ROY CATHEY = UNHAPPY ... I’m watching Gen X crowd request Tribute Bands for cruises designated for original artists

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

gtrjay
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: ROY CATHEY = UNHAPPY ... I’m watching Gen X crowd request Tribute Bands for cruises designated for original artists

Post by gtrjay »

I’m completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. These two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death.
George Carlin - Modern Philosopher
Hellbentforfeathers
Opening Act in Local Bars

Re: ROY CATHEY = UNHAPPY ... I’m watching Gen X crowd request Tribute Bands for cruises designated for original artists

Post by Hellbentforfeathers »

Cold Sweat is all you need
Police and Naggerz
Get outta my way
MetalSludgeCEO
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

aznsquirt wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:37 am Random Q for the CEO: If you had to sing in a tribute band, what would you pick? (From an enjoyment/passion perspective, setting the financials aka how bookable that band would be).

To the OP, if we ever had a situation where tribute bands are getting booked over the band they tribute, I could start to see his point. But I'm guessing that Mac Sabbath isn't exactly stealing gigs from Ozzy...

""""""""""""""""Random Q for the CEO: If you had to sing in a tribute band, what would you pick?"""""""""""""""

First off... I have actually considered joining a band, or two, or a cover band/tribute over the recent years.

To get out and play more, keep my voice in better (Live) shape in between Tuff gigs and solo shows, etc..

But in ANY project... in ANY situation... across the board in LIFE.... there has to be a "balance"... of all of the above.

Some of the shows I do, we (I) get great guarantees, some we (I) get less... some times we go on 1st, sometimes we support and some shows we (I) headline.

You can't just say "No" for 1 reason or say "Yes" for another. At least in my eyes...

I base everything off a variation of factors... not just 1 thing or the other.

I have heard stories.... example, the artist says "I need $5,000.00 per show, or I won't go" and he gets offered 3 shows for $14,500.00... and he says "Nope" and won't do it.

To me... this is stupid... but what do I know... I do my thing, others do theirs. I have heard all kinds of silliness, and unreasonable demands and requests.

There has to be Wins and Losses, Ups and Downs, Highs & Lows in everything... learn to go with the flow!

I have told other "name" guys about my adventures, going to these other countries... and often get a mixed bag of replies.

"Dude, F#@K that... I ain't spending 12 hours on a plane" and "Is it a 5-star hotel?" and "How much is the guarantee?" and then they suggest some ridiculous number or they won't go... all good, have fun at home. lol

I have built from the ground up, back in the day, and in the last 5-10, 15-20 or 25+ years... with RLS, with Sludge, with VoJ, with touring all these odd places and more.

At this point in life, I have to laugh at some of these musician's and their delusion, perspective and approach... I do me... and I do it well. And don't GAF about anyone else.

$tEvil