Serious question: how is fentanyl used?

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Spongie
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Serious question: how is fentanyl used?

Post by Spongie »

Does anyone use it voluntarily? Or is it just an unexpected surprise filler in drugs that people choose to use?

The way this stuff is talked about, you’d think it’s nuclear waste… which then begs the question “how is it getting into people’s bodies?”

I really have no idea. Is it willfully used recreationally? What’s the desired effect?
FreddyFender
Headlining Clubs

Re: Serious question: how is fentanyl used?

Post by FreddyFender »

It's an opioid. Like Heroine. 500x more powerful than heroine. Basically a nearly microscopic amount of it will get you fucked out of your mind.

The problem is that because smaller amounts = way cheaper and easier to produce, illegal drug manufacturers are making counterfeit-pain pills and even cutting cocaine and to a weak form and then just putting some fentanyl in it. Because these are far from professional chemists, the strength is all over the place and taking what is even a single pill or tiny amount of cocaine, which might barely get you high if it was real, can fucking kill you if its got fentanyl in it. Examples from the DEAs website.

-In January, a 28-year-old smoked a powdery substance given to him by a friend. His mother found him unresponsive in the living room of her home. He was pronounced dead from a fentanyl overdose.
-In February, a 20-year-old suffering from anxiety, consumed a counterfeit oxycodone pill before going to bed. His roommates found him dead in the morning from a fentanyl overdose.
-In May, a 19-year-old purchased two Percocets from a friend. He consumed both pills and subsequently died from an overdose. He had fentanyl in his system at the time of his death.

If you use cocaine nowadays, you have to buy fentanyl tests strips to test it. Numerous actors and actresses, I think some posted about here, died from an OD where they were snorting cocaine but it had fentanyl in it.

Prince was addicted to a painkiller called oxycodone when he died, but he didn't have it in his system. He had fentanyl in him. He bought counterfeit oxys, took what he would usually take, and it killed him on the spot.
Mojo
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Mojo »

It is absolutely used recreationally. Whereas it used to be a filler in coke and heroin to make both of those things cheaper, it's used by itself with much more frequency, now.
It's much cheaper and way stronger than other opioids like heroin, so a little goes a long way. They mostly smoke it. I deal with this fucking shit every day. A lethal dose of this stuff can fit on the tip of a sharpened pencil, so it's impossible to find on an inmate. The amounts of it used are so small that you can hide it practically anywhere and you won't find it. It absorbs through the skin, it can get into the air, etc. It's seriously scary shit. We've had officers hospitalized just from doing a cell search and accidentally breathing it in.

The even more fun thing is that there's a new version coming out of Canadian pharmacies that is 25 times stronger than fentanyl. It's just starting to make its way onto the streets in the US. So that'll be great.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
keyofgee
Headlining Clubs

Post by keyofgee »

I have 1 friend that uses it legally and has to wear a fent pain patch 24/7 for chronic pain.
Every one else buying weed and other illegals on the street are playing a losing game. A guy I worked with, he and his friend decided to do herion. They were found sitting on the couch. both dead. One of them still had the tv remote in his hand. They had bought herion laced with fent. and went to permanent sleep.
Another friend is now raising his grandchildren. Their dad smoked pot occasionally. While his kids where away, he was found dead at the kitchen table. Only thing in his system was thc and fent. He had purchased some weed laced.
I know its crazy and users and addicts are taking a chance but I feel like the dealers should be charged with murder.
I was in Louisville KY the other day. They have billboards up of young people that have died of fent. It's an epidemic.
Rocker4Real
Opening Act in Local Bars

Post by Rocker4Real »

Dealers in China will give you recommendations on the right powder to use.
Spongie

Post by Spongie »

WOW 😳. Scary stuff.

As far as cutting coke with it, wouldn’t an opioid have the opposite effect of euphoria? I can see cutting heroine, but coke is a head scratcher.
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

Spongie wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:17 am As far as cutting coke with it, wouldn’t an opioid have the opposite effect of euphoria? I can see cutting heroine, but coke is a head scratcher.
It’s white and it’s cheap. The producers don’t care what the high is like, they care about selling the product. The buyers won’t know until after they’ve given their money.
Image Image
Spongie

Post by Spongie »

Mojo wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:28 am
Spongie wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:17 am As far as cutting coke with it, wouldn’t an opioid have the opposite effect of euphoria? I can see cutting heroine, but coke is a head scratcher.
It’s white and it’s cheap. The producers don’t care what the high is like, they care about selling the product. The buyers won’t know until after they’ve given their money.
I’m no chemist, but flour is also white and cheap… and it won’t kill your customer base. That’s what I can’t figure out… why kill the golden goose? UNLESS… there are soooo many golden geese that demand will never dry up.
Grendel
Headlining Clubs

Post by Grendel »

Dumb question - if it "works" in such small amounts, how does one lace weed with it? I would think that it would be like putting one grain of sugar in a quarter ounce bag.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Learn the concept of keep your mouth shut or you will remained foed.
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

Mojo wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:39 am It is absolutely used recreationally. Whereas it used to be a filler in coke and heroin to make both of those things cheaper, it's used by itself with much more frequency, now.
It's much cheaper and way stronger than other opioids like heroin, so a little goes a long way. They mostly smoke it. I deal with this fucking shit every day. A lethal dose of this stuff can fit on the tip of a sharpened pencil, so it's impossible to find on an inmate. The amounts of it used are so small that you can hide it practically anywhere and you won't find it. It absorbs through the skin, it can get into the air, etc. It's seriously scary shit. We've had officers hospitalized just from doing a cell search and accidentally breathing it in.

The even more fun thing is that there's a new version coming out of Canadian pharmacies that is 25 times stronger than fentanyl. It's just starting to make its way onto the streets in the US. So that'll be great.
I know you are the one actually dealing with it and not me, so I dont want to sound like a know it all, but I have heard a lot about cops making "skin contact" a thing, where they smell it or touch it and go into convulsions and medical people have said that that's not a thing, the cops are having panic attacks. And the news media jump on it as well, because having a terror drug that can kill you just by touching it is good for views.

https://www.npr.org/2023/05/16/11757266 ... nformation

But like i said, you're the one with the eyewitness experience. What are your thoughts on the "cops and skin" stuff.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
thechefs2003
Forming a Band

Post by thechefs2003 »

Great question. Didn't know they were putting it in weed now. As for the dealers, it seems like bad business to kill off your customers...
Bair Hand
OMG STONER! LOOK AT ME!

Post by Bair Hand »

FreddyFender wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:31 am -In February, a 20-year-old suffering from anxiety, consumed a counterfeit oxycodone pill before going to bed. His roommates found him dead in the morning from a fentanyl overdose.
This is exactly what happened to my son back in April. It was a long battle that ended just like this when he was only 23. He suffered from depression and horrible anxiety that snowballed into substance abuse. Unfortunately, the 'roommates' that found him were his grandparents.
keyofgee wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:08 am I know its crazy and users and addicts are taking a chance but I feel like the dealers should be charged with murder.
We might have to appear in court when the dealer that sold to my son goes to trial. They are trying to give him 20 years.
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

Spongie wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:37 am UNLESS… there are soooo many golden geese that demand will never dry up.
I think that's a huge part of it. With cheaper drugs comes more people able to buy them. Vicious cycle. I doubt that people buying this shit truly care or are even able to tell that the high isn't exactly right.
HueyRamone wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:11 am I know you are the one actually dealing with it and not me, so I dont want to sound like a know it all, but I have heard a lot about cops making "skin contact" a thing, where they smell it or touch it and go into convulsions and medical people have said that that's not a thing, the cops are having panic attacks. And the news media jump on it as well, because having a terror drug that can kill you just by touching it is good for views.

https://www.npr.org/2023/05/16/11757266 ... nformation

But like i said, you're the one with the eyewitness experience. What are your thoughts on the "cops and skin" stuff.
I've never personally seen anyone harmed by just touching it. I wasn't aware that that's a myth, because it's definitely something that's preached to us, as well. The officer that last ended up in the hospital opened up a pill bottle during a search and accidentally breathed in powder that got shaken loose after he dropped it. So we're definitely told about the skin contact thing and I won't ever touch an inmate, an inmates belongings or an inmate's housing unit without gloves on, regardless of what's in there. It's oft-repeated that touching it can be lethal, so we don't. Whether it's true or not, I'm in PPE regardless. No reason to take chances. The one time I've had to administer CPR, you can bet your ass that that inmate waited until I had gloves and a CPR mask (basically a tube with a plastic shield that goes over the inmate's face because CPR generally causes people to spontaneously vomit and 40% of the inmate population has Hep C) on, which realistically shouldn't take longer than 15 - 20 seconds to put both on as we keep both things on our person at all times.
Image Image
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

Bair Hand wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:52 am
FreddyFender wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:31 am -In February, a 20-year-old suffering from anxiety, consumed a counterfeit oxycodone pill before going to bed. His roommates found him dead in the morning from a fentanyl overdose.
This is exactly what happened to my son back in April. It was a long battle that ended just like this when he was only 23. He suffered from depression and horrible anxiety that snowballed into substance abuse. Unfortunately, the 'roommates' that found him were his grandparents.
keyofgee wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:08 am I know its crazy and users and addicts are taking a chance but I feel like the dealers should be charged with murder.
We might have to appear in court when the dealer that sold to my son goes to trial. They are trying to give him 20 years.
Damn sorry about your loss.
Psychobolia.com
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas
Location: Paris, France, land of sleaze and cheese, wine and whine

Post by Psychobolia.com »

Was watching Pawn Stars as I clicked on this thread...

Adam Harrison, the son of "Pawn Stars" personality Rick Harrison, died from an accidental overdose. Adam's cause of death was due to "fentanyl and methamphetamine toxicity,"
Cindy Buzzedimisa
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Cindy Buzzedimisa »

My friend works in an ER and she says touching it is no myth. She has to deal with one OD case after another so I'm inclined to believe her. Once she was visiting me at the bar I work at and we noticed what looked like Tic Tacs on the floor. The broom was downstairs so I bent over to pick them up and she screamed "DON'T TOUCH THAT!! It could be laced!" Scared the shit out of me and I doubt they were but all the people mentioned above doubted it too.
keyofgee
Headlining Clubs

Post by keyofgee »

I am sorry. No one should have to go thru this. The drug dealer should not live to see daylight. He should be made to take his own product.
TravisBicklesMohawk
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by TravisBicklesMohawk »

I am very sorry for your loss.
My boyfriend has a serious H problem and I worry so much about this happening to him.
Granted, he has a "safe" dealer, who is also a good friend, so he doesn't get his junk from the street or projects, but who knows how long that will last?
Fentanyl overdoses in New Orleans are through the roof, so every time he uses, my heart blows up from the anxiety.

Once again, very sorry for your loss.
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
Wednesday 13 Fan
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Wednesday 13 Fan »

So does anybody here who claims that "touching it will kill you" ever seen someone get hurt by just touching it? If you deal with it everyday, I would think you would have seen it at least once.

I also don't believe that they put it in marijuana if a lethal dose will fit on the point of a sharpened pencil.

This shit is just stupid.
ParaDime77
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by ParaDime77 »

I was undergoing 2 Stem Cell Transplants in 2019 and was issued a fentanyl pain pump. A small click of a button would administer a non lethal does of fent to dull the pain of having no red blood cells in my body. It was so subtle and soothing I watched the US open golf tournament from beginning to end and had zero recollection of it three days later.

Upon my release from the hospital after three months, the nurses brought in 10 patches of fentanyl for me to take home to mitigate any remaining pain. I told him I did not want any association with it in any form whatsoever. Took the bag and immediately told them to take it from me. They told me that was not possible Unless I returned it to the pharmacy or to a local police agency. I told them they were out of their fucking minds. Went and bought a scissors and cut it up and flushed it down the hotel room toilet. This shit would’ve had me fucked up permanently if I would’ve taken at home for any sort of use.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

ParaDime77 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:44 pm I was undergoing 2 Stem Cell Transplants in 2019 and was issued a fentanyl pain pump. A small click of a button would administer a non lethal does of fent to dull the pain of having no red blood cells in my body. It was so subtle and soothing I watched the US open golf tournament from beginning to end and had zero recollection of it three days later.

Upon my release from the hospital after three months, the nurses brought in 10 patches of fentanyl for me to take home to mitigate any remaining pain. I told him I did not want any association with it in any form whatsoever. Took the bag and immediately told them to take it from me. They told me that was not possible Unless I returned it to the pharmacy or to a local police agency. I told them they were out of their fucking minds. Went and bought a scissors and cut it up and flushed it down the hotel room toilet. This shit would’ve had me fucked up permanently if I would’ve taken at home for any sort of use.
You shouldnt put that shit in the water supply, even the drain. Next time cut it up and put it in the trash can.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
DangerZone
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by DangerZone »

HueyRamone wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:02 pm
ParaDime77 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:44 pm I was undergoing 2 Stem Cell Transplants in 2019 and was issued a fentanyl pain pump. A small click of a button would administer a non lethal does of fent to dull the pain of having no red blood cells in my body. It was so subtle and soothing I watched the US open golf tournament from beginning to end and had zero recollection of it three days later.

You shouldnt put that shit in the water supply, even the drain. Next time cut it up and put it in the trash can.
next time dump it in the fountain drink machine at Arby’s
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

HueyRamone wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:02 pm

Thanks Doctor.

Actually I took it home and made $50,000 off it 8)
ijwthstd
Platinum Artist

Post by ijwthstd »

Spongie wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:17 am WOW 😳. Scary stuff.

As far as cutting coke with it, wouldn’t an opioid have the opposite effect of euphoria? I can see cutting heroine, but coke is a head scratcher.
It could be cross contamination - dealers cutting and packaging it on the same surface.

There are rumors that Sinaloa is threatening the death penalty against anyone cutting their coke with fentanyl because it threatens coke sales but who knows.
"I went and saw Chickenfoot twice. I've suffered for being Sammy's friend" - Bob Forrest
DonJuanDeMarco
Headlining Clubs

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

FreddyFender wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:31 am It's an opioid. Like Heroine. 500x more powerful than heroine. Basically a nearly microscopic amount of it will get you fucked out of your mind.

Prince was addicted to a painkiller called oxycodone when he died, but he didn't have it in his system. He had fentanyl in him. He bought counterfeit oxys, took what he would usually take, and it killed him on the spot.
Prince, Tom Petty, I think Michael Jackson... This stuff killed half my record collection!

I've never taken fentanyl (or heroine) but post-surgery I was prescribed Oxycontin and oxycodone. Then Tramadol which is like a lighter Oxy.

It is addicting as fuck. The amount of pain I was in was unbearable. The only time I was happy was when the pills kicked in. Like every other addiction, "used to do a little but the little wouldn't do it so the little got more and more"....

Avoid it if you can. It's nice for the pain killer aspect but addiction is scary and it changes your personality. I get really irritable and aggressive.
"You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"
Danzig in the Dark

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

ijwthstd wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:53 pm
Spongie wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:17 am WOW 😳. Scary stuff.

It could be cross contamination - dealers cutting and packaging it on the same surface.

There are rumors that Sinaloa is threatening the death penalty against anyone cutting their coke with fentanyl because it threatens coke sales but who knows.
Sinaloa Cocaine™: Get high, not die.
ImageImage
Bair Hand
OMG STONER! LOOK AT ME!

Post by Bair Hand »

eddie lee roth wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:21 am Damn sorry about your loss.
keyofgee wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:08 pm I am sorry. No one should have to go thru this.
TravisBicklesMohawk wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:46 pm I am very sorry for your loss.
thanks all.
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

I just heard today that our previous guitar player might have died of fentanyl. His family didn't tell the cause of death, when he died. :?
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

Hellsinkey wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:30 am I just heard today that our previous guitar player might have died of fentanyl. His family didn't tell the cause of death, when he died. :?
Speaking of druggie musicians from Yurrup, what happened to that guy, who was in a band and started a career putting on rock shows? I forget his name, but he was pretty active on here. Maybe german?