Priest tour 2024 Panic Attack : worst Halford has ever sounded

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Love_Industry
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: Priest tour 2024 Panic Attack : worst Halford has ever sounded

Post by Love_Industry »

the_man_incognito wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:29 pm
I heard a bootleg of a show on the British Steel tour back in 1992...a friend had a CD of it... I was still younger and didn't quite understand the recording of live vocals on official live releases...wow...Rob was bad...
Hate to admit it, but Rob was very inconsistent around that time. He was great up to the Stained Class tour, then again on Turbo and Ram it Down, but in between that I've heard many bootlegs where he had an off night, and some where he was awesome. There's one I remember from the British Steel tour where he was absolutely insane, sang all the songs higher than the original and made it sound natural. Then there's one from the pre-POE tour in 81 (Somewhere in the UK - Hammersmith?) where he sounds like he's not even trying.
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by HueyRamone »

maninblack wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:09 pm
HueyRamone wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:52 pm
maninblack wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:26 am KK will be fuming.
Dafuq? KK's Priest is sounding great!
He wants to get back into Priest. He has been trying to get back into Priest for a long time now. He will be fuming that Faulkner is doing so well.
No, He wanted to get back in Priest for quite a while. Especially when Glenn had to bow out.
He knows damn well he'll never be back in by now, and so he started KK's Priest.
He tried, but even he knows that ship has passed, and he's said nice things about Richie before and how richie was cool at the RnRHOF, while the other guys werent.
Hammer: Would you ever play with them again?

“No. Before I started KK’s Priest, I asked if they’d consider me stepping back into my rightful place, because at one point they announced they were going out as a four-piece. I was expecting to be back in the band when there was an opening, or at least to be asked. But Glenn and Ian [Hill, bassist] wrote through their lawyers saying a flat no, which made no sense, as I was there first. And Rob [Halford] left for 11 years so how does he have the right to say ‘I won’t consider you re-joining’ – I was instrumental in reinstating him into the band! Glenn wasn’t interested in having Rob back, he wanted to keep Ripper. But I gave them one last chance, and I was like, ‘Are you sure? One day you might live to regret it.’ Let’s hope they don’t.”
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
maninblack
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by maninblack »

HueyRamone wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:07 am
HueyRamone wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:52 pm

Dafuq? KK's Priest is sounding great!
He wants to get back into Priest. He has been trying to get back into Priest for a long time now. He will be fuming that Faulkner is doing so well.
No, He wanted to get back in Priest for quite a while. Especially when Glenn had to bow out.
He knows damn well he'll never be back in by now, and so he started KK's Priest.
He tried, but even he knows that ship has passed, and he's said nice things about Richie before and how richie was cool at the RnRHOF, while the other guys werent.

“No. Before I started KK’s Priest, I asked if they’d consider me stepping back into my rightful place, because at one point they announced they were going out as a four-piece. I was expecting to be back in the band when there was an opening, or at least to be asked. But Glenn and Ian [Hill, bassist] wrote through their lawyers saying a flat no, which made no sense, as I was there first. And Rob [Halford] left for 11 years so how does he have the right to say ‘I won’t consider you re-joining’ – I was instrumental in reinstating him into the band! Glenn wasn’t interested in having Rob back, he wanted to keep Ripper. But I gave them one last chance, and I was like, ‘Are you sure? One day you might live to regret it.’ Let’s hope they don’t.”
You have a perfect right to keep believing that.
Love_Industry

Post by Love_Industry »

HueyRamone wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:07 am Glenn wasn’t interested in having Rob back, he wanted to keep Ripper.
[/quote]

Had no idea Glenn enjoyed playing clubs, bars and other shitholes that much.
From what I heard, KK wasn't a happy man during that era.
maninblack
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by maninblack »

For myself, my own opinion of Priest, and everyone is entitled to it, is that they have only made two good songs, living after midnight and breaking the law. Everything else Ive heard from them is bland. The guitaring is good on the new album but there are no songs or tunes that are any good. I personally wouldnt want to listen to any of that album again.
the_man_incognito
Headlining Clubs

Post by the_man_incognito »

Love_Industry wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:03 pm
HueyRamone wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:07 am Glenn wasn’t interested in having Rob back, he wanted to keep Ripper.
[/quote]

He probably didn't enjoy playing the smaller places, but, he enjoyed the band as a unit that got along...he begrudgingly agreed to let Rob come back because he needed the money and wanted to play better shows...
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

maninblack wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:50 pm
HueyRamone wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:07 am

Im the last guy to just believe whatever PR a band spills, but come on. KK tried hard to get in the band in 2018. That's 6 fucking years ago. Even if he gave, say 3-4 solid pushes in 2018, 2019, 2021, etc... at some point you realize it's not gonna happen and move on.

I also have a friend who is buddies with the scab guitarist in Queensryche. He was chatting with Gary Holt and Holt was at the RnRHOF and said that KK practically came to blows backstage with someone in Priest.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
Zabooka
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Zabooka »

maninblack wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:09 pmHe wants to get back into Priest. He has been trying to get back into Priest for a long time now. He will be fuming that Faulkner is doing so well.
At this point, even if Faulkner left, I think they’d get a new guy rather than getting KK back.
maninblack
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by maninblack »

KK wants to get back in.
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

maninblack wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:44 am KK wants to get back in.
maninblack
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by maninblack »

HueyRamone wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:02 am
:lol: Anyway, maybe Halford will be touring with priest into his late nineties.
Love_Industry

Post by Love_Industry »

the_man_incognito wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:26 pm
He probably didn't enjoy playing the smaller places, but, he enjoyed the band as a unit that got along...he begrudgingly agreed to let Rob come back because he needed the money and wanted to play better shows...
[/quote]

It sure was a different (and more favorable to Glenn) band dynamic with a rookie frontman without personality instead of the Goddamn Metal God and most recognizable band member out front.

It was also the difference between headlining arenas and festivals worldwide and "Tuesday night in Ronneby Sweden, looks like we have two hundred and sixty metal maniacs here tonight ready for some British Steel".
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

Love_Industry wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:19 am
the_man_incognito wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:26 pm
It sure was a different (and more favorable to Glenn) band dynamic with a rookie frontman without personality instead of the Goddamn Metal God and most recognizable band member out front.

It was also the difference between headlining arenas and festivals worldwide and "Tuesday night in Ronneby Sweden, looks like we have two hundred and sixty metal maniacs here tonight ready for some British Steel".
[/quote]

I think they only could get on Ozzfest if they brought Rob back. And yeah, Glenn prolly came around with the offers of money and success.

Still Glenn has never looked like he was having this much FUN ever again since Rob rejoined.
https://youtu.be/hC47kj1N0Ow?t=2137
maninblack
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by maninblack »

HueyRamone wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:02 am