MORC 2024 ... A few notable changes happened this past few days, starting with TNT cancelling due to a VISA issue.

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

MetalSludgeCEO
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

MORC 2024 ... A few notable changes happened this past few days, starting with TNT cancelling due to a VISA issue.

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

I don't know a ton about TNT, other than Tony Harnell is their singer... until he quits, and then rejoins, and then they part ways again.

I don't even follow them, or know a song beyond "10,000 Lovers" but do recall they have some LA Guns issues... or had... correct?

The band has been back n' forth with some of their agreement, as to who is in the band, who is not, who quit, was fired, or rejoined.

Now it appears, they've pulled out, claiming a VISA issue for one of their members, and they weren't able to secure it in time?

For the record, and off the record... most of us bands, are told 12-18 months in advance, that we're being offered a slot on the cruise.

Not sure when they were offered their slot... but the announcements were close to a year ago, right?

No disrespect, but this is pretty much bad management, laziness or similar. How this wasn't resolved inside a year or more... is mind blowing.

In the end, it's on the band, their agent, and manager, or representatives. They should be able to make it happen and sort all that in a reasonable time frame.

Sadly... some bands try to take short-cuts (not saying this is what happened) or save money by going the cheap route in securing the needed VISA's to enter certain countries, and it always bites them in the ass.

I know we went to the U.K. a few times, and they're VERY strict on their VISA policies... and when we were about to do these runs, I recall bands and guys I know saying "They don't check... just tell them you're a tourist"... blah, blah, blah... lol... F#@king idiots... all of them!

TUFF went to the U.K. in 1991, 2003, and a few times after, again most recently in 2013... been there at least 5-6x... and you cannot F#@k with their system, if you try, you're a moron.

Same applies with trying to enter Canada,... while a VISA is not required to my knowledge, they are SUPER strict on their "arrest history" with in-coming musicians... which includes DUI's... I know of several bands who got turned away, because anywhere from 1-3 guys, had prior arrests, going back 20-30 years... and they were told "Sorry... go home!"

With that... any of these Euro bands, or others coming to the USA, for these cruises... I am not sure of what their individual requirements are... but... it appears TNT has pulled a LOUDNESS and will not be on the Cruise.

Bad Marriage, Tommy Skeoch's band (ex-Tesla) are their replacement.

I thought I heard another band pulled too... anyone know who?

$tEvil
MetalSludgeCEO

Re: MORC 2024 ... A few notable changes happened this past few days, starting with TNT cancelling due to a VISA issue.

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

I saw a reply from the MORC staff, that says Queenryche will be moving into TNT's Theater slot on Sat. March 2nd, day #1.

And... Bad Marriage, will be sliding into the "Studio B" slot, that was previously Queensryche.

There will be a few shuffles I am sure... there always is, and it's understood...

I mean, there are roughly 40 acts, and over 120 events over 5 days.

$tEvil
Fat_Elvis
Cockblocked by Poison

Re: MORC 2024 ... A few notable changes happened this past few days, starting with TNT cancelling due to a VISA issue.

Post by Fat_Elvis »

I think Loudness has missed more cruises than they've actually appeared on due to visa issues.
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Monsters Of Rock On Land is still the best option
Thursday Mrs Nitro does Lita MTV hits
Sunday - no boat sickness- just fun in the sun with some former Skidrow singer- some legendary Cathouse singer band- Rob Zombie brother- Island with sharks 🦈 and Enuff Z Nuff singer

Friday and Saturday just lounging on Malibu beach

I just need 3 activities for MOROL
hair metal
beach chair
The Nudie Bar

Probably going wear my new Nelson 2024 shirt all 4 days
Tony Danza coming to town this week maybe 2 days of his shirt and 2 days of Nelson 2024..I still got time to plan
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
Blotzer's Treehouse
Playing at a Friend's Party

Post by Blotzer's Treehouse »

From the TNT band facebook page:

To our amazing fans and all those attending the Monsters of Rock Cruise: we are heartbroken having to announce that unfortunately we will not be able to perform on the cruise this year. Our beloved guitar hero Ronni Le Tekro was unable to attain a visa in time for the cruise even with all the paperwork submitted well in advance. We’ve been checking every day for weeks and were promised a speedy delivery of his new visa, but sadly it seems that things got caught up in the system. We hope to see you soon in the U.S. or on a future cruise!
Tony, Ronni, Diesel and Sid - TNT

According to setlist.fm they last played in the US on the Monsters of Rock Cruise in 2013. Mostly they have played since then in Norway, occasionally in other places in Europe and a time or 2 in Japan in the last 10 years. Don't believe they have had any multiple versions of TNT like L.A. Guns. The main issue usually being Tony Harnell quitting and re-joining the band as he's American and the rest of the band Norwegian, making it difficult to do consistent business.
Wednesday 13 Fan
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Wednesday 13 Fan »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:55 pm I don't know a ton about TNT, other than Tony Harnell is their singer... until he quits, and then rejoins, and then they part ways again.

I don't even follow them, or know a song beyond "10,000 Lovers" but do recall they have some LA Guns issues... or had... correct?

The band has been back n' forth with some of their agreement, as to who is in the band, who is not, who quit, was fired, or rejoined.

Now it appears, they've pulled out, claiming a VISA issue for one of their members, and they weren't able to secure it in time?

For the record, and off the record... most of us bands, are told 12-18 months in advance, that we're being offered a slot on the cruise.

Not sure when they were offered their slot... but the announcements were close to a year ago, right?

No disrespect, but this is pretty much bad management, laziness or similar. How this wasn't resolved inside a year or more... is mind blowing.

In the end, it's on the band, their agent, and manager, or representatives. They should be able to make it happen and sort all that in a reasonable time frame.

Sadly... some bands try to take short-cuts (not saying this is what happened) or save money by going the cheap route in securing the needed VISA's to enter certain countries, and it always bites them in the ass.

I know we went to the U.K. a few times, and they're VERY strict on their VISA policies... and when we were about to do these runs, I recall bands and guys I know saying "They don't check... just tell them you're a tourist"... blah, blah, blah... lol... F#@king idiots... all of them!

TUFF went to the U.K. in 1991, 2003, and a few times after, again most recently in 2013... been there at least 5-6x... and you cannot F#@k with their system, if you try, you're a moron.

Same applies with trying to enter Canada,... while a VISA is not required to my knowledge, they are SUPER strict on their "arrest history" with in-coming musicians... which includes DUI's... I know of several bands who got turned away, because anywhere from 1-3 guys, had prior arrests, going back 20-30 years... and they were told "Sorry... go home!"

With that... any of these Euro bands, or others coming to the USA, for these cruises... I am not sure of what their individual requirements are... but... it appears TNT has pulled a LOUDNESS and will not be on the Cruise.

$tEvil
Does one or more have a criminal record that would make getting a visa become an issue?
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

Wednesday 13 Fan wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:06 am
MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:55 pm I don't know a ton about TNT, other than Tony Harnell is their singer... until he quits, and then rejoins, and then they part ways again.

$tEvil
Does one or more have a criminal record that would make getting a visa become an issue?

"""""""""""""Does one or more have a criminal record that would make getting a visa become an issue?"""""""""""""""

I am not entirely sure, what you are asking here???

If you are asking, "If you have a criminal record, can it prohibit you from getting a VISA?" my guess would be, yes. Depending on what the crime was.

When we (Tuff) went to Australia last year, for Glam Fest, the promoter submitted 'VISA forms' for us to fill out, for each member.

He also told us, "Please, note any and all criminal record, arrests and related background. This includes DUI's."

The promoter then emphasized, "Please do not lie, be honest." And in short, told me, "Even a DUI in Oz, is not going to be a huge deal, but... if someone lies about a simple DUI, and the Customs/Government find otherwise, the Red Flag immediately goes up, as to what else might this person be lying about and keeping from us."

In the end... without naming names... there were some past 'incidents' from 20-30 years ago in our group, that were noted, but in the end, all was well. Nothing horrific, no felonies, etc...

Another note... every country, as one would expect, is different than the next. Whether you are going there, or from there, and coming here.

$tEvil
MattleyCrue

Post by MattleyCrue »

Tony Harnell is annoying AF on Facebook
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

It was also previously announced, that Bang Tango would appear, but when the schedules were released, they were nowhere to be found.

Soon after, BT released a statement, that Joe Leste is still recovering after last year's stroke.

Hoping the best for him... I have always liked Joe and gotten along with him well!

$tEvil
Zinny
Headlining Clubs

Post by Zinny »

CrashDiet has changed singer. Again. Just in time for the cruise.
Wednesday 13 Fan

Post by Wednesday 13 Fan »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:45 am
Wednesday 13 Fan wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:06 am

$tEvil

"""""""""""""Does one or more have a criminal record that would make getting a visa become an issue?"""""""""""""""

I am not entirely sure, what you are asking here???

If you are asking, "If you have a criminal record, can it prohibit you from getting a VISA?" my guess would be, yes. Depending on what the crime was.

When we (Tuff) went to Australia last year, for Glam Fest, the promoter submitted 'VISA forms' for us to fill out, for each member.

He also told us, "Please, note any and all criminal record, arrests and related background. This includes DUI's."

The promoter then emphasized, "Please do not lie, be honest." And in short, told me, "Even a DUI in Oz, is not going to be a huge deal, but... if someone lies about a simple DUI, and the Customs/Government find otherwise, the Red Flag immediately goes up, as to what else might this person be lying about and keeping from us."

In the end... without naming names... there were some past 'incidents' from 20-30 years ago in our group, that were noted, but in the end, all was well. Nothing horrific, no felonies, etc...

Another note... every country, as one would expect, is different than the next. Whether you are going there, or from there, and coming here.

$tEvil

I wonder if that's what happened....one of them lied on the customs forms or had something serious come up on their criminal record.
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

If only the MORC was filled with hair metal musicians and scabs…someone from TNT can’t make it in 2024?..those TNT parts so complicated to play nobody can replace them on the cruise …band misses out on all those activities :cry:

Some Mr Enuff Z Nuff member doesn’t show at MOROL ..only I’m guessing 200 in the audience could fill in :lol:
Going be at least 85 former LA Guns in the crowd
Hair I Go Again
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Hair I Go Again »

I call bullshit on TNT, as you don't need a work visa to perform in int'l waters. Not sure why they'd single out Ronni as well, as even if they did apply for a visa, all of a group's members would have been listed on the same application (meaning, it's an all-for-one / one-for-all kind of situation).

The only drawback I can think of would be if they decided to go the visa route for whatever reason, got approved, but then Ronni didn't schedule an appointment at his local embassy in time to collect the actual paperwork/stamp/whatever. Even then, though, he shouldn't "need" a work visa to play a show that's technically outside of the USA.
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Traveling sounds like worthless hassle
When I eventually take my trip to Antarctica im never coming back. Hopefully i time it correctly with a few months left
keyofgee
Headlining Clubs

Post by keyofgee »

back in the late 80's some friends of ours went to Canada to play some booked dates in clubs. They had work visa's. the one place they were scheduled to be at for a week had the next week open up and asked them to stay. So, they stayed over and weren't where they were supposed to be. Their working visa's were pulled and they were shown to the border over it. Canada did not play.
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

Hair I Go Again wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:11 pm I call bullshit on TNT, as you don't need a work visa to perform in int'l waters.
So where would he fly into to get on the boat to head to international waters?
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
daveg
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by daveg »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:55 pm
This is something that is beyond stupid. Especially in todays world.

You won't let in someone who had a DUI decades earlier, but will let in thousands of migrants with no criminal checks, and don't offer anything right away to the economy. No to say they won't, but not initially.

The rock band, who are most likely now, professional musicians, and not a bunch of reckless kids with money to burn....are gonna help sell tickets and booze and whatnot to a venue... people will book hotels, cabs, restaurants etc.

For serious crimes, sure, but this is just a stupid practice.
Velvis
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Velvis »

Hair I Go Again wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:11 pm I call bullshit on TNT, as you don't need a work visa to perform in int'l waters. Not sure why they'd single out Ronni as well, as even if they did apply for a visa, all of a group's members would have been listed on the same application (meaning, it's an all-for-one / one-for-all kind of situation).

The only drawback I can think of would be if they decided to go the visa route for whatever reason, got approved, but then Ronni didn't schedule an appointment at his local embassy in time to collect the actual paperwork/stamp/whatever. Even then, though, he shouldn't "need" a work visa to play a show that's technically outside of the USA.
The boat boards in the USA and you would have to follow the laws of where the ship is registered (likely Bahamas.) once out to sea. It's not everything goes once you're in international waters.
Ozzy Stradlin

Post by Ozzy Stradlin »

I have it on very good authority that Harnell refused to play one of these cruises with Skid Row unless his “special meals” were helicoptered in, at someone else’s expense.

This was after he complained that they weren’t doing enough gigs & making enough money.
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

I heard Jack Russell was busted at the Canadian border for smuggling shit.

Lucky for him it was just his colostomy bag.
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

LAglamrocker wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:33 pm When I eventually take my trip to Antarctica im never coming back.
You'll love the beach. All you'll need are flip flops, tee shirts and shorts.

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
Wild Obsession
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Wild Obsession »

I thought Ronnie Le Tekro had zero interest in touring anywhere outside of wherever the fuck TNT is from, and that was the biggest reason why Tony Harnell has quit (multiple times).
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

MORC officially SOLD OUT!
Hire More Cashiers for Tuff merch!

Queensryche should be booked to play Titanic!..Jet City Iceberg
Lonely Lucy going be making the BIG bucks !!! SOLD OUT!

I want my last breath of air to be in Antarctica and future polar bear food in my pink Peppermint Creeps shirt
HoldenSSV
Playing at a Friend's Party

Post by HoldenSSV »

Wild Obsession wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:30 pm I thought Ronnie Le Tekro had zero interest in touring anywhere outside of wherever the fuck TNT is from, and that was the biggest reason why Tony Harnell has quit (multiple times).
This. I love TNT, and it's a shame because LeTekro is an absolute monster player. He just always seems to be a bit on the eccentric side.

FWIW, Tell No Tales and Intuition are must-haves. CEO needs to check them out.
"Copying off of one person is called plagiarism.
Copying off of ten people is called research."
Black Stuff
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Black Stuff »

HoldenSSV wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:47 am
Wild Obsession wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:30 pm I thought Ronnie Le Tekro had zero interest in touring anywhere outside of wherever the fuck TNT is from, and that was the biggest reason why Tony Harnell has quit (multiple times).
This. I love TNT, and it's a shame because LeTekro is an absolute monster player. He just always seems to be a bit on the eccentric side.

FWIW, Tell No Tales and Intuition are must-haves. CEO needs to check them out.
Totally agree. And they were announced last year before we disembarked, so all contracts were in place then. They F'd up big time. Some bands just keep shooting themselves in the foot.
The power of Sludge compels you.
VinnieVincentsVag
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by VinnieVincentsVag »

daveg wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:47 pm
but will let in thousands of migrants with no criminal checks
Now you went and did it.
120 pages easy.