BURTON C. BELL (Ex-Fear Factory) - Anti-Droid (NEW SONG)

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Zabooka
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

BURTON C. BELL (Ex-Fear Factory) - Anti-Droid (NEW SONG)

Post by Zabooka »

Anti-Droid - https://youtu.be/ejssq84_4TA

Check out some of the lyrics.

"I severed the machine that no longer served me.
I would rather be dead than a slave to the factory."

Former FEAR FACTORY frontman Burton C. Bell has released his debut solo single, "Anti-Droid". Like his previous work, which continually explored themes of dystopian angst, identity, technology gone wrong, and resilience, the new track arrives with a potent message. "I severed the machine that no longer served me," he screams in the moody, synth-heavy, sci-fi metal missive. It's a defiant statement delivered with a confident bombast. Bell is back on the offensive.

Bell says "Anti-Droid" is "a statement about breaking free. Breaking the bonds of what I felt was a prison in many ways. Not just financially or contractually but creatively, as well. I felt constrained to this format we'd written ourselves into. The 'factory' doesn't have a capital F. It's the factory of the music industry, a certain form of business, and priorities. Being a slave to an established way of thinking is not really freedom. I am moving forward."

https://blabbermouth.net/news/former-fe ... anti-droid
factchecker
Picking a Band Name

Re: BURTON C. BELL (Ex-Fear Factory) - Anti-Droid (NEW SONG)

Post by factchecker »

Meh. Sounds like Rammstein Engel (1997) mixed with Parkway Drive Crushed (2015).

Not revolutionary like Fear Factory demanufacture (1995) that set them apart back in the day. :cry:
NineteenEightyFour
Forming a Band

Post by NineteenEightyFour »

I like the song and my first takeaway is that he's not doing clean vocals which he cannot reproduce live, so yeah I'm for it.
FreddyFender
Headlining Clubs

Post by FreddyFender »

I dont think this legally qualifies as a song