We don't talk nearly enough about Savage Amusement

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Love_Industry
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: We don't talk nearly enough about Savage Amusement

Post by Love_Industry »

Ryan81 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:28 pm Was just watching their performance in Dortmund '83 (the best single day line up of metal bands ever assembled)
Donington 1988 would like a word with you. Maiden, Kiss, DLR, Megadeth, GNR and Helloween was a solid line-up. You could argue Kiss vs Roth or Priest vs Ozzy but Krokus and Quiet Riot got nothing on Megadeth and Guns.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

84 too.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
NeonKnite
Your Cock, My Mouth

Post by NeonKnite »

A massive disappointment.

Imagine following up LAFS with something comparable... they could have become a massive band. Instead, this album pretty much killed their upward ascent and they never recovered.
Love_Industry
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Love_Industry »

NeonKnite wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 8:09 am A massive disappointment.

Imagine following up LAFS with something comparable... they could have become a massive band. Instead, this album pretty much killed their upward ascent and they never recovered.
You may have forgotten, I sure wish I did, but later they released a little single called "Wind of Change" that became one of the best selling singles in history, up there with the Elton Johns, Celine Dions and Michael Jacksons. The biggest single ever worldwide by a Sludge band for sure.
NeonKnite
Your Cock, My Mouth

Post by NeonKnite »

Love_Industry wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 11:21 am You may have forgotten, I sure wish I did, but later they released a little single called "Wind of Change" that became one of the best selling singles in history, up there with the Elton Johns, Celine Dions and Michael Jacksons. The biggest single ever worldwide by a Sludge band for sure.
It didn't do for them what Hysteria did for DL coming off of Pyromania.

One big ballad doesn't do as much for you as another massive album of big rock songs all over the radio like LAFS Part II would have done.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

Yeah WoC was a fluke. As a hard rock/metal band they were finished.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.