bret off the road

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

thunderdan
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

bret off the road

Post by thunderdan »

DonJuanDeMarco
Headlining Clubs

Re: bret off the road

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

I don't know why he's announcing this now. He could've waiting until the end of the summer when his brain tumor comes back and the doctors force his to take the year off. Then the love of the fans gives him the strength to come back and do another 45 minute set.

Bret on skin cancer: "I'll admit... I like having a great time" "all is great"?

He said, “What happened was… I’m a guy, I admit it, I like being out in the sun, I like having a great time. I usually do the right thing and spray and protect, but sometimes it’s not gonna stop it. And it happened, and we thought we got it, and then when it came back, it took it to another level. It got a little scary for a moment, but all is great.”
"You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"
schlonginski
Opening for Slaughter

Post by schlonginski »

He was havin nuthin but a good time :mrgreen:

Needs a break = his clusterfück of a show wasn't selling and he has to step back and re-think how to stoke his ego next without involving the Poison boyz.
Anthrax442
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Anthrax442 »

DonJuanDeMarco wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:07 am I don't know why he's announcing this now. He could've waiting until the end of the summer when his brain tumor comes back and the doctors force his to take the year off. Then the love of the fans gives him the strength to come back and do another 45 minute set.
This seems like a contract demand in the press. He'd said Poison in 2025. Now it sounds like he's telling the rest of the band, "If you don't give me what I want, we're not going to play because I'm not feeling well and need to rest."

Meanwhile, he's got all of 13 dates booked all year.
MurrayFiend wrote:Shit, deathcurse, you sure know how to make an exit.
LSD69
Headlining Clubs

Post by LSD69 »

This is very unfortunate.
MrRocker
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by MrRocker »

I will bet ANYONE for ANY amount of money that it's total bullshit. Bret will not stop touring till he either dies or is physically unable.
Anthrax442
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Anthrax442 »

MrRocker wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:51 am I will bet ANYONE for ANY amount of money that it's total bullshit. Bret will not stop touring till he either dies or is physically unable.
I think the only question to that is what I posted. The fact that he only has 13 dates all year is pretty crazy. Vince will book 13 dates in his sleep.
MurrayFiend wrote:Shit, deathcurse, you sure know how to make an exit.
DrumminAway
Jamming in Parent's Basement

Post by DrumminAway »

Anthrax442 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:13 pm
MrRocker wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:51 am I will bet ANYONE for ANY amount of money that it's total bullshit. Bret will not stop touring till he either dies or is physically unable.
I think the only question to that is what I posted. The fact that he only has 13 dates all year is pretty crazy. Vince will book 13 dates in his sleep.
And suck at all 13.
ParaDime77
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by ParaDime77 »

Bret states “he is going to leave it all on the stage this year”

Awesome.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch