The first time you felt old at a concert?

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Re: The first time you felt old at a concert?

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

Anthrax442 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:23 am The given scenario of "feeling old because everyone is younger" hasn't really happened for me, or I haven't noticed it anyway.

However, I DID feel old when seeing Aerosmith and Slash back in 2014. That was an OLD crowd, and I felt old just being in it.
Yeah the Van Halen reunion in 2007 gave me those vibes. I wasn't 40 yet, but everyone else there was.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
Asshole_Rose
Pimping Your Demo At Shows

Post by Asshole_Rose »

kytepunches wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:52 am I was wearing a 2023 Alice Cooper tour shirt .This young girl came up to me , in her early 20 's and says. It's so cool that he's still playing. That was my grandfathers favorite band.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Charles Bukaki
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Charles Bukaki »

Spongie wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:56 am Can’t say I’ve ever have. The bands I like aren’t a big draw for young people. At least not disproportionately.
That sums it up for me too. I've noticed a good number of younger fans at the last few Clutch shows I've been to but there are still plenty of us there who are as old as the band is.
Cindy Buzzedimisa
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Cindy Buzzedimisa »

I went to a KISS tribute band and my friend brought his half brother who had just turned 21. We were on the patio talking to people and someone asked if I was his mother.