Bands where no one are friends

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Anthrax442
Cockblocked by Poison

Re: Bands where no one are friends

Post by Anthrax442 »

SW wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:50 am
sunshinehead wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:28 am RHCP. Chad doesn’t know Flea.
Yeah, Anthony and Flea totally have loathed each other for last 45 years...
Can't tell if that's sarcasm or not, but Chad had an interview a few years ago where he mentioned that he didn't hang out with Flea, and that he'd only been to his house like twice or something like that.
MurrayFiend wrote:Shit, deathcurse, you sure know how to make an exit.
Anthrax442
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Anthrax442 »

Sleek wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:38 pm RATT were pretty meh about each other as well. I think there were groups within the band that liked each other, but in general, they didn't seem to enjoy each other's company. IIRC, at least Pearcy and Blotzer had their own backstage rooms.
Based on social media, Pearcy seems to miss Robbin a lot. Or at least, he goes out of his way to mention him a lot more than the others, but who knows, maybe that's just because he's not around anymore.
MurrayFiend wrote:Shit, deathcurse, you sure know how to make an exit.
SW
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by SW »

Anthrax442 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:17 am
SW wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:50 am
Yeah, Anthony and Flea totally have loathed each other for last 45 years...
Can't tell if that's sarcasm or not, but Chad had an interview a few years ago where he mentioned that he didn't hang out with Flea, and that he'd only been to his house like twice or something like that.
Of course it was sarcasm as I was talking about Kiedis and Flea. If the question is 'no one are friends' Peppers is maybe worst option one can pick.
sunshinehead

Post by sunshinehead »

Tommy wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:53 pm
Seems tough both being the rhythm in that band.
True doh, Chad has said he’s never got to know Flea besides playing drums for him.
dweezil
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by dweezil »

Bono Nettencourt wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:26 am Another obvious one, their biggest record was about how they all hated each other because they were all screwing each other. Stevie Nicks had zero talent but she fucked the right people to help get her songs written. See also Courtney Love and Sheryl Crow.
Definitely agree about Courtney Love.
Disagree about Sheryl Crow.
You can listen to my two albums here.... Sludge away, fuckers!

http://easeintothenoise.bandcamp.com
Kerry67
Recording Debut Album

Post by Kerry67 »

Does anyone remember some show where Tommy & Vince ran into each other in Vegas and you could just feel/see the tension between them? Clearly, I would say they are not friends now. Tommy just realizes the money is too good and Vince probably the same.
maninblack
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by maninblack »

risingfarce wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:45 pm
JamesHetfieldsAcneScars wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:05 pm The Police. Or am i wrong?
Correct.

Drummer used to beat up the singer/bassist.
Well thats not true, sting twatted the drummer many times.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

dweezil wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:19 am
Bono Nettencourt wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:26 am Another obvious one, their biggest record was about how they all hated each other because they were all screwing each other. Stevie Nicks had zero talent but she fucked the right people to help get her songs written. See also Courtney Love and Sheryl Crow.
Those Tuesday Night Music Club guys basically wrote her 1st album for her and got 0 credit other than the title.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by HueyRamone »

Kerry67 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:24 am Does anyone remember some show where Tommy & Vince ran into each other in Vegas and you could just feel/see the tension between them? Clearly, I would say they are not friends now. Tommy just realizes the money is too good and Vince probably the same.
Yeah, and that show was over 20 years ago. They brolly hated each other for at least a decade prior and 20 more years after that, and still have to keep working together.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
dweezil
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by dweezil »

Bono Nettencourt wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:11 am
Those Tuesday Night Music Club guys basically wrote her 1st album for her and got 0 credit other than the title.
Point given.
But they did get credit... when the publishing started rolling in.

Sheryl Crow most definitely showed up on the second record.
Her second and third albums are her best.
You can listen to my two albums here.... Sludge away, fuckers!

http://easeintothenoise.bandcamp.com
CrankerBait

Post by CrankerBait »

Bono Nettencourt wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:11 am
Every song on Tuesday Night Music Club is credited to multiple writers. Don't know what the individual splits were, but it wasn't like they were snubbed on the credits. I guess that she's suggested over the years that she was the main writer of these songs, and I think that's maybe a slight exaggeration on her part. If you look at the songwriting credits for her albums, almost every single one is a co-write, more often than not with Jeff Trott.