Famous people you saw live AFTER they were famous and were back to playing dumps?

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Turner Coates
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: Famous people you saw live AFTER they were famous and were back to playing dumps?

Post by Turner Coates »

kingbrian74 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:24 am
Turner Coates wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:14 pm I saw Peter Tork in a bad blues band at a local bar.
Very high cringe factor.
The Hungry Tiger?
If you mean the venue, it was Alfalfa's in Albuquerque.

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
kingbrian74
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Re: Famous people you saw live AFTER they were famous and were back to playing dumps?

Post by kingbrian74 »

Turner Coates wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:37 am
Turner Coates wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:14 pm I saw Peter Tork in a bad blues band at a local bar.
Very high cringe factor.
The Hungry Tiger?
Yeah....the venue. From what understand, he lived in Mansfield, CT towards the end of his life. He used to play a shitty bar called The Hungry Tiger in Manchester, CT with his blues band....though I never went to see them. I wish I had though...
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

kingbrian74 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:08 am
Turner Coates wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:37 am

The Hungry Tiger?
Yeah....the venue. From what understand, he lived in Mansfield, CT towards the end of his life. He used to play a shitty bar called The Hungry Tiger in Manchester, CT with his blues band....though I never went to see them. I wish I had though...
Ever see the lead guitarist of the hottest band in the world play in a rehearsal room next to a pot of potato soup?
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

HueyRamone wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:09 am
Ever see the lead guitarist of the hottest band in the world play in a rehearsal room next to a pot of potato soup?
POTATO soup? Let me think........
No, not really.

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

Not just potato soup... LOADED BAKED POTATO SOUP.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Bono Nettencourt wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:45 pm Not just potato soup... LOADED BAKED POTATO SOUP.
He played a gig at an O’Charley’s restaurant?
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
risingfarce
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by risingfarce »

Playboyliquor59 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:59 pm Pearcy to 5 people in Newport ri
I'm not far from Newport.

What was the venue?
Fletch
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Fletch »

Quiet Riot
Warrant
Geoff Tate-ryche
Britny Fox
DLR…

….all in smaller clubs minus DLR, which was in a room that held about 900 (but 900 surely weren’t there)
Love_Industry

Post by Love_Industry »

Dio, Accept and Saxon. Skipped Priest and Maiden who played the same kind of shitholes because they had new vocalists and crappy new albums (Demolition and Death Row) out.
FreddyFender
Headlining Clubs

Post by FreddyFender »

Is there anyone here who hasn't seen Quiet Riot play to 20 people?
Love_Industry

Post by Love_Industry »

FreddyFender wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:49 am Is there anyone here who hasn't seen Quiet Riot play to 20 people?
I haven't. They have only played 2 shows ever in Sweden and both were festivals (2007 and 2016) so I hope more than 20 people saw them.
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

Love_Industry wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:46 am
FreddyFender wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:49 am Is there anyone here who hasn't seen Quiet Riot play to 20 people?
I haven't. They have only played 2 shows ever in Sweden and both were festivals (2007 and 2016) so I hope more than 20 people saw them.
Beefbeef played a texas festival and I think 20 is about 5 times the amount of people who watched them.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
LurkingAtWork
Recording Your Demo

Post by LurkingAtWork »

I saw Solinger Skid Row in '02 or so at JAXX outside of DC. I'll be generous and say there were 75 people there. What I remember most clearly was Scotti Hill doing bizarre coked-out facial gestures for the entire show. A few times we made eye contact and I cringed every time. I couldn't believe these guys were massive stars (and among my heros) just a decade earlier.
Playboyliquor59
Recording Debut Album

Post by Playboyliquor59 »

risingfarce wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:04 am
Playboyliquor59 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:59 pm Pearcy to 5 people in Newport ri

What was the venue?
I’m wrong. It was Wheel House Tavern, Narragansett, RI, USA on December 11, 2008.
It was snowing really bad and I remember turning off 95 to get over there from providence on that two lane road and it was almost impossible to drive. I was 18 and at college but they let me in…I think I had to pay $40 haha because I wasn’t 21 and drove all the way there and they probably lost a ton. SP still played like he was in an arena..to me and 5 others
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

Yeah I saw Paco Horsebeef at the ABC Tavern in Ohio Cleveland on a bill with Pete Best and Stevie Rachelle.
risingfarce
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by risingfarce »

Playboyliquor59 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:35 pm
risingfarce wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:04 am

What was the venue?
I’m wrong. It was Wheel House Tavern, Narragansett, RI, USA on December 11, 2008.
It was snowing really bad and I remember turning off 95 to get over there from providence on that two lane road and it was almost impossible to drive. I was 18 and at college but they let me in…I think I had to pay $40 haha because I wasn’t 21 and drove all the way there and they probably lost a ton. SP still played like he was in an arena..to me and 5 others
Never been to that venue. I've only been to Narragansett a handful of times, mainly to get the ferry over to Block Island.
risingfarce
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by risingfarce »

Union twice at the Station nightclub (yes, that Station nightclub).

Also saw Union play in a church rec hall.

Saw Tribe of Judah (Gary Cherone, Pat Badger, and Mike Mangini) at the Station nightclub.

Saw Rik Emmett play at the Station nightclub, a high school auditorium, and a restaurant.

Dream Theater in a club.
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

risingfarce wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:05 am Union twice at the Station nightclub (yes, that Station nightclub).

Saw Tribe of Judah (Gary Cherone, Pat Badger, and Mike Mangini) at the Station nightclub.
Did Union or Tribe of Judah have a heyday that was any bigger than that, though?
Mato
Playing at a Friend's Party

Post by Mato »

DonJuanDeMarco wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:32 am
Brainy Lane wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:36 am Michael Sweet playing in a really small bar in Long Island.
Was this the very early 2000's? I think I was at that show! In the late 90's and early 2000's there were a lot of pop up places. They weren't really rock clubs. They were just rented out for the night. I saw a few bands in places like that: LA Guns, Warrant, Ted Poley, Sebastian, Doro with Britny Fox and yes....Tuff.
Hold up, we’re Tuff ever really famous?? Lol… More or less disqualifies them from this post.
Charles Bukaki

Post by Charles Bukaki »

I saw Ace Frehley at a big bar/small club type place in the mid 90's. He was so drunk he almost walked off the front of the stage until his drummer grabbed him by the back of his shirt. Saw Great White at the same place. Vince had a solo show booked there but canceled day of. Word has it when his bus pulled in and he saw the place, he immediately left. I saw Sebitichian play a converted movie theater in 98 or 99, the same place my parents took me to see Star Wars when I was 4, though I have no memory of that.
Anthony
Recording Your Demo

Post by Anthony »

I saw Ozone Monday (featuring Scotti, Rachel and Snake) and Prunella Scales (Rachel) in the late-90's after Skid Row imploded. I got a photo with Snake as he was walking back to his car (it was a Jersey show).
ElectrickMagick
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by ElectrickMagick »

Luckily I've only seen them once, as one of the openers on a Poison tour in 2001. That was more than enough for me.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

HueyRamone wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:38 am
risingfarce wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:05 am Union twice at the Station nightclub (yes, that Station nightclub).

Did Union or Tribe of Judah have a heyday that was any bigger than that, though?
I think he meant that Crabby was in the Crue once, ergo it was a step down... tho Crabby Crue may have actually played the same venues.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
richard cranium
Passing Out Band Flyers

Post by richard cranium »

We saw them in Lake Worth, FL at a small restaurant in the early 90's when they had Bobby Rondinelli and Kenny Hillery. Couldn't have been more than 75 people there.