stp or aic

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

maestro63
Headlining Clubs

Re: stp or aic

Post by maestro63 »

With original singers both are great. With replacement members AIC is by far the better band. I did enjoy the Perdida album by STP though
Don't Damn Me
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Don't Damn Me »

STP by far. Possibly the only band I've compared to Led Zeppelin. Not for their greatness but just for their musicianship.
But they're still pretty great compared to one trick pony AIC
DangerZone
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by DangerZone »

Don't Damn Me wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:09 pm STP by far. Possibly the only band I've compared to Led Zeppelin. Not for their greatness but just for their musicianship.
🤔
zz666
Headlining Clubs

Post by zz666 »

Don't Damn Me wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:09 pm STP by far. Possibly the only band I've compared to Led Zeppelin. Not for their greatness but just for their musicianship.
100%
GoodJudge
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by GoodJudge »

Never mind the politics, that had got to be one of the most batshit things you've ever posted here!
Don't Damn Me
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Don't Damn Me »

GoodJudge wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:09 am
Never mind the politics, that had got to be one of the most batshit things you've ever posted here!
You just unintentionally made me spit out my coffee.
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

Ok I’ll give those 3 P Jam CDs another listen in Sofi parkinglot before Def Leppard

I’ll be honest CDs won’t have my full attention- that will go to double whopper- onion rings- strawberry shake and large chicken nuggets hopefully with honey mustard
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

STP might have more good albums, but they’ve got nothing that can touch Dirt or Jar of Flies.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
Ziggy Sawdust
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Ziggy Sawdust »

I think Jar of Flies is a masterpiece, I’m never that into their heavier stuff, id rather listen to Purple than Dirt or whatever.
Hell'sHungryChild wrote:
I have no desire to pay $150 to see an ant sized Ac/Dc and drink $12 beer cups.
Don't Damn Me
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Don't Damn Me »

ijwthstd wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:48 am AIC painfully bored me so much at the Hollywood Palladium in 1991 that I never got over it. Same for STP (1993), not boring but just terrible.
Was the Palladium show where half of the set was acoustic, with them sitting on a couch playing the tunes from sap that have not been released yet?
Don't Damn Me
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Don't Damn Me »

DangerZone wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:36 am AIC is the better, more creative band.
But like the guy above said, it’s pretty one note.

I rarely want to be in that head space.

As far as AIC connected music, I’d choose Mad Season
Mad Season was like Temple of the Dog - Better than anything else the participants had been a part of.
So deeply melancholy though. It's not a casual listen
ijwthstd
Platinum Artist

Post by ijwthstd »

Don't Damn Me wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:29 am
ijwthstd wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:48 am AIC painfully bored me so much at the Hollywood Palladium in 1991 that I never got over it. Same for STP (1993), not boring but just terrible.
Was the Palladium show where half of the set was acoustic, with them sitting on a couch playing the tunes from sap that have not been released yet?
It was the standard DIrt opening set for Megadeth. 3rd time seeing them out of 4 and it was just a wall of sludge and not in a good way.
"I went and saw Chickenfoot twice. I've suffered for being Sammy's friend" - Bob Forrest
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

Never saw STP, but I saw AiC get booed off the stage opening for VH in 91, then return as conquering heroes at Lollapalooza 2 years later. The crowd went berserk during Them Bones. Half the people went home after their set and skipped Primus.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.