Band lineups you wish would have gone on for longer

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Love_Industry
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: Band lineups you wish would have gone on for longer

Post by Love_Industry »

Sometimes wishes come true. At least if you're an Icontard.

The original Icon line-up is recording a new album and posted a first snippet in their facebook group today.

What does it sound like? It sounds like Icon. Clifford still sounds like it's 1985. Join the Icon Nation group if you want to listen, didn't link as I think the post is restricted to group members
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

AlexVonHaig wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:54 am Lynch Mob with Oni Logan
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
alexleehooker
Buying Cool Stage Clothes

Post by alexleehooker »

Bono Nettencourt wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:02 pm
alexleehooker wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:37 am coverdale/page
Never realized til recently that Restless Heart was the C/P band with Vandy subbed in for Page.
woah! me neither. I shall have to revisit that!!!!!
BernieTaupson
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by BernieTaupson »

It’s not though, the bassplayer is different. Neither of the two guys who played on C/P are on Restless Heart.

And Brett Tuggle did keyboards on Restless Heart and not C/P.

Coverdale vocals and Denny Carmassi drums and backing vocals by Tommy Funderburk, those are the only ones on both.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

It's the touring band from Japan. Close'nuff.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Bono Nettencourt wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:02 pm
alexleehooker wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:37 am coverdale/page
Never realized til recently that Restless Heart was the C/P band with Vandy subbed in for Page.
Really? I thought Restless Heart was that country pop/rock group that did "I'll Still Be Loving You" and "When She Cries".
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
daveg
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by daveg »

joey78 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:10 am
aznsquirt wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:39 am Cherone in VH (yes im sure I'm the only one, but I've always suspected another album with him in the band could've been really good).
They made the mistake of recording an album without touring first.
VH3 and the subsequent Tour …Eddie was absolutely on fire ….VH3 has some of Eddie’s finest guitar playing .
Never thought about that cause III was so bad, but I would have liked to see what they could have done as a follow up with Gary... Or maybe Eddie was just out of idea's at that point, but another album would have been better than waiting ..what ...1/4 century for another one.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

daveg wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:00 am
joey78 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:10 am
aznsquirt wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:39 am Cherone in VH (yes im sure I'm the only one, but I've always suspected another album with him in the band could've been really good).
They made the mistake of recording an album without touring first.
VH3 and the subsequent Tour …Eddie was absolutely on fire ….VH3 has some of Eddie’s finest guitar playing .
Never thought about that cause III was so bad, but I would have liked to see what they could have done as a follow up with Gary... Or maybe Eddie was just out of idea's at that point, but another album would have been better than waiting ..what ...1/4 century for another one.
You need to read this thread:

https://forums.metalsludge.tv/forums/vi ... e174b462f3
Chip Z'Hoy
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

VH3 does indeed have some cool guitar stuff on it but suggesting it's anywhere near, say, Fair Warning is preposterous.
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
Gibsonite
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Gibsonite »

With Dickey Betts' passing today, I'm thinking of how fucking good the ABB sounded with him, Warren Haynes & Allen Woody playing together. Sometimes I feel this version of the band was just as good, and on some nights better than the original lineup.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Gibsonite wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:13 pm With Dickey Betts' passing today, I'm thinking of how fucking good the ABB sounded with him, Warren Haynes & Allen Woody playing together. Sometimes I feel this version of the band was just as good, and on some nights better than the original lineup.
It was a great revival.
El Vampiro Blanco
Headlining Clubs

Post by El Vampiro Blanco »

Love_Industry wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:37 pm
El Vampiro Blanco wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:22 am KISS with Vincent. That first VVI as a Kiss album would have been fantastic. Great songs, no high whiney singer and no ridiculous guitar solos.
According to the book Time Traveler, Vinnie demoed five songs for the next Kiss album with Hirsh Gardner on drums in early 1984 and according to Gardner, Vinnie was on the phone with Gene and /or Paul every day when they were recording so Vinnie's time with Kiss wasn't over when the tour ended as was previously thought. There WAS an alternate universe where he could have played on Animalize and got five of his songs on there.

The songs were: Boyz are Gonna Rock, Shoot U Full of Love, Animal, Twisted and Gypsy in her Eyes which didn't make it to the VVI albums. According to the book, those (mostly instrumental" demos are superb and make the VVI versions sound lifeless.
Wasn't Boyz are Gonna Rock already on Lick it Up as On the Eight Day?? Would have been a bit weird to record it again on the follow up album.
I know they also tried Back on the Streets and for some unimaginable reason did not put it on Lick it Up....I've also heard supposedly Lick it Up era demos of Gypsy in her Eyes, but since VInnie is singing, they might have well been Vinnie demos from before or after his time with KISS. Almost all of these songs you mention he already had in some form before being involved in KISS.
Gibsonite
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Gibsonite »

Bono Nettencourt wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:30 pm
Gibsonite wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:13 pm With Dickey Betts' passing today, I'm thinking of how fucking good the ABB sounded with him, Warren Haynes & Allen Woody playing together. Sometimes I feel this version of the band was just as good, and on some nights better than the original lineup.
It was a great revival.
The stuff dreams are made of
Love_Industry

Post by Love_Industry »

El Vampiro Blanco wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:10 am
Wasn't Boyz are Gonna Rock already on Lick it Up as On the Eight Day?? Would have been a bit weird to record it again on the follow up album.
I know they also tried Back on the Streets and for some unimaginable reason did not put it on Lick it Up....I've also heard supposedly Lick it Up era demos of Gypsy in her Eyes, but since VInnie is singing, they might have well been Vinnie demos from before or after his time with KISS. Almost all of these songs you mention he already had in some form before being involved in KISS.
Back on the Streets was demoed for Creatures, not LIU. And it would have fit better on there with it's slower tempo and darker feel. But you're right about Boyz. Vinnie just didn't like Gene's chorus so he went back to the Warrior demo and rewrote the chorus slightly.