New interview with Jeff Pilson

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

metalmike76
Recording Your Demo

New interview with Jeff Pilson

Post by metalmike76 »

Just had Jeff Pilson on the Metalcast. Great conversations about the new The End Machine album, new Foreigner music, Dokken, CMC Records, Dio Strange Highways, and more.

Also...Tonight at 9PM Eastern! Metalcast Radio Show with music and stories from Jeff Pilson! Come on and join in the live chat. Last week was a blast. Here’s a link:
youtu.be/24yO0QBSbz8
Rocker4Real
Opening Act in Local Bars

Re: New interview with Jeff Pilson

Post by Rocker4Real »

Was he pissed about the boxed set? https://blabbermouth.net/news/jeff-pils ... -1983-1987

Pilson said: "I don't know, because we have very, very little to do with all that now. It's a complicated business thing, but I don't know. I know I was disappointed in the box set ['The Elektra Albums 1983 - 1987', containing 'Breaking The Chains', 'Tooth And Nail', 'Under Lock And Key' and 'Back For The Attack'] that came out last year. I just thought it was plain. There's no extras whatsoever. And, see, that's corporate people making decisions not based on anything artistic or anything fan-oriented, and that pisses me off, frankly. I mean, I'd love people to buy it because I think they should buy it, but it kind of pisses me off that they put out a product with so little thought behind it. I've got shit lying around that could have been great extra stuff. And I offered, by the way, and nobody listened. And that makes me angry… And they didn't remaster the vinyl correctly. I would love to see it done correctly, and there are companies that do it, but now they're not gonna be interested because it just came out So, I don't know. I don't think we're gonna get a good re-release of that, unfortunately, because I think it should happen too. But such is life."