GROUNDHOG DAY 2024 ... Crashdiet singer quits a week before the Monsters of Rock Cruise.

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

MetalSludgeCEO
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

GROUNDHOG DAY 2024 ... Crashdiet singer quits a week before the Monsters of Rock Cruise.

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

So... is anyone shocked?

This band and the singer issue... wow.

If my math is correct... this new guy will be singer #5?

And since I don't know every detail about who's on first... it appears the OG drummer has bailed too?

Also, the OG bassist (Peter London) who has missed years of gigs, with some health (back) issue, appears to have come back (no pun intended).

From their Facebook page...

------------------------------------------------

The time has come to enter the next chapter in the CRASHDÏET book of madness.

After much soul-searching, Gabriel has decided to leave the band to focus on other things in life.

We are shaken by his decision, but we respectfully wish him all the best in his future endeavors and thank him for the years he worked with us and his contribution to the last two studio albums.

Taking over the vocal duties will be none other than John Elliot. A good friend and excellent singer from the band Confess! He has the drive and the hunger to lead us into a promising future.

We also welcome Martin's brother, Michael, as the band's permanent drummer! He has stepped in for Eric on countless shows since 2011 and is a natural fit for us. Now that Peter is back and full of energy, we can proudly announce the lineup of CRASHDÏET in 2024:

John Elliot
Martin Sweet
Peter London
Michael Sweet

See you on the long and winding road!

//CRASHDÏET

After six remarkable years with CRASHDÏET I find myself at the end of this path, times change and it's time for me to change direction towards new challenges. I wanna thank all of you for the love, support, and memories that will forever be kept in the chamber of my pounding heart. I Love u all❤️

Goodbyes are never easy, especially this one. A big thanks to my brothers in Crashdiet for this crazy and wonderful ride!

We’ve shared a lot of great moments and some not as great as well (Hehe) and I will always be grateful that you gave me this opportunity❤️

I can assure you that the band will continue to deliver kick-ass shows and release great tunes! Especially with John Elliot behind the mic! Give him a well-deserved welcome and give the guys the support they need through these times of change! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

// Gabriel

Upcoming shows 2024:
MARCH 02-07 Monster of Rock Cruise, Miami, USA
MAY 10 Nordic Noise, Copenhagen, Denmark
MAY 11 WildFest, Belgium
AUG 10 Firevolt festival, U.K
AUG 30 Rethymno Rocks, Greece
SEP 05 Tampere, Finland
SEP 06 Turko, Finland
SEP 07 Helsinki Finland
SEP 13 Sinner Rock, Altengronau, Germany
SEP 14 Alvik Rock in Norway
-----------------------------------------

$ludge
skinni
Having Slaughter Open for You

Re: GROUNDHOG DAY 2024 ... Crashdiet singer quits a week before the Monsters of Rock Cruise.

Post by skinni »

Good to see that it's an amicable split

We don't need a second Crashdiet
greengoblinrulz
Headlining Clubs

Re: GROUNDHOG DAY 2024 ... Crashdiet singer quits a week before the Monsters of Rock Cruise.

Post by greengoblinrulz »

Some of our buddies who are way into the Swedish band scene say they've known for sometime about this but only announced it now for some reason.
I dont know any of em or what they look like but do like the music. They could just have 4 randoms up there & wouldnt know any difference
Nobodyspecial
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by Nobodyspecial »

No clue who this band is, I've never heard a single song, and don't plan on looking them up either.
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

In other news handsome stranger bangs widow.