The Double Stop Podcast

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

FoolsDie
Playing Frat Parties

The Double Stop Podcast

Post by FoolsDie »

Hey Guys,

Just a heads-up for those interested, I've brought back the Double Stop Podcast and am doing episodes again.

Recent interviews include Chris Collier (Producer: Korn, Whitesnake, Last in Line, Lynch Mob), Maor Applebaum (Mastering Engineer) and Adam Hamilton (Producer: LA Guns, William Shatner). Next up is Jeff Pilson.

Available in all the usual spots. Let me know if you have any cool ideas for guests (especially producers/mixers/engineers)
Motorhead
Doing 10 Questions with Metal Sludge

Re: The Double Stop Podcast

Post by Motorhead »

Loved your podcast. Really glad it’s back.
"We're Motörhead. And we play rock n' roll."
TeslaFan
Recording Debut Album

Post by TeslaFan »

Motorhead wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:08 pm Loved your podcast. Really glad it’s back.
Same. There have been some great guest and interviews.

This is one of the best in the series
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mjc_olLGbE
Just a regular guy who likes Metal
Van Ailin'
Headlining Clubs

Post by Van Ailin' »

I'm glad. Always like podcasts with producers, and you tended to ask good questions. For a few years, I regularly looked for it, and I've missed it while it was gone. This is good news. Thank you.
BernieTaupson
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by BernieTaupson »

FoolsDie wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:55 pm Let me know if you have any cool ideas for guests (especially producers/mixers/engineers)
Quincy Jones, Giles Martin, Paul Simon.
Van Ailin'
Headlining Clubs

Post by Van Ailin' »

FoolsDie wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:55 pm Let me know if you have any cool ideas for guests (especially producers/mixers/engineers)
Bill Bottrell
Kevin Elson
Ty Tabor (about both music-making and mastering and why the move to Kansas City)
Mark Hornsby (Kevin Gilbert & more)
Mike Clink
Brian "Balance" Moritz (on helping pull together projects for Steve Morse on a budget)
Craig Alvin (especially for how to get great acoustic guitar sounds)
Jack Blades (how has Night Ranger been able to keep recording and start sounding better post-Seven)
Bernie Grundman (on specifics of mastering for UHQR Steely Dan reissues - which are excellent)
Billy Sherwood or Fernando Perdomo (on pulling together projects with lots of people recording remotely - and how to select them)
Tom Allom (in particular, curious how Krokus - Headhunter came to be as it is since it's really unique in their catalogue)
Dana Strum (on what it was like pulling together a project with Vinnie Vincent and maybe how learnings influenced Slaughter records)
Peter Collins (especially about Rush - Power Windows and Gary Moore - Wild Frontier, also Flying Colors)
Roger King (on how 2nd half of Steve Hackett's career came together and thrived)
FoolsDie
Playing Frat Parties

Post by FoolsDie »

Great list - thanks!

I tried Kevin Elson recently and he declined. I'll look into the others.