Band lineups you wish would have gone on for longer

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Traxan
Headlining Clubs

Re: Band lineups you wish would have gone on for longer

Post by Traxan »

LurkingAtWork wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:19 pm Is that the same Legion from Marduk? If so he rules and I wish he were still in Marduk.
Yep, the same. He only did one album but it was a monster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z88mSch_fwc
ParaDime77
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by ParaDime77 »

Soto- Journey
Corabi - RATT
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
Gibsonite
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Gibsonite »

I'm one of probably about 3 ppl who wish RHCP had done another album with Dave Navarro. I liked the Jane's/Peppers hybrid style with the heavier guitars. Call me crazy I guess
Terrapin
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by Terrapin »

Dio- Craig Goldy
Nirvana- Joan Jett
Ramones- Richie
Pink Floyd - Syd Barrett
Kiss- Ace/Singer
Cloven Hoof- original line up
BernieTaupson
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by BernieTaupson »

Doug Aldrich Whitesnake
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

Tommy2Tone84 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:33 am Racer X
Jellyfish
Pavement
10CC (with Godley and Creme)
Bloodhound Gang
Kent
Mansun
The Verve
risingfarce
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by risingfarce »

KISS: Paul/Gene/Bruce/Eric Singer (wish that they had recorded many more studio cds; wish that lineup had been the one from 1992 through 2023)

KISS: Paul/Gene/Eric Singer/Tommy (wish that they had recorded at least one more studio cd)

Triumph: Wish that they would have continued with Rik, but also, gone back to their heavier material.

Black Sabbath: w/ Dio

DIO: w/ Vivian Campbell

Ozzy: w/ Randy Rhoads and w/ Jake E Lee

Fleetwood Mac: "Rumours" lineup; would have liked a new studio cd after "The Dance"

Elton John: Wish that the Elton John Band had remained the entire time (Davey Johnstone, Dee Murray, Nigel Olsson) and Bernie Taupin had been there the entire time.

Iron Maiden: Wish that the Clive Burr, Adrian Smith, Bruce Dickinson lineup would have lasted.

Bruce Dickinson: Wish that the "Accident Of Birth"/"The Chemical Wedding lineup (Roy Z, Eddie Casillas, David Ingraham, Adrian Smith) would have been there the entire time. They were a great band, a band that I like more than Maiden.

Journey: Wish that the "Evolution"/"Departure" lineup had been there the entire time.

Journey: In place of the above, wish Steve Augeri hadn't had a medical issue with his voice.

Styx: Wish that Dennis DeYoung had been there the entire time and JY was the one who had been fired.

Judas Priest: KK should have been there until the end.

Mr. Big: Wish that Paul Gilbert hadn't left the band.

Sweet: Wish that Brian Connolly wasn't a fuck up and the band would have continued in a heavy direction.

Union: Wish that they had success and had made more studio cds.

Boston: Wish that they had been a true band and released better cds after "Don't Look Back".
roxxxtar
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by roxxxtar »

Bruce Kulick’s band he used on the Kiss Kruise
Todd Kerns, Bruce, his brother Bob, and Brent Fitz.
They were bad ass.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Rmf26m20Y ... Mga3J1aXNl
roxxxtar
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by roxxxtar »

Poison with Blues Saraceno.
I think Crack A Smile is the best thing Poison ever recorded.
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

HueyRamone wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:51 pm
cowpins wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:43 pm STONEBREED lineup with Onion Rings, Brandon Paul, and the "money order didn't clear" dude. Those were the good ole days.
How dare you forget the name of Osteo Porosis!!
I kinda felt bad for him. He had been loyal to Stonebreed Dude for years prior to being traded in for a younger model.
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
aznsquirt
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by aznsquirt »

Lots of good picks. Sykes Whitesnake is the most obvious one.

Another one I thought was obvious but nobody's mentioned (not hair metal) is of course pre-plane crash Skynyrd.

Good call on Reb Beach w/Dokken.

Cherone in VH (yes im sure I'm the only one, but I've always suspected another album with him in the band could've been really good).

I'm also surprised nobody's mentioned Metallica with Cliff and Dave. I know we "got Megadeth out of it" but it still would be amazing to know where they would've gone music wise if he had stuck around.

MK III Deep Purple is a pick here. It would be very interesting to see where they may have gone as Coverdale matured.

I wouldn't have hated to hear Blood In Blood Out with Rob Dukes on vocals.

I'm sure there's plenty of others and I'm drawing a blank.
Sleek
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Sleek »

risingfarce wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:11 pm Sweet: Wish that Brian Connolly wasn't a fuck up and the band would have continued in a heavy direction.
4 more years and they could have cashed in on being glam godfathers like Slade did.
ROADHEAD wrote:I've never tasted coffee
HueyRamone wrote:I like Radio Gaga
HueyRamone wrote:QUIT FUCKING WITH MY SETLIST, ASSWIPE!

Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

Sleek wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:24 am
risingfarce wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:11 pm Sweet: Wish that Brian Connolly wasn't a fuck up and the band would have continued in a heavy direction.
4 more years and they could have cashed in on being glam godfathers like Slade did.
Wasn't Slade just as dead around that time? The main difference was that QR covered Slade and had a big hit, but nobody did Sweet covers until the mid 80s, and it was a shitty band like Krokus at that.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

GoodJudge wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:06 pm
Bono Nettencourt wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:59 pm
GoodJudge wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:33 pm No-one else wants Appetite-era GNR??? Y'know, the only one that really counts?
Eh... Adler was a junkie who couldn't keep time, and everything Izzy did after he left sucked ass.
It's a fantasy list. With people who died'n'stuff. The sprawling mess that is UYI proved Appetite-era GNR were far greater than the sum of their parts. Not long after that they were just another band, initially trying and failing to live up to their legend, then not even bothering to try.
The problem was that there was no 1A to offset Axls running roughshod over the band. That would've happened whether Izzy and Adler stayed or not.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
Dyslexicheart
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Dyslexicheart »

Stones with Mick Taylor
Van Halen with Roth
Last edited by Dyslexicheart on Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rubysdad
Having Slaughter Open for You

Post by rubysdad »

If only Bon hadn’t died.
The Sacred Cowman
Headlining Clubs

Post by The Sacred Cowman »

Don Dokken - Billy White - John Norum - Pater Baltes - Mikkey Dee
Lynch Mob with John West
Shy with Lee Small: Sreve Harris is gone too soon.
Praying Mantis with Tony O'Hora
Yngwie with Joe Lynn Turner
At Vance with Mats Leven
Balance Of Power with John K
risingfarce
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by risingfarce »

aznsquirt wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:39 amCherone in VH (yes im sure I'm the only one, but I've always suspected another album with him in the band could've been really good).
I thought of that one, too, but didn't put it on my list.

Gary Cherone had said that he wished Van Halen had gone on tour first when he became a member of the band, then recorded a studio cd. Perhaps the material would have been closer to what people expected of Van Halen.
Love_Industry

Post by Love_Industry »

Europe with Kee Marcello
Priest with Les Binks
Bad Moon Rising
Mercyful Fate with Denner and Ruzz
Ziggy Sawdust
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Ziggy Sawdust »

Gibsonite wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:49 pm I'm one of probably about 3 ppl who wish RHCP had done another album with Dave Navarro. I liked the Jane's/Peppers hybrid style with the heavier guitars. Call me crazy I guess

It sure beats the shit out of their current mediocre music.
Hell'sHungryChild wrote:
I have no desire to pay $150 to see an ant sized Ac/Dc and drink $12 beer cups.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

No, it was awful. I remember really straining to find things to like on OHM. VH III-level disaster.
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by HueyRamone »

Bono Nettencourt wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:51 pm
Wasn't Slade just as dead around that time? The main difference was that QR covered Slade and had a big hit,
Slade had a hit with Run Runaway, and it was even their biggest US hit, i think. If "at that time" includes 1984
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

HueyRamone wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:34 am
Bono Nettencourt wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:51 pm
Wasn't Slade just as dead around that time? The main difference was that QR covered Slade and had a big hit,
Slade had a hit with Run Runaway, and it was even their biggest US hit, i think. If "at that time" includes 1984
Correct, and it was a direct consequence of being revived by the hit QR cover.
the_man_incognito
Headlining Clubs

Post by the_man_incognito »

Alcatrazz with Yngwie...
Best album he ever played on IMO...first couple of solo albums were great too...
Traxan
Headlining Clubs

Post by Traxan »

the_man_incognito wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:43 am Alcatrazz with Yngwie...
Best album he ever played on IMO...first couple of solo albums were great too...
Alcatrazz now has Jeff Loomis. I'd call that an upgrade.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

the_man_incognito wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:43 am Alcatrazz with Yngwie...
Concur. Bonnet too.
Earl Skakel
Headlining Clubs

Post by Earl Skakel »

I know I'm in the minority on this one but I would have liked one more album with Mark St John just too see what he could do as I love the guitar sound on Animalize. I mean how bad could he have been if Grover Jackson himself brought him to KISS in the first place?
The Inappropriate Earl Podcast is on Itunes or Soundcloud
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ina ... 96362?mt=2
https://soundcloud.com/inappropriate-earl
http://www.twitter.com/earlskakel
New comedy album out on Itunes under Earl Skakel
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

He didn't have any writing credits and they had to bring Kulick in to finish a couple of the songs so I wonder how instrumental he really was in the recording of that album. He also later said that the arthuritis was a coverup because he pretty much left because they couldn't stand him and vv.
Earl Skakel
Headlining Clubs

Post by Earl Skakel »

Bono Nettencourt wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:46 am He didn't have any writing credits and they had to bring Kulick in to finish a couple of the songs so I wonder how instrumental he really was in the recording of that album. He also later said that the arthuritis was a coverup because he pretty much left because they couldn't stand him and vv.
I would just be more curious to see what a follow up album with him would have sounded like. It's hard to know who to believe but most of that album was recorded with him and a sound engineer with Paul phoning in directions and Gene off filming Miami Vice and Runaway so I'm sure he was like a lost dog in the pound not knowing what they truly wanted. I thought Kulick only came in for Lonely Is The Hunter? The Poughkeepsie Live Off The Soundboard with St. John on it sounds pretty good as I thought live anyway him and Carr were more inline with each other than Carr and Vincent.
The Inappropriate Earl Podcast is on Itunes or Soundcloud
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ina ... 96362?mt=2
https://soundcloud.com/inappropriate-earl
http://www.twitter.com/earlskakel
New comedy album out on Itunes under Earl Skakel
TheCULTofMANSON
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by TheCULTofMANSON »

Wish Wyse and Dimkitch would have stayed in The Cult, that was their best lineup besides the original. We’re lucky to still have Tempesta. Also dont understand why they have a keyboardist now instead of 2nd guitarist, kind of pointless
RockSkar wrote:
Patton could sing anything that those other singers have ever sang. But none of them could sing Patton's catalog.
Itwalksamongus wrote:
Dude - did you, like, just get ass-fucked by Patton or something? You're really off the hook here.