Is KK sinking all his money into KK's priest?

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

parasite74
MSX Tour Support Act

Re: Is KK sinking all his money into KK's priest?

Post by parasite74 »

KK Priest is a much better band than Judas Priest is at this point. Both live and on record.
Black Stuff
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Black Stuff »

parasite74 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:37 am KK Priest is a much better band than Judas Priest is at this point. Both live and on record.
absolutely! Saw KK on the MORC, kicked ass like old days priest!
The power of Sludge compels you.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

parasite74 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:37 am KK Priest is a much better band than Judas Priest is at this point. Both live and on record.
They are great at playing Priest material. Their originals are generic, paint by numbers metal crap. Music for Priest fans who think Painkiller is their best album.
BernieTaupson
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by BernieTaupson »

WOLF wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:37 am Music for Priest fans who think Painkiller is their best album.
That’s who the real Priest is catering for as well.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

BernieTaupson wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:58 am
WOLF wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:37 am Music for Priest fans who think Painkiller is their best album.
That’s who the real Priest is catering for as well.
Not at all. If you listen to the new album the best part of it is the diversity. There’s absolutely elements of Painkiller, but also elements of Turbo/Ram It Down, the reunion era, the HBFL to Defenders era, and even a few passages that sound like early Priest. There’s not a melodic song like Crown of Horns on either of the KK records - they’re too busy bludgeoning the listener to death.
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

Nah.

It’s total Painkiller shit.

There’s a keyboard intro to the first song, that’s a bit different yes. Rest is Painkiller. Unless there’s an acoustic song like Angel or some soft stuff like the intro of Chains in there somewhere that I’ve forgotten about?
GreatWhiteSnake
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

Live maybe. On record? Worst song on Crown of Horns better than anything Ripper could come up with...
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
Love_Industry
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Love_Industry »

BernieTaupson wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:29 am Nah.

It’s total Painkiller shit.

There’s a keyboard intro to the first song, that’s a bit different yes. Rest is Painkiller. Unless there’s an acoustic song like Angel or some soft stuff like the intro of Chains in there somewhere that I’ve forgotten about?
Some examples:
Fight of Your Life could have been on HBFL, The Lodger is like Blood Red Skies or Out in the Cold. Escape from Reality and Giants in the Sky aren't exactly Painfiller either.

Basically they kick off wirh three wannabe Painkillers, then it's like "Yeah... we can be our old selves again".
Love_Industry

Post by Love_Industry »

HottKarl777 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:35 pm In the 80s Rob was anything but dorky. He was the Metal God.
His dorkiness started around Painkiller and got progressively worse.

No I'm sorry man but he never looked cool. He looked like he rolled out of the Blue Oyster.
[/quote]

Maybe it's an US thing. Or I was too young but I don't recall that from the 80's. Gays were thought to look feminine, so Leppard, Bon Jovi and Europe were sometimes called gay, not Priest - or Accept before BTTW.
veritas
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by veritas »

I, too, have been wondering where the money is coming from with KK's Priest.....

Although he got crushed on the golf course, IF he did the purchase correctly as an LLC or whatever it might be in Scotland or England and with investors, his personal money may not/ should not have been decimated, depending on how much of a personal stake he invested into the company himself....

I also want to add my vote that Judas Priest's spangly, blingey leathery outfits do not look cool and in fact look ridiculous on elderly men. I think 1984 was the last year that they look sorta cool.....
Ozzy Stradlin

Post by Ozzy Stradlin »

If KK’s Priest are playing live, I guarantee you that they’re making money, otherwise they wouldn’t bother.
DangerZone
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by DangerZone »

Don't Damn Me wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:24 pm
BernieTaupson wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:26 pm Glenn has always been a dork.
I always thought of Rob as the dorky element of the band. Especially when you compare him to somebody like Bruce Dickinson.
And I thought Glenn was like the cool one. No matter where you stand on that I think everyone has to admit he is a way underrated guitarist and songwriter
Bruce is about as dorky as it gets
Love_Industry

Post by Love_Industry »

veritas wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:30 am I also want to add my vote that Judas Priest's spangly, blingey leathery outfits do not look cool and in fact look ridiculous on elderly men. I think 1984 was the last year that they look sorta cool.....
1984 was the first time they crossed the line and looked cartoonish and not dangerous. The Turbo and Ram It Down looks were better ince you got used to KK's perm, but then came Rob's "bald old man in tattoos" look around Painkiller and that was it for Priest. Of course the Bret Michaels wannabe singer in Posera ripped off that look when they toured together.