Who was your 1st?

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Hellsinkey
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: Who was your 1st?

Post by Hellsinkey »

Queen- s/t
Tommy2Tone84
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Tommy2Tone84 »

Chip Z'Hoy wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:54 am David Lee Roth's Eat 'Em and Smile. I saw the "Yankee Rose" video and was like "Are you shitting me with this?" I thought it was the greatest thing. Steve Vai was SUPERHUMAN to me.

A little after that would've been Bon Jovi's Slippery When Wet and Stryper's To Hell with the Devil. (All cassettes. My parents thought vinyl records in 1986/1987 were a waste of money. :lol: )

I still think "Calling on You" is a pretty good song. :oops:
Chip, well done

Steve Vai is superhuman

SWW is 10/10

Stryper were cheesy but could play and write. COY was good, I was partial to Free. Haven’t listened to them in years.
Wednesday 13 Fan
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Wednesday 13 Fan »

Bono Nettencourt wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:14 pm
Wednesday 13 Fan wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:32 pm Defenders of the Faith....1994 but I stole that one so I'm not sure that counts.
From a store, or another person?
A friend and I would go car shopping after school and steal the jocks stuff. We didn't have anything against them, but they were the only ones still at the school. You would be surprised by how much metal was still in small town high schools, or at least that one in 1994.
Spongie
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Spongie »

Kinda hard to believe nobody’s claimed the Star Wars movie soundtrack yet. Step forward, dork.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

Wednesday 13 Fan wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:41 am
Bono Nettencourt wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:14 pm
Wednesday 13 Fan wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:32 pm Defenders of the Faith....1994 but I stole that one so I'm not sure that counts.
From a store, or another person?
A friend and I would go car shopping after school and steal the jocks stuff. We didn't have anything against them, but they were the only ones still at the school. You would be surprised by how much metal was still in small town high schools, or at least that one in 1994.
I was going to say that it mightve been tough finding a copy of that in a record store in 94.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
Sleek
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Sleek »

The U.S. Sweet single that had Ballroom Blitz on one side and Fox on the Run on the other.

So...I peaked early...
ROADHEAD wrote:I've never tasted coffee
HueyRamone wrote:I like Radio Gaga
HueyRamone wrote:QUIT FUCKING WITH MY SETLIST, ASSWIPE!

cc117
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by cc117 »

I got hand me down copies of KISS Alive! and Destroyer. The first new release I bought with my own money was Dynasty.
GreatWhiteSnake

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

Sleek wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:46 pm The U.S. Sweet single that had Ballroom Blitz on one side and Fox on the Run on the other.

So...I peaked early...
Greatest .45 ever?

My first handful of .45s included The Eagles -New Kid in Town/Victim of Love, ELO - Livin' Thing/Ma Ma Ma Belle, Barry Manilow - Weekend in New England/??, Rod Stewart - Tonight's The Night/??. FIrst LP was Yellow Brick Road...
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Angie Dickinson - Dressed to Kill
HottKarl777

Post by HottKarl777 »

Spongie wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:41 am Kinda hard to believe nobody’s claimed the Star Wars movie soundtrack yet. Step forward, dork.

I would be that dork. It was Stars Wars and Other Galactic Funk by Meco in 1977.
FreddyFender
Headlining Clubs

Post by FreddyFender »

One of those K-Tel compilation LPs with children's songs.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

eddie lee roth wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:04 pm Angie Dickinson - Dressed to Kill
That wasn't her.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
whiteowl yesterday

Post by whiteowl yesterday »

too many years and too many beers ago to remember my first.
"artist formerly known as midnighttoker"
St_Augustines_Pears
Headlining Clubs

Post by St_Augustines_Pears »

Quiet Riot's Metal Health
"Moving on, is a simple thing...what it leaves behind is hard. You know the sleeping feel no more pain...and the living are all scarred." -- Megadeth's "A Tout Le Monde"
bill_kir

Post by bill_kir »

first album i bought with my own money was Ktel's the Rock Album, still have it and still a solid track listing
CrankerBait

Post by CrankerBait »

Didn't need to get my own albums for a while because my parents had a great - combined, later separate - collection: The Beatles, Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Simon and Garfunkel, Bob Dylan, CSNY, Fleetwood Mac, Eagles, Stevie Wonder, Eric Clapton, Jimi Hendrix, Steely Dan, Joe Cocker, etc.

Started getting my own vinyl albums when I was around 10. American Fool and Toto IV were two of the first, but I can't remember the exact order. Synchronicity was my first cassette, quickly followed by Pyromania and Let's Dance. You can thank the Sony Walkman - a blue WM-4, I believe - for the change in format.
Van Ailin'
Headlining Clubs

Post by Van Ailin' »

Rocky III soundtrack with "Eye of the Tiger" as the lead track.
Metal Heart
Taking Music Lessons

Post by Metal Heart »

My first album was Partridge Family "Sound Magazine". I was 9 at the time. Then I was able to get "The Partridge Family Album" and "Up to Date." There are some really good 70's soft rock / pop songs on those Partridge albums. I still listen to them occasionally. Later I got into Linda Ronstadt and Eagles. My first hard rock album was "Toys in the Attic" because I loved "Walk This Way." It was on the radio every hour. Aerosmith propelled me into hard rock and metal.
"Life sucks, but in a beautiful kind of way." - Axl Rose