Danny Lilker is back...

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Anthrax442
Cockblocked by Poison

Danny Lilker is back...

Post by Anthrax442 »

Temporarily.

DAN LILKER TO JOIN ANTHRAX FOR UPCOMING U.S. AND SOUTH AMERICAN TOUR DATES
Due to personal reasons, Frank will not be able to accompany the band on its upcoming South American tour, set to kick off April 13 at MXMF the Metal Fest.
Filling in on those dates, as well as two U.S. festival shows in May, will be Anthrax founding member and original bassist Dan Lilker, marking his first appearance with the band in 40 years. Lilker, who co-wrote and played on Anthrax’s debut album Fistful of Metal, was also a member of Stormtroopers of Death with Charlie Benante and Scott Ian.
“I’m really looking forward to jamming with Anthrax again,” said Lilker. "When we parted ways back in 1984, they told me to stick around because they might need me in 40 years."
Added the band, “We’re all very excited about with playing with Danny again, and we really appreciate his filling in for Frank. It’s been way too long since we played South America, so you don’t want to miss these shows, they’re going to be insane.”
With Lilker on bass, dates for Anthrax’s upcoming tour are as follows:
APRIL
13 MXMF The Metal Fest, Ciudad De México, Mexico
15 Cancha Diamante, San Salvador, El Salvador
17 Pepper's, San Jose, Costa Rica
19 The Metal Fest, Quito, Ecuador
21 The Metal Fest, Santiago, Chile
23 Sala de Museo, Montevideo, Uruguay
25 El Teatro Flores, Buenos Aires, Argentina
28 Summer Breeze Open Air, São Paulo, Brazil
MAY
9 Welcome to Rockville, Daytona Beach, FL
17 Sonic Temple Festival, Columbus, OH

Scott posted to threads about the "Ka wheel moving" (Dark Tower reference) yesterday ahead of the announcement, and Joey jumped the gun and posted it last night, and then deleted it. But looks like it's official now. No word on what's going on with Frank at the moment, that I can tell.
MurrayFiend wrote:Shit, deathcurse, you sure know how to make an exit.
Wednesday 13 Fan
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Re: Danny Lilker is back...

Post by Wednesday 13 Fan »

Wow, that's a surprise. Good for Dan, I guess. Maybe they'll start talking about doing some S.O.D. stuff.
Anthrax442
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Anthrax442 »

Wednesday 13 Fan wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:19 am Wow, that's a surprise. Good for Dan, I guess. Maybe they'll start talking about doing some S.O.D. stuff.
If they're still only doing a 12 song headlining set, I fucking hope not. But maybe they could squeeze in something real quick on these shows, and give Joey a vocal break.
Wednesday 13 Fan
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Wednesday 13 Fan »

Anthrax442 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:03 am
Wednesday 13 Fan wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:19 am Wow, that's a surprise. Good for Dan, I guess. Maybe they'll start talking about doing some S.O.D. stuff.
If they're still only doing a 12 song headlining set, I fucking hope not. But maybe they could squeeze in something real quick on these shows, and give Joey a vocal break.
No, definitely not at the Anthrax show-just a little goof off in between tours. I wonder if Billy Milano is around any more.
inextrem
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by inextrem »

They should give Milano a phone call and play the entire "Speak English Or Die" album on all these shows.
Whatever Happened To…
Headlining Clubs

Post by Whatever Happened To… »

inextrem wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:12 pm They should give Milano a phone call and play the entire "Speak English Or Die" album on all these shows.
NOT!
killdrum
Opening for Slaughter

Post by killdrum »

Whatever Happened To… wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:14 am
inextrem wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:12 pm They should give Milano a phone call and play the entire "Speak English Or Die" album on all these shows.
NOT!
I don't think Milano is a fan of Scott and Charlie any longer. And...probably never really was. lol
Lobo
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Lobo »

This is from way back in 2002 but I don't think Milano's views on Scott and Charlie have changed, there's some bad blood there for sure:

https://blabbermouth.net/news/s-o-d-s-b ... -are-fired

S.O.D. frontman Billy Milano has issued a follow-up statement in response to the growing criticism over his decision to seek out replacements for guitarist Scott Ian and drummer Charlie Benante, both of whom are widely viewed as integral members of the group.

"First off, as far as former FEAR FACTORY drummer Ray Herrera is concerned, he said to me at the FEAR FACTORY show in Dallas last year that when I was ready to get a 'REAL' drummer in S.O.D. to call him and let him know," Milano said. "END QUOTE!!! TRUTH!!!!!

Secondly, I will do what I want with S.O.D. Charlie and Scott are fired!!!!! They never gave a fuck about the S.O.D. fans anyway. So I am going to find two guys to do it from somewhere and bassist Danny Lilker will do it if he chooses to do it. But, This still is not going to help Charlene (a.k.a. Charlie) and Dimebag Ian (a.k.a. Scott). They called Lilker to ask if we were gonna do S.O.D. without them, but didn't call Lilker to apologize for fucking him on the VH1 special.

These guys know I am serious and the real deal. Maybe the next guy I hang out a window on the second floor will be you, Scott. For real."

This one is from 2015:

https://dyingscene.com/archive/dan-lilk ... on-rumors/

Billy Milano also commented on the reunion situation, telling Blabbermouth.net,

“all the members of SOD were contacted via email to contribute to a 30 year anniversary edition package by Missi from MEGAFORCE who is one of the honest people still in this dying industry. She also mentioned in her e-mail that it would be fun to have a show to celebrate it. To my surprise everyone including myself replied that sounds like fun.

I went to NYC to visit family and friends and was asked to be interviewd on Jimmy Gestapos Radio show. His buddy Mike is the co host of the show and owns the NYHC black and Blue festival. They asked if I woulkd be interested in playing with SOD. It was the same day I met with Missi from Megaforce. I said yes. We announced it giving plenty of time for Charlie and Scott to make it happen.

I also went to NY to collect the money Scott and Charlie owe me for covering songs I own publishing on. (HEY JOHN BUSH I HEARD THEY DIDNT PAY YOU EITHER! I TRIED TO WARN YOU BUT HEY I’M THE BAD GUY). It didnt happen so in my mind I called the shows off 3 days later.

I also had the shows based as a benefit, I wanted to help a couple of Dog rescue groups I follow on facebook. Second chance rescue in ny and a Tonkers rescue group. This way the band didnt have a reunion for money and it actually helps someone and adds to the good karma of the music scene. Charlie Benante said why does it have to be a benefit we can make a lot of money. Ok, so at this point SOD is done, they are trying to talk to me via friends and booking agents and the answer is NO!!!!

MOD is finishing a record. I have a new group Billy Be Dammed and I love my life in Austin Texas. As far as me being right wing, no shit! The days and INSANITY of political correctness is coming to a head… Enjoy the Chaos and Get a gun, Go Mueria! VOTE TRUMP!”
Ham Stroker's Ejacula
Transylvanian Wang

Post by Ham Stroker's Ejacula »

Milano dedicating "Kill Yourself" to Scott Ian back in 2014 at Hellfest:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPgKBqO ... nel=SODMOD
Anthrax442
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Anthrax442 »

Lobo wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:11 am This is from way back in 2002 but I don't think Milano's views on Scott and Charlie have changed, there's some bad blood there for sure:
Ironically, I think it was Billy that leaked that the original Joey reunion in 2005 was going to happen, and that John was out.
killdrum
Opening for Slaughter

Post by killdrum »

They're well known for their longtime "accounting" issues. Everyone has had to chase money. Lilker has a solid job now,so probably doing it for fun.