Memories of REVENGE from an Italian KISS fanatic

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Roland Rockover
Wannabe Rocker

Post by Roland Rockover »

Ah, let me take you back to the hazy days of 1992, a time when cassette tapes were precious jems and rock reigned supreme. As a hardcore Italian KISS fan, the mere mention of a new album from my favorite band sent shivers down my spine and set my heart ablaze with anticipation. And so it was with bated breath and trembling hands that I first laid eyes on "Revenge," the latest offering from the masked marvels of rock.

As the opening chords of "Unholy" reverberated through my speakers, I felt a surge of adrenaline course through my veins. This was no ordinary album; this was a sonic assault, a declaration of defiance from a band that had weathered every storm and emerged stronger than ever. With each blistering riff and thunderous drumbeat, KISS unleashed a fury unlike anything I had ever heard before.

But it wasn't just the raw power of the music that captivated me—it was the sense of reinvention, the feeling that KISS was shedding its skin and embracing a darker, more sinister persona. Gone were the campy theatrics and tongue-in-cheek antics; in their place stood a band unafraid to explore the depths of human emotion, to confront the demons that lurked within us all.

Tracks like "Take It Off" and "Domino" pulsed with a primal energy, while the ballad "Every Time I Look at You" tugged at the heartstrings with an almost painful sincerity. It was as if KISS had tapped into some hidden reservoir of emotion, channeling it into a whirlwind of sound and fury that left me breathless and exhilarated.

But perhaps the most striking aspect of "Revenge" was its sheer audacity, its willingness to defy expectations and challenge the status quo. From the blistering guitar solos to the guttural growls of Gene Simmons, every note felt like a declaration of war—a rallying cry for all those who dared to dream and dared to defy.

As the final strains of "Carr Jam 1981" faded into the ether, I found myself awash in a whirlwind of emotions. "Revenge" wasn't just an album; it was a revelation, a testament to the enduring power of rock 'n' roll and the indomitable spirit of KISS. And as I sat there, bathed in the afterglow of that musical maelstrom, I knew that I had borne witness to something truly special. For in that moment, KISS had transcended mere mortals and become something more—a force of nature, an unstoppable juggernaut of sound and fury.

My KISS Odyssey : A Tale of Italian Fandom
Coming 2024
https://forums.metalsludge.tv/forums/vi ... 1&t=384192

Why you are 100% wrong about the KISS DIGITAL ERA
https://forums.metalsludge.tv/forums/vi ... 1&t=384235

Unveiling the Concept: KISS's "Animalize" and "Asylum" as Parts One and Two of a Rock Odyssey
https://forums.metalsludge.tv/forums/vi ... ?p=7756407

Memories of the late 80s as an Italian KISS fanatic
https://forums.metalsludge.tv/forums/vi ... 1&t=384738

Massive missed opportunity: KISS Elder crossover with WWF
https://forums.metalsludge.tv/forums/vi ... 1&t=384915

10,000 Dolts! An essay about recent activities in the online KISS world from an Italian KISS Fan
https://forums.metalsludge.tv/forums/vi ... 1&t=385093

https://forums.metalsludge.tv/forums/vi ... 1&t=385183
daveg
MSX Tour Support Act

Re: Memories of REVENGE from an Italian KISS fanatic

Post by daveg »

Not sure about any of what that was about. But Revenge is their most overrated album.

It is fine, but just because it's heavier, doesn't make it good. Lick it up is a "heavy" album done right.
DemonFilth2001
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

It had a couple of good tracks. Not a great album. Not a great KISS album.
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
maninblack
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by maninblack »

Am I living in another world? I feel strange after reading that.
Spongie
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Spongie »

maninblack wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:35 am Am I living in another world? I feel strange after reading that.
pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by pieceofme »

daveg wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:20 am Not sure about any of what that was about. But Revenge is their most overrated album.

It is fine, but just because it's heavier, doesn't make it good. Lick it up is a "heavy" album done right.
Correct.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
ijwthstd
Platinum Artist

Post by ijwthstd »

Big drop off after Unholy. The singles are the only good songs.

Except for while the ballad "Every Time I Look at You" tugged at the heartstrings with an almost painful sincerity in how blatantly it ripped off More Than Words.

I rank this one even below Asylum.
"I went and saw Chickenfoot twice. I've suffered for being Sammy's friend" - Bob Forrest
BernieTaupson
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by BernieTaupson »

:cry:
ijwthstd wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:21 pm Except for while the ballad "Every Time I Look at You" tugged at the heartstrings with an almost painful sincerity in how blatantly it ripped off More Than Words.
The First Cut Is The Deepest

And Paul was so miffed the original single totally stiffed they brought in the ensemble to redo it on Unplugged for a potential live single and big finish to Unplugged.

But the two weird uncles finally signed the contracts which gave them a better ending and that idea was abandoned.
Rocker4Real
Opening Act in Local Bars

Post by Rocker4Real »

I just wanna....forget most of this album. Unholy is great.
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

For all you guys saying you like Unholy :

What do you think of Hate and the Gene songs on COS?
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

BernieTaupson wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:52 pm What do you think of Hate and the Gene songs on COS?

"Hate" and a few other Gene songs ("I Confess," "Seduction of the Innocent") would've sounded GREAT with that Bob Ezrin Revenge production.
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

BernieTaupson wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:46 pm :cry:
ijwthstd wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:21 pm Except for while the ballad "Every Time I Look at You" tugged at the heartstrings with an almost painful sincerity in how blatantly it ripped off More Than Words.
The First Cut Is The Deepest

And Paul was so miffed the original single totally stiffed they brought in the ensemble to redo it on Unplugged for a potential live single and big finish to Unplugged.

But the two weird uncles finally signed the contracts which gave them a better ending and that idea was abandoned.

Every time I look at a clip from Unplugged, I'm distracted by Paul's ridiculous wig.
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »