R.I.P. Mojo Nixon

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

R.I.P. Mojo Nixon

Post by dmbrocker »

He's hanging out with Elvis and Debbie Gibson's two-headed lovechild in the afterlife now. At least our Mojo is still alive:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/mo ... r-BB1hWOL6
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Dyslexicheart
Debut Album Goes Gold

Re: R.I.P. Mojo Nixon

Post by Dyslexicheart »

Oh no, not Mojo! Saw him a few times, and back in the old days with Skid Roper. Always a fun show! RIP
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

dmbrocker wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:13 pm He's hanging out with Elvis and Debbie Gibson's two-headed lovechild in the afterlife now. At least our Mojo is still alive:

For a worrying split second thought it was our mojo and one of those damn prisoners had finally got to him.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

pieceofme wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:54 pm
dmbrocker wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:13 pm He's hanging out with Elvis and Debbie Gibson's two-headed lovechild in the afterlife now. At least our Mojo is still alive:

For a worrying split second thought it was our mojo and one of those damn prisoners had finally got to him.
Yeah, the last sentence of my post was meant to clear up any confusion that the title might have caused.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Turner Coates
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Turner Coates »

Don Henley wins.

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
gtshark1
Headlining Clubs

Post by gtshark1 »

Only know him as a DJ on Outlaw Country. Didn't listen much to his show/banter but his call of "Outlaaaaaaw Country!" before each song was unique.
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Yea was definitely wrong Mojo
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
Traxan
Headlining Clubs

Post by Traxan »

I love the album he made with Jello Biafra.
Wednesday 13 Fan
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Wednesday 13 Fan »

Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

Turner Coates wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:19 pm Don Henley wins.
I wonder if he'll comment.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
Gibsonite
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Gibsonite »

Bono Nettencourt wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:33 am
https://bestclassicbands.com/mojo-nixon ... ey-8-2-15/

During a visit to Austin, TX to lend his support to a local environmental issue, Don Henley showed he has a sense of humor about himself and those who may mock him.

It all began with a number on roots rock singer-songwriter Mojo Nixon‘s 1990 album, Otis, that is titled “Don Henley Must Die.” It begins with the lines: “He’s a tortured artist/Used to be in the Eagles/Now he whines/Like a wounded beagle/Poet of despair!/Pumped up with hot air!/He’s serious, pretentious/And I just don’t care.”

It turned out that on August 2, 1992*, Nixon was also in the capital of Texas, performing on his 35th birthday with his band the Toadliquors at The Hole in the Wall, a small music club just across the street from the University of Texas campus. Much to his surprise, Henley showed up and jumped onstage, joining in on the chorus: “Don Henley must die, don’t let him get back together with Glenn Frey!”

As Nixon, a longtime host on SiriusXM’s Outlaw Country channel, later recalled, “So I said, ‘Whaddya want? You wanna fight? You wanna debate?’ And he said, ‘I want to sing the song, especially the part about not getting together with Glenn Frey.'” He did, and the crowd went wild. “To quote my drummer, he must’ve had balls bigger than church bells to do that.”
Danzig in the Dark

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

If your cemetery ain't got Mojo Nixon, then it could use some fixin'.
ImageImage
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

Gibsonite wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:51 am
Bono Nettencourt wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:33 am
https://bestclassicbands.com/mojo-nixon ... ey-8-2-15/

During a visit to Austin, TX to lend his support to a local environmental issue, Don Henley showed he has a sense of humor about himself and those who may mock him.

It all began with a number on roots rock singer-songwriter Mojo Nixon‘s 1990 album, Otis, that is titled “Don Henley Must Die.” It begins with the lines: “He’s a tortured artist/Used to be in the Eagles/Now he whines/Like a wounded beagle/Poet of despair!/Pumped up with hot air!/He’s serious, pretentious/And I just don’t care.”

It turned out that on August 2, 1992*, Nixon was also in the capital of Texas, performing on his 35th birthday with his band the Toadliquors at The Hole in the Wall, a small music club just across the street from the University of Texas campus. Much to his surprise, Henley showed up and jumped onstage, joining in on the chorus: “Don Henley must die, don’t let him get back together with Glenn Frey!”

As Nixon, a longtime host on SiriusXM’s Outlaw Country channel, later recalled, “So I said, ‘Whaddya want? You wanna fight? You wanna debate?’ And he said, ‘I want to sing the song, especially the part about not getting together with Glenn Frey.'” He did, and the crowd went wild. “To quote my drummer, he must’ve had balls bigger than church bells to do that.”
I meant now.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
exitflagger

Post by exitflagger »

R.I.P. to one of the last of the true rock and roll wild men.
ImageImage
Drunk Mazeraturd wrote: ...but hes going to run and hes going to win.