What the hell is going on with Andy Sneap’s hair??

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

maninblack
MSX Tour Support Act

Re: What the hell is going on with Andy Sneap’s hair??

Post by maninblack »

Ham Stroker's Ejacula wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:50 am Guy rocked quite the barnet back in ye olde Sabbat days.

Alex Lifeson on the back of 2112 cover.
BernieTaupson
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by BernieTaupson »

It’s not a wig. You can see it’s thin as fuck on top. It’s a transplant, like I said.

Exactly the same as Spruce Kulick’s looked when he had it done. They grow little baby hairs for a while then hopefully thicken up. He’ll be putting Rogaine on it twice a day to try to thicken it up a bit.

THIS is a wig.

Sleek
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Sleek »

Not a transplant. All a transplant can do is move around the shit you got. His hair isn't godlike, but it is still twice as many follicles as in the skullet photo.
ROADHEAD wrote:I've never tasted coffee
HueyRamone wrote:I like Radio Gaga
HueyRamone wrote:QUIT FUCKING WITH MY SETLIST, ASSWIPE!

BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

I guess this is Metal Sludge so it’s to be expected; but would it be too much to ask some of you guys who clearly have no idea what you’re talking about to stop posting definitive statements which are clearly not grounded in any sort of factual knowledge or real world experience?

Someone is welcome to use that as a sig.

He’s got MORE than enough healthy hair on the sides and back (which is the hair that typically doesn’t fade from male pattern baldness) to do a healthy transplant to the top where it was thinning.

I think some of you guys are stuck in the past thinking of the old fashioned transplants that Elton and Roth got back in the day, they don’t even do it like that anymore. They use a needle which sucks out a healthy follicle from the back or the sides and then they punch it into the area that needs it.

All those scabs are where healthy follicles have been implanted in from healthy hair somewhere else on his head. Which is appropriate as Andy Sneap IS a fuckin scab.
El Vampiro Blanco
Headlining Clubs

Post by El Vampiro Blanco »

Mister Freeze wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:59 pm
El Vampiro Blanco wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:57 am
BernieTaupson wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:12 am Hair transplant.
Not sure how he'd have the time to have it grown that long if it is an actual hair transplant.
It takes a year for the transplanted hair to start really growing and with his level of baldness I'd assume he needs at least three session......So you're already looking at 3 years to get hair and then it still needs to grow long.
Have they been away over 3-4 years?

It doesn't take that long.
Oh well, I'm just repeating what the clinic told me, which was it will take a year for the transplants to look like real hair and they could only do 6.000 follicles at a time, because otherwise the extracted follicles will already be dead by the time they get around to inject them in the bald spots...
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by HueyRamone »

BernieTaupson wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:14 am I guess this is Metal Sludge so it’s to be expected; but would it be too much to ask some of you guys who clearly have no idea what you’re talking about to stop posting definitive statements which are clearly not grounded in any sort of factual knowledge or real world experience?
Q: Where does Sleek get his water?

A: A well, actually....
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
Velvis
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Velvis »

HueyRamone wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:43 pm
Sleek wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:34 pm Sneap has a piece, not transplants.

You look at the skullet photo. there is not enough hair on his head for the density in the new photo, no matter how you move those follicles around.
Diagree. Compare his head to Faulkners'. Richie has a full head of hair in the front. Sneapy has just a bit in the front area now.

It's the way that wig wearers give themselves away. They go from balding to the thickest front imaginable. Kevin Dubrow, Ian Hill, Ace Frehley.... they all have way too much hair in the front. Sneap went from having none up top to about 40% up top - Transplant. Unlike Ace who now has 300% on top.

Remembering back, I think Dubrow was the most ridiculous. Dude was super thinning in 1983, 20+ years later he shows up with a fur jacket on his head.
Velvis
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Velvis »

HueyRamone wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:43 pm
Sleek wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:34 pm Sneap has a piece, not transplants.

You look at the skullet photo. there is not enough hair on his head for the density in the new photo, no matter how you move those follicles around.
Diagree. Compare his head to Faulkners'. Richie has a full head of hair in the front. Sneapy has just a bit in the front area now.

It's the way that wig wearers give themselves away. They go from balding to the thickest front imaginable. Kevin Dubrow, Ian Hill, Ace Frehley.... they all have way too much hair in the front. Sneap went from having none up top to about 40% up top - Transplant. Unlike Ace who now has 300% on top.

Remembering back, I think Dubrow was the most ridiculous. Dude was super thinning in 1983, 20+ years later he shows up with a fur jacket on his head.
jens

Post by jens »

Spongie wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:44 am I’d also love to know the motivation. Did the band pressure him to look more “metal”? Or does he just want to look better standing next to Richie? Inquiring minds… (with time to kill) I’m such a yenta.
Five years ago he worked a desk job. Now he's on a stage with 10.000 people watching him. That would make a guy pay a little more attention to his looks, no?
johnhenrybonzo11
Playing in a Garage

Post by johnhenrybonzo11 »

BernieTaupson wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:14 am I guess this is Metal Sludge so it’s to be expected; but would it be too much to ask some of you guys who clearly have no idea what you’re talking about to stop posting definitive statements which are clearly not grounded in any sort of factual knowledge or real world experience?

Someone is welcome to use that as a sig.

He’s got MORE than enough healthy hair on the sides and back (which is the hair that typically doesn’t fade from male pattern baldness) to do a healthy transplant to the top where it was thinning.

I think some of you guys are stuck in the past thinking of the old fashioned transplants that Elton and Roth got back in the day, they don’t even do it like that anymore. They use a needle which sucks out a healthy follicle from the back or the sides and then they punch it into the area that needs it.

All those scabs are where healthy follicles have been implanted in from healthy hair somewhere else on his head. Which is appropriate as Andy Sneap IS a fuckin scab.
101% correct! Thats def a transplant and not anything else. It takes 8-12 months from the procedure to grow 3-4" of hair.
Now a days they take follicles from the side and back and do so by using this kind of drilling vacuum technique, they pull them out, clean them up and strategically place them on your scalp to make them grow in a pattern that looks natural. If you look at DLR, Machine Gun Kelly and DJ Ashba, or whatever hes calling himself these days. They used the old technique where they pull a strap of your skin from the back of your head and pull the follicles from that, its leaves a huge frankenstein type scar that is unnoticeable if you grow hair back there. Although you can still get that method, you're better off to get the latest as it leaves no scaring and is less painful.
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

Yup.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

halford was rocking a mullet on the turbo tour. cut it for ram it down. shaved it off for painkiller
Jason Jennifer Leigh
Headlining Clubs

Post by Jason Jennifer Leigh »

Most likely just extensions sewn in, it doesn’t take a lot of real hair for the extensions to give you the appearance of much fuller hair.

I think Gene does the same thing.
killdrum
Opening for Slaughter

Post by killdrum »

Looks like he spent some of that hard earned producer $ on a system. Gary Holt suddenly started rocking a thick mane after years of thinning too. Hope their friends get to fuck with them. Like if my bro showed up w locks overnight...i'm gonna have some jokes flying.
aznsquirt

Post by aznsquirt »

Lobo wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:29 pm Halford has been bald for 30 fucking years and before that he didn't even have long hair except for the early days (mid 70's ?) and it didn't last past something like the first album. He had short hair all of the 80's and late 70's, yet we are to believe that "band management" pressured Sneap into getting hair plugs?...please...
I mean, yes, I don't know that that's what happened, but I absolutely believe that it's possible.

The fact that Halford has been bald doesn't mean that having a stage full of bald guys is fine.
Psychobolia.com wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:52 pm He kinda reminds me of Mike Love (Beach Boys)

I can't talk shit though, he's done every Exodus album since 1997 (amongst many other fine releases), and they sound swell, nifty.

Another Lesson in Violence is the album that put Sneap on the album for me. It was the best live album I'd ever heard at the time, and immediately looked up who produced it and have been sold ever since.

Every time I fantasize about having some old classic album remixed or re-recorded he's instantly put into that fantasy. And yes, only that kind of fantasy.

When everyone started raving about how good the new Priest album sounds I was like well of course it does :).