Re-Reading 20 Questions with Slaughter's Inner Circle

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Hellbound
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Re-Reading 20 Questions with Slaughter's Inner Circle

Post by Hellbound »

Bit of a classic this

https://web.archive.org/web/20031210102 ... Circle.htm

Slaughter got shat on heaps back in the day but if the stories are true then fair enough.

What I want to know is:

Dragonfly "aka" Mind Pie: Was a band from Philly that Tim discovered, this band kicked major ass! They had it all and would have gone a long way, but once again Dickhead Strum got involved and fucked it up, they did a record for Chrysalis, but it got shelved. When Candyass Mark Slaughter lost his voice, Tim recommended they forget Candyass Slaughter and hire the singer from Mind Pie, who in Tim's words was a real singer !! I second that. Mark never let Tim live that down and tried to get Dickhead Strum to fire Tim during his trial, but of course Tim told him to go fuck himself.

I can't find anything about this band, does anyone know a single thing about Dragonfly who apparently became Mind Pie?

Yes I got nothing better to do.
jhenders
Blowing Advance from Record Label

Re: Re-Reading 20 Questions with Slaughter's Inner Circle

Post by jhenders »

I'm not 100% positive, but I believe this shelved album was ultimately released as Monkeyhead in 2001 on Frontiers Records. Jason Hook is the guitarist and Beau Hill produced.

There's a song on the album called "Dragon Fly", and I vaguely remember seeing the band featured in Metal Edge.
Last edited by jhenders on Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

Side note: Why is the 20 Questions section of Metal Sludge such a mess?
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
Hellbound
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Hellbound »

jhenders wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:50 am I'm not 100% positive, but I believe this shelved album was ultimately released as Monkeyhead in 2001 on Frontiers Records. Jason Hook is the guitarist and Beau Hill produced.

There's a song on the album called "Dragon Fly", and I vaguely remember seeing the band featured in Metal Edge.
Thanks for the info! I'll try and look into that then.
Mister Freeze wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:00 am Side note: Why is the 20 Questions section of Metal Sludge such a mess?
Round the time it changed over in 2004 or whenever the coming out was, lots of old links didn't work anymore and since then I only used the archive. But that ain't perfect either. Not all links work and lots of pictures are missing.
Rocker4Real
Opening Act in Local Bars

Post by Rocker4Real »

A source told me that Blas is nice and Dana is not.