Eddie was down in the pit watching every fucking move I made."

Link

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/ge ... om_me.html
Turner Coates
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: Ace Frehley Says He Might Have Inspired Eddie Van Halen to Start Tapping: 'He Probably Got Some Ideas From Me'

Post by Turner Coates »

He's right about Gene and Paul being embarrassed. I'm embarrassed too, and I was never even a fan.
Ace makes Ozzy look like Steven Hawking.
If the whole world was one big party, he'd be the guy with his wiener in the punch bowl, not because he thought it was funny, but because he thought it was a urinal.

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
maninblack
MSX Tour Support Act

Re: Ace Frehley Says He Might Have Inspired Eddie Van Halen to Start Tapping: 'He Probably Got Some Ideas From Me'

Post by maninblack »

KISS arent answering any of Aces comments, and they must have seen them.
Zabooka
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Zabooka »

Mojo
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Mojo »

Eddie specifically said he say Page do it first. Van Halen was also a big Brian May fan, and Brian was tapping at least as early as Frehley was. I'd say it's more likely that he "got some ideas" from May than he did Frehley.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
Zinny
Headlining Clubs

Post by Zinny »

Ace showed Eddie how not to play…