Jeff Pilson Slams Don Dokken Claim, "Desperate and Weak"

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Ozzy Stradlin
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Jeff Pilson Slams Don Dokken Claim, "Desperate and Weak"

Post by Ozzy Stradlin »

https://youtu.be/-FcTPQnBF90?si=I6pPWFDYE_Wle5DN

I’m inclined to take Jeff’s word for it.

Don is a Nikki Sixx-level bullshit artist.
RaceFan3
Debut Album Goes Gold

Re: Jeff Pilson Slams Don Dokken Claim, "Desperate and Weak"

Post by RaceFan3 »

Probably the closest you'll ever hear Jeff get almost angry or talk the tiniest amount of shit :D But he's right. Why Don keeps being a bitter old curmudgeon makes no sense, unless he's trying to drum up a little attention for his new album (which is actually quite good), before his next tour. Either way, Jeff has always been the most level-headed of that band and he's a helluva musician himself. The new Revolution Saints album came out the other day and it's really good too.
*I kinda want a new screenname. Seriously. I barely watch racing anymore. :x
Spongie
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Spongie »

Jeff’s an articulate and well reasoned guy.

Too bad he’s wasted in Foreigner.
RaceFan3
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by RaceFan3 »

Spongie wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:33 am Jeff’s an articulate and well reasoned guy.

It's a money maker for him though. Probably a pretty sizeable one too. They still draw big crowds and he's been with them for what, 20 years now?

On top of that, he's got a bunch of side gigs: A handful of albums with him and George, End Machine, Black Swan (who doesnt get nearly as much love as they should), Revolution Saints, and he produces all of them. Dude just doesnt stop.
Psychobolia.com
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas
Location: Paris, France, land of sleaze and cheese, wine and whine

Post by Psychobolia.com »

Spongie wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:33 am Jeff’s an articulate and well reasoned guy.

Shitfaced on booze or on other stuff?
Turner Coates
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Turner Coates »

Being in Foreigner may be his ticket into the Hall Of Fame.

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
woblinweebles
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by woblinweebles »

Turner Coates wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:20 pm

Being in Foreigner may be his ticket into the Hall Of Fame.
To the ceremony at least, but only the guys who were in the band in the 70s/early 80s are on the induction list.
Turner Coates
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Turner Coates »

woblinweebles wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:43 pm
Turner Coates wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:20 pm Being in Foreigner may be his ticket into the Hall Of Fame.
To the ceremony at least, but only the guys who were in the band in the 70s/early 80s are on the induction list.
Ahhh. I did not know that, but glad to hear it. Those are the guys who deserve it...the originators, not the replacements.
Just imagine how many people can (and do) claim they were in groups like The Drifters. There are hundreds of them.

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
TeslaFan
Recording Debut Album

Post by TeslaFan »

I’ve listened to a lot of Pilson interviews. He’s very intelligent and levelheaded. If he says greed and ego got in the way of Dokken’s success, then I believe him. Don says drugs hurt the cause, and he would be right about that too. I hope for one last album or tour but the odds look bad after this.
Just a regular guy who likes Metal
Van Ailin'
Headlining Clubs

Post by Van Ailin' »

TeslaFan wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:41 pm I’ve listened to a lot of Pilson interviews. He’s very intelligent and levelheaded. If he says greed and ego got in the way of Dokken’s success, then I believe him. Don says drugs hurt the cause, and he would be right about that too. I hope for one last album or tour but the odds look bad after this.
Intelligent and levelheaded is also how Tom Werman describes Jeff Pilson in his book.
RaceFan3
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by RaceFan3 »

Van Ailin' wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:22 am
TeslaFan wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:41 pm I’ve listened to a lot of Pilson interviews. He’s very intelligent and levelheaded. If he says greed and ego got in the way of Dokken’s success, then I believe him. Don says drugs hurt the cause, and he would be right about that too. I hope for one last album or tour but the odds look bad after this.
Intelligent and levelheaded is also how Tom Werman describes Jeff Pilson in his book.
How is that book? I see it's new, and am interested for sure (total sucker for behind the scenes stuff...Ken Callait's book on the making of Rumours was excellent).
Van Ailin'
Headlining Clubs

Post by Van Ailin' »

RaceFan3 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:51 pm
Van Ailin' wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:22 am
How is that book? I see it's new, and am interested for sure (total sucker for behind the scenes stuff...Ken Callait's book on the making of Rumours was excellent).
It's "just OK." I did enjoy, but Tom really didn't go deep enough. I wanted to know more about the producer years, and while he covered his whole career, major groups he worked with warranted a chapter at most (and often less). I will say that he had some pretty interesting remarks bout Ted Nugent (might surprise you), and there was some good sludge on Motley Crue, Twisted Sister, and Poison. Also some positive remarks, particularly about Poison. It was worth reading, but I also sold it after reading. Not one I'll keep in my collection.