GREAT NEWS!!! THE RETURN OF REVIS!!!

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

LovePowerFromTheMamaHead
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

GREAT NEWS!!! THE RETURN OF REVIS!!!

Post by LovePowerFromTheMamaHead »

no, not the defensive back. The band Revis has announced a reunion with all original members, scheduled a few concert dates and have a announced an EP will be released.

Their only full release was the brilliant 2003 release "Places for Breathing". After that, they recorded an album worth of songs, but disbanded before they were released. They reunited in 2011 with 3/5 original lineup and recorded another album + worth of songs, but only a few were officially released. The album was to be called "Do We Have to Beg?" They disbanded when they had a dispute with the record company and they couldn't agree how to go forward.

Now, 2024, they have released 2 new songs already on streaming services.
It has been hard being a fan of this band because they had so much potential and we have wanted a follow up so bad to their excellent debut. One of the few albums I never skip a song on. Luckily, a lot of their unreleased stuff has been available, but we have missed out on a lot of songs that have remained unreleased. The 2011 reunion was such a disappointment because they stuff they did release officially and the leaks were really good. It looked like we were finally going to get the second album....then crickets.

Anyway, they do have sludge ties as their early demos were produced by Tommy Henriksen and Jeff Pilson.
ROADHEAD wrote:No, the book is live. I can see guys holding guitars in it. It's a live book.
DeathCurse wrote:A guy like Mamahead couldn't inspire anyone to hand over 5 bucks. He's not a douche, he's not awesome. He's just here.
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: GREAT NEWS!!! THE RETURN OF REVIS!!!

Post by LAglamrocker »

Honestly :this might be worst idea from a band I have never heard of
Imagine being a bigger failure than Flickerstick#thefinalboss
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
superglide88
Headlining Clubs

Post by superglide88 »

Is it a return if no one knew they existed in the first place?
Vandermint wrote:At best, KISS is Alice Cooper for dumb people
eddie lee roth wrote:myself and members of my family could use some help but I'm supposed to help some fucker in a banana suit first.
Get the fuck out of here with this bullshit :!:
Psychobolia.com
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas
Location: Paris, France, land of sleaze and cheese, wine and whine

Post by Psychobolia.com »

Revis and Rutthead...THEY RULE...huh huh huh...
LovePowerFromTheMamaHead
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by LovePowerFromTheMamaHead »

Well, the website I went to listed their May 30th show at Headliners in Louisville as only 50 tickets left. Capacity of the venue is listed as 600. Their other 2 shows posted are in their home state of Illinois. One is the Castle Theater which is listed as 300-700 capacity. So yeah, maybe not a big demand for this, but for fans that have been craving a real follow up album only to be teased and let down several times, it is pretty cool.

Most of the demos for their first attempt at a second album have leaked, but only about 7 studio versions of the songs from the reunion attempt (rumored to have been up to 25 songs) have been released or leaked. I have managed to find about another 6 or so from live shows, but the sound quality is bad.

Their first single
Caught in the Rain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yn_zhdYFABE

From first reunion attempt
Save Our Souls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7-267mhJCo
Are You Taking Me Home
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAgHo63Em4g

New Song
My Imagination
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erzLR3fhoi8
ROADHEAD wrote:No, the book is live. I can see guys holding guitars in it. It's a live book.
DeathCurse wrote:A guy like Mamahead couldn't inspire anyone to hand over 5 bucks. He's not a douche, he's not awesome. He's just here.