Sebastian with another banger! Everybody Bleeds

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

MattleyCrue
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Sebastian with another banger! Everybody Bleeds

Post by MattleyCrue »

Damn! New music Friday baby!

Another great track!

Let’s go!!!!
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
Mojo
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: Sebastian with another banger! Everybody Bleeds

Post by Mojo »

Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
Jason Jennifer Leigh
Headlining Clubs

Post by Jason Jennifer Leigh »

Excellent Mick Mars solo.
DonJuanDeMarco
Headlining Clubs

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

Here’s a review along with the album cover and track list. I’m seeing this for the first time right now.

https://heavymag.com.au/sebastian-bach- ... n-the-man/

https://mystic-production.com/product-e ... e-Man.html
"You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"
PBFSUCKS
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by PBFSUCKS »

Wow, it’s blowing up too!

Almost 500 views in 1 day!

Song is ok. Voice sounds processed as much as Ace Frehley on his new album. Modern production sucks.
DonJuanDeMarco
Headlining Clubs

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

On first listen....like most of his solo songs, it sounds like a kid just jotted down a bunch of random lines. It's not a song. Even the music was odd. The parts didn't fit together well...verse into pre-chorus into chorus, etc.

The video started out charming with the Maxell commercial throwback and the wine glass but it lost steam fast.

So, it's on first listen it's a big step down from the first single.
"You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"
LitaStrauss
Learning KISS Riffs

Post by LitaStrauss »

Here's the actual link to the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wx4PQRx2hA

The two songs he's released are better than anything I was expecting from him, which wasn't much. They're not embarrassingly bad. His voice seems a little bit lower in the mix for Everybody Bleeds, but it's fine. There's some lines in the song that don't fully make sense or at least I don't understand. I get he's singing about the world and global warming and whatnot, but then he crowbars in "the child within the man" and I'm not sure what that means. Seems like he just felt he needed to get the album title in a song.

I think the songs would come off better if we didn't have to see the horrible videos. If you don't have to see him and his bad videos, the songs are fine. The end of the video for Everybody Bleeds is just stupid. It's him putting the record on and hearing the same song we just listened to and then head banging. Just no dude.

And the album cover is literally laugh out loud bad. It looks like a bad Perris Records CD cover. It's like Vince Neil using a photo of himself from Shout At The Devil.

Even if he does have a good idea, he find a way to "Sebastian Bach things" and make them worse than they need to be.

Fat_Elvis
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Fat_Elvis »

Sounds like it would fit perfectly on the Subhuman Race album, as in it's totally forgettable.
VinnieStJohn
Playing at a Friend's Party

Post by VinnieStJohn »

Heavy, scattered, and kinda cheesy. With reused shots of his wife wet in a bikini :lol: What is not to like from Bach in 2024? Looking forward to the Rainbow Bash!
Rocker4Real
Opening Act in Local Bars

Post by Rocker4Real »

It's a decent rocker. I'll add it to my playlist to see if it grows on me. What's with that guitar tone? Very fuzzy and muffled. He said in an interview he wanted his next album to be stripped down and sound like one from the 70s.
Darrien
Headlining Clubs

Post by Darrien »

I think his voice sounds great, I wouldn't be able to tell it was current era Sebastian if I didn't already know. However, we have the video, which is cheesy as fuck, and ruins the song completely.

Two great points listed above:

1- It does Subhuman Race-ish, and is kind of forgettable.
2- He ruins everything by putting his idiot stamp on it visually.
Dayman...fighter of the Nightman..
SterileEyes1
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by SterileEyes1 »

Hate on the guy all you want if that’s your thing, his solo material is consistently top-notch including these two most recent songs.

His voice sounds great and the production in general does too.
My Video Covers: https://www.youtube.com/@therealjeffstein/

"Diary Of A Madman"
"Aja"
"Atlas, Rise!"
“Sludge Factory”
"Locomotive"

My Original Music: https://jeffstein.bandcamp.com
gtshark1
Headlining Clubs

Post by gtshark1 »

Sounds good. Ironically his new solo stuff reminds me of recent years FOZZY.
Psychobolia.com
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas
Location: Paris, France, land of sleaze and cheese, wine and whine

Post by Psychobolia.com »

The artwork is bewildering, the kid looks all fugly...and the cat looks like a tooth...the actual cover concept isn't bad, but the execution could be way better...
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Fat_Elvis speaks the truth!
I had to think if I heard that song on Sub Human Race tour at Wilson Theatre

Chance to see Bach 4x this summer! Good to have life goals!
Big Guns in Ventura! small ROAD TRIP!
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
greengoblinrulz
Headlining Clubs

Post by greengoblinrulz »

I like the 2 songs alot.
Video is weird as he doesnt use Brent Woods who is his longtime guitarist.
Saw Bas a couple weeks ago & opened with Whatta I Got to Use. Hope he adds this one to his set too.
skinni
Having Slaughter Open for You

Post by skinni »

good song
aznsquirt

Post by aznsquirt »

"The Child Within The Man" would have a bit more meaning if Bach wasn't someone whose childishness is on display 24/7
Danzig in the Dark
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

Who's the singing ghost lady?
ImageImage
GreatWhiteSnake
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

No hooks. Not catchy. Sounds forced. It's a mess...
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
superglide88
Headlining Clubs

Post by superglide88 »

aznsquirt wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:13 pm "The Child Within The Man" would have a bit more meaning if Bach wasn't someone whose childishness is on display 24/7
This.
Someone photoshop this into ‘the child within the idiot’ pls :lol:
Vandermint wrote:At best, KISS is Alice Cooper for dumb people
eddie lee roth wrote:myself and members of my family could use some help but I'm supposed to help some fucker in a banana suit first.
Get the fuck out of here with this bullshit :!:
DrumminAway
Jamming in Parent's Basement

Post by DrumminAway »

I don’t get the whole Jesus post-crucifixion thing on the cover.
SexxAtraxxion
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by SexxAtraxxion »

This is Bach's return to form.

Much better than anything by Skid Row post-classic era.

Rachel and Snake must be pissed off right now.
My music library at last.fm:
https://www.last.fm/user/JonathanHalen
Rocker4Real
Opening Act in Local Bars

Post by Rocker4Real »

DrumminAway wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:08 am I don’t get the whole Jesus post-crucifixion thing on the cover.
He bleeds like Jesus from his childhood wounds.
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

While it's well recorded, well produced and well performed... this is nothing but a "filler" track that would be a throw-away Demo back in the day.

I recently watched a clip with Mark McGrath of Sugar Ray, and he is SPOT on when he said "Song-writing is younger person's game" and something about "You don't see guys writing hits in their 60's and 70's"... I believe it's safe to say... the same could be said for being in your 40's and 50's.

Mark also said "Lots of people can write good songs" but "Writing a great song (Hit) song, is not easy"

McGrath > https://www.facebook.com/reel/947673093578177

The Skid Row songs with Gronwall are above all of these Bach songs... by a mile! My 2-cents.

$tEvil
Last edited by MetalSludgeCEO on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

DonJuanDeMarco wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:52 am On first listen....like most of his solo songs, it sounds like a kid just jotted down a bunch of random lines. It's not a song. Even the music was odd. The parts didn't fit together well...verse into pre-chorus into chorus, etc.

The video started out charming with the Maxell commercial throwback and the wine glass but it lost steam fast.

So, it's on first listen it's a big step down from the first single.
ALL OF THIS!

And... the song title alone... "Everyone Bleeds" is pretty basic, pretty cliche' and dare I say... aren't there already countless songs with the same title?

> https://www.google.com/search?q=Everyon ... s-wiz#ip=1

$tEvil
LitaStrauss
Learning KISS Riffs

Post by LitaStrauss »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:03 am

I recently watched a clip with Mark McGrath of Sugar Ray, and he is SPOT on when he said "Song-writing is younger person's game" and something about "You don't see guys writing hits in their 60's and 70's"... I believe it's safe to say... the same could be said for being in your 40's and 50's.
It's more of a case of who is singing the song as opposed to the songwriting. There's plenty of songwriters who write hits for other people that are 40+, they just have younger people sing them. Diane Warren and Desmond Child have had long careers and they're not youngsters. Lots of country songwriters aren't exactly young either. As long as the singer is of a certain age, then you can have some hits. In the next 10 years, I think that's gonna change because Taylor Swift is gonna keep having hits into her 40s. She's broken every other record, so I think that will happen too.

It also depends on the genre. When was the last time a band full of 40-70 year olds got pop radio play? Pop radio won't play older artists. Rock radio will to a degree, such as Metallica, Foo Fighters, and The Rolling Stones, as they've all had success on rock radio recently. But if Madonna released "Material Girl" today, it wouldn't get played on pop radio because they're not gonna play a 65 year old woman, no matter who wrote it. It is what it is.

Some artists write songs and stay creative until they day they die, and others stop and just want to live off their past, such as Mark McGrath. Both are fine. Neither is wrong. If Sebastian wants to keep putting out songs, good for him. I don't think the song is amazing but we've also heard much worse on this board.
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

LitaStrauss wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:21 am

It's more of a case of who is singing the song as opposed to the songwriting. There's plenty of songwriters who write hits for other people that are 40+, they just have younger people sing them. Diane Warren and Desmond Child have had long careers and they're not youngsters. Lots of country songwriters aren't exactly young either. As long as the singer is of a certain age, then you can have some hits. In the next 10 years, I think that's gonna change because Taylor Swift is gonna keep having hits into her 40s. She's broken every other record, so I think that will happen too.

It also depends on the genre. When was the last time a band full of 40-70 year olds got pop radio play? Pop radio won't play older artists. Rock radio will to a degree, such as Metallica, Foo Fighters, and The Rolling Stones, as they've all had success on rock radio recently. But if Madonna wrote "Material Girl" today, it wouldn't get played on pop radio because they're not gonna play a 65 year old woman. It is what it is.

Some artists write songs and stay creative until they day they die, and others stop and just want to live off their past, such as Mark McGrath. Both are fine. Neither is wrong. If Sebastian wants to keep putting out songs, good for him. I don't think the song is amazing but we've also heard much worse on this board.
Of course that's easy to say... when you name the 2 GOATs of Song-Writing!

Outside of Dave Grohl and a few others, there are few older Rock Artists, who have written, produced and released a true hit song in the last 2 decades!

Mark McGrath "Living off his past"... not saying you meant this... but do you know how ignorant this sounds... when anyone says this?

Bach is also living off his past... if you want to put it that way... just because he is putting out new music, doesn't mean he isn't living off the 'success' he had in his heyday... fact is... nobody is buying a ticket to his shows to hear "What Have I Got To Lose (Besides This Gut)"

I guess after a Sports athlete retires, he should never appear anywhere, or be paid based off his "past", his "youth" or his "body of work" from younger years?

It's like the ass-hats screaming 'cash grab' every time an artist tours... as if nobody should want to work, and be paid for it after a certain age... unless it's okay'd by said ass-hats?

$tEvil
LitaStrauss
Learning KISS Riffs

Post by LitaStrauss »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:47 am
LitaStrauss wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:21 am

It also depends on the genre. When was the last time a band full of 40-70 year olds got pop radio play? Pop radio won't play older artists. Rock radio will to a degree, such as Metallica, Foo Fighters, and The Rolling Stones, as they've all had success on rock radio recently. But if Madonna wrote "Material Girl" today, it wouldn't get played on pop radio because they're not gonna play a 65 year old woman. It is what it is.

Of course that's easy to say... when you name the 2 GOATs of Song-Writing!

Outside of Dave Grohl and a few others, there are few older Rock Artists, who have written, produced and released a true hit song in the last 2 decades!

Mark McGrath "Living off his past"... not saying you meant this... but do you know how ignorant this sounds... when anyone says this?

I guess after a Sports athlete retires, he should never appear anywhere, or be paid based off his "past", his "youth" or his "body of work" from younger years?

It's like the ass-hats screaming 'cash grab' every time an artist tours... as if nobody should want to work, and be paid for it after a certain age... unless it's okay'd by said ass-hats?

$tEvil
"Living off his past" doesn't mean Mark McGrath should never appear anywhere. It means he's just not putting out new material. Maybe that's a harsh term, okay. He's a "heritage act," which I guess is the proper term for it. So is Poison, Warrant, and many others. And they should all continue to play and tour and do whatever they want. If you can still draw a crowd from songs you wrote 30-40 years ago, then you did something right and you should make money on it.

But if an artist still feels creative and wants to put out new music, be it Winger, Extreme, LA Guns, or Sebastian, good for them as well.
endstand

Post by endstand »

Danzig in the Dark wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:19 pm Image
Who's the singing ghost lady?
Looks like the front page of Jehova’s Witnesses leaflet.