R.I.P. Brit Turner (Blackberry Smoke drummer/co-founder)

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

R.I.P. Brit Turner (Blackberry Smoke drummer/co-founder)

Post by dmbrocker »

LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
RaceFan3
Debut Album Goes Gold

Re: R.I.P. Brit Turner (Blackberry Smoke drummer/co-founder)

Post by RaceFan3 »

Really sucks. I'm a big BBS fan and by all accounts he seemed like a really wonderful guy. Did a lot for children's cancer research/treatment/fundraising in the ATL area. His daughter had cancer when she was real little. A big chunk (in some cases, all) of the band's earnings over the years from M&G's, box sets and merch went right to area hospitals & cancer research charities.

Very solid drummer too, and he did all the artwork and merch for the band. Just a really good all around dude.

I was at the Chicago show that December '22 at the Vic and about 5-6 songs in he kind of started playing this slow, drawn out ending to one of their songs which he'd never done before, but they do some improv jams so we all kind of figured it was one of those. But then everyone rushed off stage and they carried him out and canceled the remainder of the show. That was weird and scary to see. He came back not long after and played most of '23 and recorded their new album which came out a few weeks ago (really good too), but then was missing shows the whole last month. Seemed like everything just went downhill fast. Having lost my brother to leukemia, I know how that goes. Shit can just turn you on a dime. Fuck cancer.
*I kinda want a new screenname. Seriously. I barely watch racing anymore. :x