ACE FREHLEY 'I Don't Understand What's Happening, But Something's Happening'

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

maninblack
MSX Tour Support Act

ACE FREHLEY 'I Don't Understand What's Happening, But Something's Happening'

Post by maninblack »

"My new single just went through the roof. I couldn't believe the amount of hits it had on YouTube, over a million Spotify. My buttocks are exploding with delight ".

link

https://blabbermouth.net/news/ace-frehl ... -happening
kwf
Headlining Clubs

Re: ACE FREHLEY 'I Don't Understand What's Happening, But Something's Happening'

Post by kwf »

maninblack wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:31 am "My new single just went through the roof. I couldn't believe the amount of hits it had on YouTube, over a million Spotify. My buttocks are exploding with delight ".

link

First day non-purchase.
Total Package
maninblack
MSX Tour Support Act

Re: ACE FREHLEY 'I Don't Understand What's Happening, But Something's Happening'

Post by maninblack »

kwf wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:46 am
maninblack wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:31 am "My new single just went through the roof. I couldn't believe the amount of hits it had on YouTube, over a million Spotify. My buttocks are exploding with delight ".

link

First day non-purchase.
Its number 1 in Jendell.
BernieTaupson
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by BernieTaupson »

How has he got a fiancée when he’s still married to Jeanette since 1976?
Turner Coates
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Turner Coates »

Paul wept.

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
PBFSUCKS
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by PBFSUCKS »

link

Ace must not realize we can see the amount of plays that the songs have. It’s a respectable amount but less than half of a million!

Btw, Steve Brown looks fucking ridiculous. Is he half Jersey shore half Kardashian?
Whatever Happened To…
Headlining Clubs

Post by Whatever Happened To… »

What's happening is your social media manager is paying for clicks and views, or rather, you are.
maninblack
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by maninblack »

BernieTaupson wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:30 am How has he got a fiancée when he’s still married to Jeanette since 1976?
He has no idea that you are only allowed one family. He thinks you can have as many as you can afford, like cars and houses.
Van Ailin'
Headlining Clubs

Post by Van Ailin' »

So it's just like old times with Paul . . .
kingbrian74

Post by kingbrian74 »

He refers to "his fiancé's step-kids".....please explain.

If she is engaged to Ace, then presumably she is divorced from the her prior husband, which is where the step-kids would come from, correct?

So, they would no longer be step-kids.

I get people call close family friends uncle or aunt frequently enough.....but if she refers to them as step-kids and not kids....then it just seems odd that she would still refer to them this way.
jetboy
Picking a Band Name

Post by jetboy »

BernieTaupson wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:30 am How has he got a fiancée when he’s still married to Jeanette since 1976?
He's mental. He also thought he won a Grammy.
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

When in fact he looks like a Granny.
TooOldToCare
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by TooOldToCare »

I'm listening to the entire album now. My opinions:

A lot of studio magic. Maybe a lot of splicing pieces together.
I don't think Ace plays much on it. It's in his style but way too fluid for 2024 Ace.
Pitch correction or something like that. It's Ace's voice, but it is always on pitch in an Ace way.
I can listen to it front to back, but it is forgettable. I'll probably never listen to it again.
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

Yeah totally agree. Enjoyed listening to every song through once for a novelty. Never have to hear anything again. Nothing made me think “gee that’s a good song”. Autotuned and brickwalled to shit. You can tell at least one of the main solos isn’t even him, and a few of the intro/outro ones. All the ones that sound like shit are Ace. He ran out of ideas in the 80s.
TravisBicklesMohawk
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by TravisBicklesMohawk »

Why is everybody hating on this?

Ace has a hit song. So fucking what? Leave him alone and let him enjoy.

And I think Cherry Medicine would be a huge hit for him too.
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
Silentbutdeadly
Passing Out Band Flyers

Post by Silentbutdeadly »

That headline; “I don’t know what’s happening, but something’s happening” taken literally, might be the most accurate thing Ace has ever said! I have only heard 10,000 Volts and Walkin On The Moon. Pitch-corrected big time, brickwalled, and I’m willing to bet Ace didn’t play the main lick on Walkin On The Moon; it’s far too fluid and smooth to be Ace.