Iron Maiden : Nights of the Dead live album

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

BernieTaupson
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Iron Maiden : Nights of the Dead live album

Post by BernieTaupson »

What were they thinking releasing this show, Bruce sounds as bad as modern-day Dianno.

wtf is this, it doesn’t even sound like words.

https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=0jlys ... fXsIxAreX-
AlexVonHaig

Re: Iron Maiden : Nights of the Dead live album

Post by AlexVonHaig »

Maiden has a lot in common with KI$$. Not so much the music, but the fans. Neither group has done anything of interest for decades but fans of each will spend money on the steaming piles they tender
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by HueyRamone »

AlexVonHaig wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:38 am Maiden has a lot in common with KI$$. Not so much the music, but the fans. Neither group has done anything of interest for decades but fans of each will spend money on the steaming piles they tender
Yeah. Maiden have done horrible albums since 1988, but at least Bruce and the band delivered live till 5 years ago or so. Now, it's just as bad as Kurrent Kiss and Paul's voice.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
Psychobolia.com
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas
Location: Paris, France, land of sleaze and cheese, wine and whine

Post by Psychobolia.com »

I saw the first leg of this tour, Bruce sounded a lot better in Paris than here in Mejico... Wallet closed on this one!
gtshark1
Headlining Clubs

Post by gtshark1 »

I have Book of Souls: Live Chapter. I'm good.
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

I have Rock In Rio. I'm good.
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

Listening to some more of this. The intro to 2 Minutes sounds like Ace Frehley hacking away at it and Wickerman is a train wreck the whole way through, Dave’s riff during the choruses is out of time and even Adrian’s solo is all over the place. Must have been a leak of laughing gas or something on the stage, I’ve never heard Maiden be so sloppy.
Lobo
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Lobo »

I also wonder how they could release this mess of a show as a live album. It's just plain bad.

I thought at the time that Bruce's voice got fried by the cancer he beat but that was just before they did the Book Of Souls tour. As mentioned here the live album from that tour: Book Of Souls Live Chapter isn't nearly as bad as this Mexico show. Bruce's voice wasn't perfect on the Book Of Souls live album, it sounded like he lost some of his higher register. His voice sounded a lot lower, kind of like Ian Astury has sounded the last few years. Much lower and unable to hit any of the high notes

This Mexico gig sounds different, it sounds like Bruce's voice is fried and it's not just range or a lower sounding voice. It sounds like it's cracking.
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

The Evil That Men Do sounds like he’s trying to keep his false teeth from flying out when he’s singing.
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

Jesus, Dave’s intro solo to Hallowed Be Thy Name sounds like the backwards calliope fairground music in Being For The Benefit of Mr Kite.